Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For those of you dogging Haley

Default For those of you dogging Haley

Sure Haley swears alot, but he at least has the respect of his players. The team as a whole lost over 700 lbs! What the heck was Herm doing, taking them to Ci CI's? It is true that we could be sitting here 2-0 right now, but that would have been more than we expected. The new regime is showing promise and Cassel made two mistakes but man he has great footwork in the pocket. Anyone who expected Haley to take this team Herm and Carl destroyed to the playoffs this year is being ludicris. For those calling for Bill COwher, how many years did it take him to lead the Steelers to a SB? Give Haley a season before you go for his throat.. Be a real Chiefs fan, not a fair weather fan...

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    8-8? Really? Come on, I don't care who the coach is, but going from 2-14 to 8-8 is unrealistic. Especially after loosing the greatest TE to play the game. Herm did so much damage to this team that it will take 2-3 seasons to be competitive again. He drafted cr@ppy players, had cr@ppy coaches under him and miscoached all the young talent that was brought in. When young players are coached wrong, it takes some time to break those bad habits and get them on the right track. I know that sucks, but it's being realistic.
    Well I agree with alot of what you say, and yes it may be some what unrealistic to think we could go 8 & 8 but again, look at what Miami did. I think we did better overall and Cassel has not seen a full practice for some time now. Progress may not be as fast as we would like it and losing to the raiders is, yes the hardest part but with hard a"" Haley and Cassel getting back to full time I truely think each game will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    We lost to the Raiders last year at home to...remember that. The problem is the raiders are getting alittle better.
    I remember that, and the year before as well, another loss at home. That was with a horrible Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson as well.

The Raiders are no better this year than they were the last two years.

In 2007, we had that stupid call by Edwards, you remember the one, where he threw the challenge flag and then immediately called a timeout right after he lost the challenge?

In 2008, you remember that game, the game where the Raiders ran all over us all game? That was also the game where we expiremented with three different QBs, and ended up being killed by a team that went 4-12 that year.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    From the sound of this sounds like you would love Marty back as well, I for one am tired of recycled coaches. I want to give Haley a chance.

As far as respect, He may be demanding it but I know at least LJ has said he has a lot of respect for Haley. And seems to me that as much as everyone hated LJs attitude that the turn around in attitude alone should be a good start at giving Haley a chance to prove he can be a good coach.

As far as changing O-Coordinator within 2 weeks of the first game, might not have been great timing but he said he felt it was a better option then going with something that just wasnt going to work. I for one respect that.

Do I think Haley has been perfect so far, No ... far from it, but we gave Hermie at least a season and a half before we condemned him and he was a proven loser coming in, now after 2 games with what he inherited from Hermie and there are some fans ready to hang Haley already. I would tend to believe these are the same ones that were soooo anxious to get rid of Carl Peterson, and hopefully hated Hermie. Because seriously if someone liked Hermie and doesn't like Haley I couldn't take a thing they said serious.

We got the regime change we wanted, I think now is the time for a little patience to allow them to regroup and put a winning product on the field.

But again a loss against the Raiders is NEVER acceptable.
    I'll give you the fact that I need to show a little patience. But back-to-back losses to stud qbs Flacco and Russell ain't exactly the same as losing to - say - Brees and Manning. We need a win.
    SHUT IT

this loss was devastating cause it should never have happened. we dominated all but the last 4 minutes of the game. we should have had 2 int's, one for a TD and one to stop their last drive. Cassel played like crap, had one great throw for the Td, but repeatedly missed open recievers including the second int. not to mention that end of half pass, 14 seconds left and you pass for 2yds in bounds w/no time outs left, just throw it away. That would have been the tying FG. if he doesn't throw that int that's the winning FG. not one person to blame for the loss but all in all we should have won this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I remember that, and the year before as well, another loss at home. That was with a horrible Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson as well.

The Raiders are no better this year than they were the last two years.

In 2007, we had that stupid call by Edwards, you remember the one, where he threw the challenge flag and then immediately called a timeout right after he lost the challenge?

In 2008, you remember that game, the game where the Raiders ran all over us all game? That was also the game where we expiremented with three different QBs, and ended up being killed by a team that went 4-12 that year.
    How are we suppose to remember that? He did it more than once.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

divisional games are always close, but christ i'm tired of losing, especially to the raiders&chargers. i'm from southern california so being the only chiefs fan within 50 square miles sucks.i deal with their bs smack talking on a daily basis,i'ts bs.guess it's just payback for dominating them both all those years.oh well,just had to vent after another bullsh$t loss.

you play to win the game and he did that with the qb talent he had.

With the Broncs, Raiders, Bengals, Browns, Bolts on the back end of the schedule, there's no reason we couldn't eek out a few wins once we get going.

Especially if this O-line starts to gel and get better as a unit.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by metalstorm999 View Post
    divisional games are always close, but christ i'm tired of losing, especially to the raiders&chargers. i'm from southern california so being the only chiefs fan within 50 square miles sucks.i deal with their bs smack talking on a daily basis,i'ts bs.guess it's just payback for dominating them both all those years.oh well,just had to vent after another bullsh loss.
    I too am in Southern California, and going to work tomorrow is going to suck.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    We lost to the Raiders last year at home to...remember that. The problem is the raiders are getting alittle better.
    The Raiders are also spending money that we're not. This franchise is NOT committed to winning games right now... nor have they been for at least three years.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast