Thread: Chiefs sign WR Lance Long

Default Chiefs sign WR Lance Long

I'm surprised there wasn't more talk about this guy. He was considered a really good Wes Welker type of prospect for the Cardinals. I was reading some other teams forums and a lot of fans were hoping their teams would go after this guy. Could be a nice player for us down the road.

http://twitter.com/espn_nfcwest/status/4032293058

Long ran a 4.38 in the 40 yard dash at his pro day, and had the fastest shuttle time in the country.

Rotoworld's comment:

A nice pickup for Todd Haley. Long was good enough to make Arizona's Week 1 roster, but got "punished" for a rough Week 1 game during which Kurt Warner looked more like a late-40s quarterback than a Super Bowl runner-up. K.C. is starving for talent at all positions, so Long may be activated later this year.
    And this is from the Cardinals site:

There’s [Lance] Long, the second-year man who is practice squad-eligible but who will likely have a tough time passing through waivers if released. There’s Early Doucet, who has struggled with injuries his first two training camps but was the team’s third-round draft pick in 2007. And there is veteran Sean Morey, who has less upside as a receiver but is the NFC’s reigning Pro Bowl special teamer and a key member of the Cards’ special teams units.
    Last edited by yashi; 09-16-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Never heard anything about him but any help is good help for the chiefs at this point. GO CHIEF!!

Never heard of him.

I had never heard of him either but I kept seeing his name mentioned on Arrowhead Pride and other sites, so I did some research.

His college stats sure don't suggest that he's very good... he only had 33 catches in college and 1 touchdown. Haley must really see something in him because he managed to stay on the practice squad all last season with Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I had never heard of him either but I kept seeing his name mentioned on Arrowhead Pride and other sites, so I did some research.

His college stats sure don't suggest that he's very good... he only had 33 catches in college and 1 touchdown. Haley must really see something in him because he managed to stay on the practice squad all last season with Arizona.
    Well lets be real, if you had Fitzgerald Boldin, and that other guy on your team, Would you be looking at anyone else? Probably not.

Hope this guy can improve the team. He's got some speed. Hope he has some hands.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

K.C. is starving for talent at all positions,
    We are?

He's fast and he sounds like a guy that can replace Quinten Lawrence. He probably couldn't be any worse than Lawrence. I like the pickup. I wonder who we released to sign him.

Yeah, the Cardinals have Steve Breaston, Larry Fitz, and Anquan Boldin.. so I agree I probably wouldn't be looking at any other wideouts. Hopefully this Lance Long has hands.

We released Rodney Wright on the practice squad to make room. No loss there.

I think your misleading. He was added to the practice squad.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>