Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tek's Take on Week One. Some Big Points that Should Be Mentioned.

Default Tek's Take on Week One. Some Big Points that Should Be Mentioned.

Well guys, I was in no position to type anything yesterday, definitly over indulged at the bar and we will just leave it at that. Anyway, there was a couple of points that I thought should be mentioned that nobody has.

First of all, I thought that the pass rush was pretty good for most of the game. On the first drive, we didnt blitz more than 4 and I was wondering why, Im sure you were too. After that, we seemed to rush pretty frequently and it worked. The Ravens had 5 holding calls in the first half! Mostly because someone was running free to the QB and they grabbed him. Tamba was completly hooked around the neck in the endzone that should have been a safety. HE BLEW passed that guy! The refs gave us a crappy call, saying it happened on the 1, so there was no safety. The next play, Flacco is gonna be sacked for a safety and throws it away, only to be saved by the refs AGAIN. The Ravens were clawing, scratching and biting to escape sacks. Contrary to what another member posted, The Ravens line is very good and physical and I think we gave them fits.

Second of all, WTF Clancy!? why was Maurice Leggett playing 10 yards off every play?! He had no chance to make a play and often was right there for the tackle after a first down or big gain. Am I the only one that noticed this?

Third of all, The Ravens haven't given up a hundred yard rusher in 38 games (39 now) and have only had TWO over 60 in that same period. I think we can expect to see a much better running game the rest of the year than what we saw against the best defense of the decade.

Fourth, Brodie Croyle ended up with 116.00 QB rating with 2 TD's and 0 picks. Not bad at all, Brodie. What was bad is that he was only 2 of 10 on third down. If the chiefs are able to run the ball better (which I know we will) and the coaching staff gets these recievers running thier routes past the marker (which you know Haley will do) I think we can be much better. When you add the fact that Matt Cassell will be at the Helm over Brodie, it only makes sense that we will perform better in that area.

Last but not least, DJ has to strart next week, the experiment is over Todd. Hopefully with Brandon Flowers back next week our defense looks better, but after giving up 501 yards to the Ravens, Clancy HAS to step it up. I know, nobody expected the Ravens to come out passing, but that is no excuse, we gave up way too many first downs and big gains because of bad play calls. The go-ahead TD pass with 2 minutes left happened when Clancy blitzed both safeties. Am I the only one that thought it was ridiculous to blitz both safeties? Obviously Clancy's defense can create HUGE plays, but at what cost? Hopefully he figures it out and I think he will.

In conclusion, I think that we will be competitive this year and unlike the previous years, I dont think that we have to wait until "next year" to be good, I think come week 8, people aren't going to want to play the Chiefs.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    We're gonna win this one. I just know it.
    I read ya man!

lol
    No matter how bad we are, a win over the Raiders makes it just that much more bearable.

how'd the raiders look tonight didn't get a chance to watch...heard the new guy for them had 2 sacks

1st point) Pass rush was non existant, 1 hurry

2nd point) Our defense was on the field for 40 minutes, they couldn't play up close or they would get beat every play.

3rd) Big excuse..Our O-line was Horrible..thats why we didnt rush for any yards.

4th) I agree. Brodie was pretty good, but Cassel won't be able to do much better if our O-line does not somehow get better, fast.

5) See point 2...It wont matter who we have out there if we do not make 1st downs...Which we will not be able to do with the current O-line.

So I did at least agree with one item on your list....but your summary you mention we will be competitive...I don't really know what you mean by this....

I think I have a different definition of competitive than you. Until we get some O-Line and D-line remedies, there is no way we will be competitive as I define the word.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    how'd the raiders look tonight didn't get a chance to watch...heard the new guy for them had 2 sacks
    Unfortunately the raiders looked pretty good...Seymour (the new guy as you put it) looked like a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Maniac View Post
    Unfortunately the raiders looked pretty good...Seymour (the new guy as you put it) looked like a beast.
    i read they were leading but cry baby (rivers) lead a drive to take the lead with 15 seconds left

also heard Heyward-bay dropped a pass hahahaha should of taken CASHtree

Yeah, the Raiders did look pretty good. They ran the ball down the Chargers throats, but Russell is still HORRIBLE!

We may have problems with Zach Miller in the zone, but I'm not worried about the Raiders WRs at all, just make sure to cover deep and stop the run.

The Raiders defense was great until they played prevent.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

What I am worried about is the pressure and the front 7 of the Raiders (they play some weird 4-3-3-1 thingy, with a 3 deep zone and 1 safety)

Seymour looked just manly, and even the Chargers couldn't really run on them for much of the game....

If they break our offensive line and we cant get first downs, our defense will be much too tired to run with their WR's I am afraid...

Great minds think alike Tek, I agree with everything you said....

except, we didn't have a good pass rush. We registered 1 QB hurry in 44 pass attempts, which is terrible. It seemed like a few more, but maybe they were on penalty plays. Flacco had all day to throw way too often.

The Raiders were the Raiders. Honestly, both the Chargers and the Raiders played horribly sloppy football lastnight. Many penalties and mistakes. Once San Diego stopped the run and forced Russell to make throws they were having a horrible time. He did finally get lucky late on that deep route, but again that was just as much due to a miscue in the San Diego secondary.

Then, the Raiders did what they do, found a way to lose the game late. Honestly, if we play mistake free this week, like we did on Sunday and make just a couple more plays on offense this will be a laugher by the end.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast