Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mistakes Kill Chiefs

Hybrid View

Default Mistakes Kill Chiefs

This was a game that the raidiers not only had no busness winning but had no business even being in the game. Mistakes and penatlies doomed the chiefs who OUTPLAYED the raiders. Drop passes hurt a couple of turnovers on drives not being able to get out of bounds on the last play of the half All things that the chiefs will be able to point to when looking back at a game they gave away to oakland.

Postives that the chiefs can take out of this one. They had sucess runing the football more then they have had in the recent history. Larry Johson ran hard and was not going down on the first hit most of the time. The offense towards the later part of the game were able to move the ball if it were not for penalties often times on the other side of the field that had nothing to do with the play. The chiefs held the ball more then oakland. The chiefs Defense played well enough to win. The raiders simply could not run the ball. They got a couple of nice runs but no BIG plays.

Negtive the chiefs seemed to take a step back in displine from last week. They would get a big play only to have the drive killed by a penalty. The chiefs played a raider game with lots of penalties. While the Raiders commited there fair share they were simply put more displined when it counted. They had bad penalties to but none that Killed a drive.

The chiefs are going to have to rebound form this one from the mental part of the game. On the Physical side the chiefs outplayed the raiders. Mistakes have to be cut out. I see alot of players beening called out by Todd Hailey and maybe in the doghouse. Haileys playcalling can not be at fault for this loss. Mistakes by the players are the reason they lost. This is still a very young team and your going to get games like this. It still sucks to be a fan of the chiefs as this is one the chiefs should have won.

At one point late in the game total yards were KC 331 Oak 82. KC 23 first downs oak 5. KC rushing 161 oak 33. How the F do you lose a game like that? well, turnovers, stupid mistakes, and a bunch of guys that just don't know how to win yet.

[quote=drstandley31;156564]At one point late in the game total yards were KC 331 Oak 82. KC 23 first downs oak 5. KC rushing 161 oak 33. How the F do you lose a game like that? well, turnovers, stupid mistakes, and a bunch of guys that just don't know how to win yet.[/quote]

could not agree more!

I don't know, the stats were good. But it was against the Raiders. If we put up those numbers against a good team, I'd be more hopeful. But I recognize this year and next are "rebuilding" years. But now it's real rebuilding and not Herm Edward's version of "rebuilding." But it was pretty glaring how much Tony Gonzalez is missed. My one major criticism about Pioli is letting Tony go. But it is what it is.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Ok, what was up with that late hit call on Russel, did the guy get pushed on to him, did he have a running start at him and couldn't slow down and fell on him or was the guy just a complete F---???

Also loved that we spent 2 timouts in the first quarter, that came back to haunt us. why didnt cassel throw it away the last throw of the first half or take a shot at the endzone. Who was covering that reciever when russel got the completed pass on 3rd and 15 (for some reason looked like Legget was there, also why is he wearing Priest holmes number).

Just think if flowers would of got a better hand on that ball, he would of had a INT TD

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Ok, what was up with that late hit call on Russel, did the guy get pushed on to him, did he have a running start at him and couldn't slow down and fell on him or was the guy just a complete F---???

Also loved that we spent 2 timouts in the first quarter, that came back to haunt us. why didnt cassel throw it away the last throw of the first half or take a shot at the endzone. Who was covering that reciever when russel got the completed pass on 3rd and 15 (for some reason looked like Legget was there, also why is he wearing Priest holmes number).

Just think if flowers would of got a better hand on that ball, he would of had a INT TD
    I don't know if this is the play you're talking about or not but late in the fourth (I think) the pocket collapsed around the Raiders QB and he ran into one of his own O-linemen and went down. Now, not being downed by contact a couple of defenders got too him on the ground at the same time and we were called for a late hit or something to that affect.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I don't know if this is the play you're talking about or not but late in the fourth (I think) the pocket collapsed around the Raiders QB and he ran into one of his own O-linemen and went down. Now, not being downed by contact a couple of defenders got too him on the ground at the same time and we were called for a late hit or something to that affect.

ya i saw the game and thats the hit i'm talking about but i saw the guy just fall on him so i was just wondering why he dove at him like that (they will alway call that a late hit on any QB)

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    ya i saw the game and thats the hit i'm talking about but i saw the guy just fall on him so i was just wondering why he dove at him like that (they will alway call that a late hit on any QB)
    Had the whistle blown? I, only, ask because I don't know; to me it is a bad call especially if it happened before the whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Had the whistle blown? I, only, ask because I don't know; to me it is a bad call especially if it happened before the whistle.
    THe whistle had not blown but Russel was down, all the defender had to do was touch him and the play was over, instead they both jumped on him. I think the second hit came from Jackson and he dove in. It was a clean hit, but was entirely unnecassary.

If it were a running back, there would have been no flag, but since it was a QB they called it. I don't like the call, but I have to say if it was Cassel taking that hit, I would want a flag thrown.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

i was pissed we weren't sending more people after Russel on that final drive.....we are not going to get to the QB with a 3 man rush

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast