Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sacks Given Up by Left Tackles (Branden Albert)

Default Sacks Given Up by Left Tackles (Branden Albert)

This is super interesting, and looks like it will be updated weekly.

Sacks Given Up By LTs (Updated Weekly!) - WalterFootball.com Forums

Albert gave up 2 of Baltimore's 3 sacks in the first game alone, tying him for worst in the league. It makes me realize that I think we should still pursue a true franchise left tackle (and right tackle of course), and eventually move Albert inside to his college position where he can be one of the best in the league. Hopefully in the meantime at least, Albert starts playing better.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post

Albert gave up 2 of Baltimore's 3 sacks in the first game alone, tying him for worst in the league. It makes me realize that I think we should still pursue a true franchise left tackle (and right tackle of course), and eventually move Albert inside to his college position where he can be one of the best in the league. Hopefully in the meantime at least, Albert starts playing better.
    This week against Richard Seymour will be an awfully good indicator of Albert's ability in the pro set with a pocket QB as opposed to the spread with a scrambler.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    This week against Richard Seymour will be an awfully good indicator of Albert's ability in the pro set with a pocket QB as opposed to the spread with a scrambler.
    Perhaps, but the Raiders might line Seymour up all over the place like they did against SD. They'd be smart to pick on Ndukwe at RT. Then again, they're not very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post

So using your theory, highlighted above, Jake Long who was a true Left Tackle, should be moved. Since Long gave up 3 sacks last week........
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Who cares, he is still learning and will become great.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

He dropped what? 50 pounds? He's learning to play more with technique and quickness instead of bulk and pure force. I think the evaluation process is going to be a long one for Albert. I just hope he moves well against some of the more athletic competition he'll see this year.

Albert could very well struggle early on, but a simple sack statistic doesn't tell the whole story. He has his work cut out for him, but I don't think he's one of the linemen we need to worry about, for now at least.

Thanks Aussie!

Good points Tyler, but Alpert has lost about 15 pounds of baby fat. He was listed at 314 last year and playing at 301 this year.
    Now for the real reason Alpert struggled. He was playing against one of the top DE's in the league and Suggs also lined up on that side alot. What OT wouldn't struggle'

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    He dropped what? 50 pounds? He's learning to play more with technique and quickness instead of bulk and pure force. I think the evaluation process is going to be a long one for Albert. I just hope he moves well against some of the more athletic competition he'll see this year.

Albert could very well struggle early on, but a simple sack statistic doesn't tell the whole story. He has his work cut out for him, but I don't think he's one of the linemen we need to worry about, for now at least.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Good points Tyler, but Alpert has lost about 15 pounds of baby fat. He was listed at 314 last year and playing at 301 this year.
    Now for the real reason Alpert struggled. He was playing against one of the top DE's in the league and Suggs also lined up on that side alot. What OT wouldn't struggle'
    Now Suggs is on the Ravens injury report with a concussion. Think it wasn't physical inside. I am telling you this team beat up the Ravens and no one new is on our injury report this week. Haley has this team conditioned and ready to play.

I think the Chiefs could conceivably use 3 of their first 4 picks in next years draft on the OL. We are short on talented starters and have no depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I think the Chiefs could conceivably use 3 of their first 4 picks in next years draft on the OL. We are short on talented starters and have no depth.
    They could do that might be better to get some free agents if there are any Great o liners out there with next year being an uncapped year as of now they can realy go to work in the free agent market.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast