Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Positives

Hybrid View

Default Positives

That hurt, but there are areas that are improving. I thought our QB play and OL play were improving. Not great, but flashes of good things to come. LJ looked good as did the entire running game. Still not enough pressure on the QB, but good coverage in the secondary and we kept them from running at all. We converted 3rd downs, that's huge. We didn't give up 3rd and long all day (although when we did it was a crusher). I think we did find the QB of the future for us. Wade looked good at points too, that's a help. Not the answer for a kick returner, but good check down or primary choice for Cassel. So, a loss is a loss, but we moved the ball, stopped them all day, hopefully the ship is in the right direction. With that being said, I'm going to pour another glass of Jack and try to burn the rest of that game out of my head.

Lets work on redzone, and 2 min drills.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Lets work at removing the prevent defense out of the playbook.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Yes please!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Lets work on redzone, and 2 min drills.
    Tell you what, lets work on removing the stupid penalties from our game before we worry about either of these.

Redzone would not be important if we did not have guys flopping on top of an already downed quarterback.

Prevent defense would mean nothing if we did not have guys going offsides and performing illegal contact on defense on teh OPPOSITE side of the field from where the play was. Geez, that play was so out of the area the TV crew did not even have a replay of it.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

...This!

I've seen the "prevent" prevent a team from winning time and time again; it has no place in a close game IMO.

One thing i was very very impressed and happy with was LJ catching the ball outta the backfield. What he had 3 catches for 50 yards or more?
    He had some fire... Was a very very bad loss but alot of positives to look forward to. Without the mistakes and miscues raiders would not have even been in this game

I think we have a kicker too. When's the last time we could even think about saying that. We haven't had a FB since Richardson went to Minn, but I think Cox may finally be what we need there. I so don't understand how those past idiots never filled positions where we lost great players... i.e. kick returner, Offensive linemen, FB, QB... I'm sure there's more. I like these new coaches. If you don't perform you're out and we'll find someone that will. F'n Herm.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    I think we have a kicker too. When's the last time we could even think about saying that. We haven't had a FB since Richardson went to Minn, but I think Cox may finally be what we need there. I so don't understand how those past idiots never filled positions where we lost great players... i.e. kick returner, Offensive linemen, FB, QB... I'm sure there's more. I like these new coaches. If you don't perform you're out and we'll find someone that will. F'n Herm.
    Good post. I agree with you about Succop and Cox. I think both are positives for the team. As I have said before, Herm and Carl left a steaming pile of dung for Haley and Pioli. It will take a few years to get to the promised land, but we will be back in contention by mid-season next year.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Yeah but what if the freakin' coach doesn't perform. Is he out? I'm slightly pissed at Haley and co at the moment. So far his "my way or the hiway" or "you better protect my football" kinda attitude has us 0-2 at the bottom of the afc west. Some of these vets might not appreciate this sh!t coming from a first-time head coach who has never played a down in the nfl. I mean, not a single win in pre-season or reg season. 0-6. Are we really THAT bad? Or am I just an a$$ for even posting this. If this pisses you off, then this Christmas headline will definetly piss you off:
    Bill Cowher named Chiefs head coach.
    Last edited by Bike; 09-20-2009 at 07:45 PM.
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast