Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Positives

Default Positives

That hurt, but there are areas that are improving. I thought our QB play and OL play were improving. Not great, but flashes of good things to come. LJ looked good as did the entire running game. Still not enough pressure on the QB, but good coverage in the secondary and we kept them from running at all. We converted 3rd downs, that's huge. We didn't give up 3rd and long all day (although when we did it was a crusher). I think we did find the QB of the future for us. Wade looked good at points too, that's a help. Not the answer for a kick returner, but good check down or primary choice for Cassel. So, a loss is a loss, but we moved the ball, stopped them all day, hopefully the ship is in the right direction. With that being said, I'm going to pour another glass of Jack and try to burn the rest of that game out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    Like many others have said, it's gonna take time. If you're expecting them to go from zero to hero in two weeks, you're gonna be in for a heckuva lot of disappointment this season.
    Raiders at home should always equal a win. That is the expectation, that is the rule. You will always take a lot of crap as a coach and a player if you break that rule. Herm Edwards was terrible at this rule losing two of three of these contests.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Raiders at home should always equal a win. That is the expectation, that is the rule. You will always take a lot of crap as a coach and a player if you break that rule. Herm Edwards was terrible at this rule losing two of three of these contests.
    Exactly.
    SHUT IT

I used to get worked up after a loss like this but after the last 3 yrs with Herm I guess I've become numb to it. I realize its a rebuilding process and we're gonna lose games like this. Now if we were a legitimate contender for a playoff run and lost a game like this I'd go through the roof!

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Can you believe F'n Denver is 2-0? they blow and have two wins. something's wrong somewhere.
    The first win was pure luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Maybe thats what we need. Some luck.
    SHUT IT

if we only win 2 games , they should be home games against the raiders & broncos. that balloon has already burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I'm with you man, now I know why Waters and Gonzales were all fired up at the All-Star game.

This guy is starting to look more and more like an idiot. He is making some very dumb calls on offense and his constant swearing and screaming at players is not doing anything of any good.

Seriously, all the yelling, as I have posted before, is starting to make us a laughing stock if we weren't enough of one already. Yeah, I have it in for Haley because he is not showing us anything except that he can out scream any other head coach and that he is not Herm Edwards.

Actually, the performance of the team on the field is still very reminiscent of Herm Edwards, we are still losing games, our OLine still plays like crap, and our overall defensive play is still full of stupid penalties.

Of and by the way, penalties are a result of a head coach not preparing the team to play. So besides anything else we say, Haley is to blame for this loss.
    Are kidding me, do you remember last year's home game against these *******s? we got drilled. This year we had it won and make some costly mistakes. It's gonna take a couple years to get out of the hole Herm and Co. put us in. And they needed to be yelled at. Did you see some to the stupid BS that went on today? You need a leader that isn't going to put up with that BS, and he won't. They are in a hole and I hope he can pull us out of it. I've coached, and sometimes you need to make your point and do it loud. Herm would have just said, 'Oh well, we were close:. F That.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Oh I know it was. just hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Maybe thats what we need. Some luck.
    The only type of luck we've had is the bad kind.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

i am sick of coming up with excuses as a positive for one. this is a very respectable franchise and i am sick and tired of losing. there is no a damn thing positive out of this loss to oakland we lost we are 0-2 and we lost to oakland. the last three years i have heard fans come up with positives from a loss.there is no such thing we lost. nothing positive about it all this is not our standard i am sick of it we are a first class franchise this is far from exceptable toughin it up a little

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast