Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Positives

Default Positives

That hurt, but there are areas that are improving. I thought our QB play and OL play were improving. Not great, but flashes of good things to come. LJ looked good as did the entire running game. Still not enough pressure on the QB, but good coverage in the secondary and we kept them from running at all. We converted 3rd downs, that's huge. We didn't give up 3rd and long all day (although when we did it was a crusher). I think we did find the QB of the future for us. Wade looked good at points too, that's a help. Not the answer for a kick returner, but good check down or primary choice for Cassel. So, a loss is a loss, but we moved the ball, stopped them all day, hopefully the ship is in the right direction. With that being said, I'm going to pour another glass of Jack and try to burn the rest of that game out of my head.

I feel we could blow out Cleavland, considering how bad they looked against the Bronocs.

We just need that first win, so we can rememeber what winning is like and have more drive to winning again.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

It really feels like we haven't won a game in years... sigh.

Bobby Wade looked good though.

1st and goal from the 9 at the end of the half - you simply have to score - at least 3. Major blunder.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    1st and goal from the 9 at the end of the half - you simply have to score - at least 3. Major blunder.
    I was screaming after that one. I couldn't believe we were that stupid.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

They had the opportunity to try for the TD, but for that to work, they had to go to the endzone. I guess Cassel made a bad decision.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    They had the opportunity to try for the TD, but for that to work, they had to go to the endzone. I guess Cassel made a bad decision.
    Indeed. He better not do it again!
    SHUT IT

If this franchise were actually trying to win games this year and the past couple years, we wouldn't have been scraping our a$$ on the salary floor. Does anyone have any idea how we got above the salary floor this season? The way I see it, this franchise has been trying to rebuild with youth and they're doing it again this season.

If you were coming into this season expecting a much better team than last season, then you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    If this franchise were actually trying to win games this year and the past couple years, we wouldn't have been scraping our a$$ on the salary floor. Does anyone have any idea how we got above the salary floor this season? The way I see it, this franchise has been trying to rebuild with youth and they're doing it again this season.

If you were coming into this season expecting a much better team than last season, then you're not paying attention.
    Lets see, we've added Beisel, Mike Brown, Vrabel, Engram, Wade, Goff, Ndukwe in just this season so far. I'm sure I left out some others. Not exactly rebuilding with youth...We are rebuilding with a mixture of youth and vets, the way we should be. And yes, we are a better team than last year. And yes, I have been paying attention...
    SHUT IT

Lets see, we've added Beisel, Mike Brown, Vrabel, Engram, Wade, Goff, Ndukwe in just this season so far. I'm sure I left out some others. Not exactly rebuilding with youth...We are rebuilding with a mixture of youth and vets, the way we should be. And yes, we are a better team than last year. And yes, I have been paying attention...
    Missing from your list? The big franchise play maker on either side of the ball that you build your team around. We don' have those guys.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Yeah, and each of those guys are cornerstone players, right? Hell, can you show me even ONE? You can't build a franchise around ANY of those players. The Chiefs are building their team through the draft and signing older players with a couple years left in the tank to show them what it takes to be pros. That's not "building with vets." All they did was bring in a little leadership. How long do you think Vrabel, Engram and Goff will be with this team? Think they're going to be major contributers to a Super Bowl team when they hoist the trophy? If your answer isn't "yes," then this team isn't "building with veterans."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast