Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Down on Hailey and Pioli WHY?

Default Down on Hailey and Pioli WHY?

OK so I have Noticed that after the First game of the season many fans are one of two mindsets. A. despite the loss you are sort of encouraged by what you saw from the team. Or B. You have decided that Scott Pioli and Todd Hailey are horrible and have failed in there jobs. To the people who are in the B area why lets look at what we have seen so far from the new management of the chiefs.

First the Chiefs while losing games yes are not just sitting pat. Even yesterday you saw the Chiefs make a signing of a WR an area of need. That if nothing else is an improvement from the past few seasons. Pioli and Hailey will not take failure and that is a good thing.

To those who say all Pioli has done is sign former Pats Players that is a step up from what the chiefs have. Add to that that it is really the safe thing for Pioli to do. You have to go with players that you KNOW can get the job done. Yes the Pats let them go but the Pats are in a much better position then the chiefs at this point so just because they were let go by the Pats does NOT mean that they can not help the chiefs in some way.

Now for Hailey. Yes he has not won a game yet as a head coach but look at what he has. He came into a Bad football team. Did anyone in there right mind RELAY think that the Chiefs could Win in Baltimore. Hailey did pretty much all he could do as a head coach. He coached his team to be in a position to win the game the Chiefs were tied late in the game at 24. Yes he did not wow anyone with the play calling but i will say again that he was in a bad spot. Not having the guy YOU have chosen to be your starter at QB of course you are going to tone things down.

Simply put while the Chiefs have not won a game including the preseason the signs are if anything good for the chiefs. There has defiantly been a change in the way that the chiefs go about things. Pioli has proved that he will continue to do anything that he can to help this team at anytime. Even after the season has began. Its still a wait and see on both but I don't see why many have already given up on the pair of Scoot Pioli and Todd Hailey. Its far to early for that.

whats going on in here!? this thread is too long so I didn't read any of it! So if someone can summarize it in 2 words or less I'd be grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    whats going on in here!? this thread is too long so I didn't read any of it! So if someone can summarize it in 2 words or less I'd be grateful!

Raiders suck.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Raiders suck.
    Is that what this is all about? I thought that was a given; a known fact; an accepted universal law that all people understood save those stuck in the turbulent fringe of near complete insanity otherwise known as Oakland a.k.a the black hole on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Is that what this is all about? I thought that was a given; a known fact; an accepted universal law that all people understood save those stuck in the turbulent fringe of near complete insanity otherwise known as Oakland a.k.a the black hole on Earth

Strong with you, the force is.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Now Vern, in two or three years you will be singing his praises, saying I told you guys how good Haley was.
    Honestly, with the personnel he inherited, how can he do the things he wants. Some of you need to wake up and smell the roses. The Chiefs were/are a bad football team. We are getting better and it will be a slow process. If you build a team for the long haul, you do it slowly and for the most part through the draft. If you only get 2 maybe 3 starters a year from the draft, it's going to take time.
    One thing for certain, when Pioli gets the job done we will be a contender every year.
    No, I won't be saying that I have always said he would be good, I have intellectual honesty (yeah, me and Chiefster might be the only ones), but I will be praising him as a coach if he does manage to make us a contender in three years.

If no contender, then he goes the way of Squirmin Herman.

I will say this, I would have been happy to live with Edwards one more year if it meant we could have gotten Cowar in here!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

The difference between Herm and Haley will probably be that the Chiefs will get better and not worse.
    Saying that he is the same as Herm if we don't contendt in 3 years is painting it a little to black / white..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234