Thread: Time to be philosophical...

Default Time to be philosophical...

Okay, I like everyone, was very upset after the game yesterday.

Here is the thing. We know that the amount of wins and losses this year are not the key to whether or not this team is a success. I honestly was hoping for 5, but if they do not get there, it does not necessarily mean I will think this is a failure of a season. Just as, if they were to win more games, I would not necessarily consider it an incredible success. Improvement is what we need to see. I did see that. They outplayed the Raiders yesterday, but lost.

Mistakes beat the team. They still are trying to figure out how to finish and win one. But they were much closer yesterday than week one. Individual players made mistakes, but they were correctable mistakes (and a couple were on the Refs).

In the end, people can keep calling for heads, or start to realize that just leaves things back at the beginning. We must give the current GM/coach time. It hurts and its not easy, but the alternative is just starting over again and again and again. Will these guys be the ones to get the Chiefs back to prominence? I sure hope so, because they are going to be in charge for the next couple years at least.

I think everyone here is a true Chiefs fan, because you do not go through what we have the past couple years unless you are. Lets watch calling each other fair weather or less of a fan just because they come here to vent some. On the same token, do not hold it against folks if they are calling for patience. IN the end, we all want the same thing.

Yours truly,
    Sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Isawa_mo View Post
    Okay, I like everyone, was very upset after the game yesterday.

Here is the thing. We know that the amount of wins and losses this year are not the key to whether or not this team is a success. I honestly was hoping for 5, but if they do not get there, it does not necessarily mean I will think this is a failure of a season. Just as, if they were to win more games, I would not necessarily consider it an incredible success. Improvement is what we need to see. I did see that. They outplayed the Raiders yesterday, but lost.

Mistakes beat the team. They still are trying to figure out how to finish and win one. But they were much closer yesterday than week one. Individual players made mistakes, but they were correctable mistakes (and a couple were on the Refs).

In the end, people can keep calling for heads, or start to realize that just leaves things back at the beginning. We must give the current GM/coach time. It hurts and its not easy, but the alternative is just starting over again and again and again. Will these guys be the ones to get the Chiefs back to prominence? I sure hope so, because they are going to be in charge for the next couple years at least.

I think everyone here is a true Chiefs fan, because you do not go through what we have the past couple years unless you are. Lets watch calling each other fair weather or less of a fan just because they come here to vent some. On the same token, do not hold it against folks if they are calling for patience. IN the end, we all want the same thing.

Yours truly,
    Sauce
    Well I rewatched yesterday's game and I have to say, I don't see much improvement over last year.

Here are some of the things i saw that I saw last year in many of the games we played.

Key penalties whiping out big plays - Check
    Poor play calling keeping us from getting points on the board - Check
    A defense that is caught out of position allowing big plays to be made - Check
    Lack of pass rush - Check
    Lack of offensive line - Check
    Some great running performances, but not nearly great enough to establish a passing game - Check
    Errors on special teams when the game is on the line - check

The one area, if I were to stretch and say we have improved is in the running defense, we seem to be a little better at stopping the run, we will see if that holds up in the weeks to come.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Well I rewatched yesterday's game and I have to say, I don't see much improvement over last year.

Here are some of the things i saw that I saw last year in many of the games we played.

Key penalties whiping out big plays - Check
    Poor play calling keeping us from getting points on the board - Check
    A defense that is caught out of position allowing big plays to be made - Check
    Lack of pass rush - Check
    Lack of offensive line - Check
    Some great running performances, but not nearly great enough to establish a passing game - Check
    Errors on special teams when the game is on the line - check

The one area, if I were to stretch and say we have improved is in the running defense, we seem to be a little better at stopping the run, we will see if that holds up in the weeks to come.
    Prevent defense.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

if not for the penalties and the prevent defense we would have had a blow out.. I think Philli is winnable for sure, cassel will have a full game under his belt and after watching the game film he will relize he had more time then he indicated by his playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    if not for the penalties and the prevent defense we would have had a blow out.. I think Philli is winnable for sure, cassel will have a full game under his belt and after watching the game film he will relize he had more time then he indicated by his playing.
    At first I did not think that the chiefs had a chance to win a game against Philli. But with Mcnabb being hurt i think the chiefs have a shot. Cassel will hopefuly learn from his mistakes. That was his first game with the chiefs so yes he was going to make mistakes. The chiefs have a shot they will at least keep it close.