Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For those of you dogging Haley

Default For those of you dogging Haley

Sure Haley swears alot, but he at least has the respect of his players. The team as a whole lost over 700 lbs! What the heck was Herm doing, taking them to Ci CI's? It is true that we could be sitting here 2-0 right now, but that would have been more than we expected. The new regime is showing promise and Cassel made two mistakes but man he has great footwork in the pocket. Anyone who expected Haley to take this team Herm and Carl destroyed to the playoffs this year is being ludicris. For those calling for Bill COwher, how many years did it take him to lead the Steelers to a SB? Give Haley a season before you go for his throat.. Be a real Chiefs fan, not a fair weather fan...

Atleast he's taking responsibility, and not just sitting there flapping his yap like some other coach, who shall remain nameless..

HERM!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Here you go, jacka$$

Records show Bucs have $30M in cap space
    by Alex Marvez

Updated: September 12, 2009, 4:10 PM EDT

To say the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have money to burn is an understatement.

The Bucs will enter the 2009 season with more salary-cap space than any other franchise. Tampa Bay currently has $30 million in room, according to financial data obtained by FOXSports.com.

No other team has anywhere close to that amount of cap space. Green Bay has $17 million available, followed by Kansas City ($16 million), Chicago ($15 million) and Cleveland ($15 million).

The Chiefs also are the only NFL team that hasn't reached the minimum spending floor mandated under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Clubs are required to spend 87.6 percent of their cap total on player salaries. The Chiefs are $7 million short of that mark.

If Kansas City doesn't reach the floor by season's end, the $7 million will be split among every player who has appeared on the Chiefs roster since the beginning of training camp.

Tampa Bay's frugality is nothing new. The Bucs have a team cap figure of $144 million — $16 million more than the official league number — because of credits accrued from previous seasons when the club didn't spend to the cap. The Bucs tried using cap space on high-profile player acquisitions during the offseason but couldn't sign free agent defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth or swing a trade with New England for quarterback Matt Cassel.

Wide receiver Antonio Bryant, linebacker Barrett Ruud and left tackle Donald Penn are Tampa Bay's top veterans whose contracts expire after this season. While the Bucs have ample cap space available, the financial issues of team ownership could hinder negotiations with those players.

Kansas City has a different kind of cap problem — a roster lacking talent worthy of lucrative extensions. Linebacker Derrick Johnson is the top Chiefs player whose contract expires at season's end. But under new CBA rules set to begin in 2010, the number of complete NFL seasons required for unrestricted free agency jumps from four to six seasons. That means Johnson will become a restricted free agent whose services could be retained for a lesser price in 2010 than a long-term deal.

The final year of the CBA agreement also abolishes the salary cap altogether and minimum spending limits on player salaries. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said he doesn't expect an agreement on a new CBA with the players union before an uncapped system goes into effect in March.

The NFL is on track for a work stoppage in 2011 unless a new labor pact is reached.

A list of teams with the least amount of cap space wasn't immediately available, but Carolina is believed to be the frontrunner with less than $5 million in room. Carolina's cap is tight for two reasons — the team's 2008 roster has remained almost entirely intact and defensive end Julius Peppers is consuming almost $18 million in space as Carolina's franchise player.
    Here I will post a link to the article you quoted.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10060856/Records-show-Bucs-have-$30M-in-cap-space

Funny but the article doesn't contain the line that you bolded, also if we are far below the amount of cap space (by 14 million) as your article says then Tampa Bay why exactly would we be the ONLY one under the floor, it just doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Here I will post a link to the article you quoted.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10060856/Records-show-Bucs-have-$30M-in-cap-space

Funny but the article doesn't contain the line that you bolded, also if we are far below the amount of cap space (by 14 million) as your article says then Tampa Bay why exactly would we be the ONLY one under the floor, it just doesn't add up.
    TC doesn't usually conjur statements like that, so I decided to check into it a bit.

First thing I noticed was the change of date, from the one posted by TC. (12th - 17th)

So I did a yahoo search for this portion of what was omitted... < The Chiefs also are the only NFL team that hasn't reached the minimum spending >

Sure enough, fifth listing is to the exact link you posted, Mclovin.

And, as you pointed out, all of the parts regarding The Chiefs are missing. Even the searched portion, which still linked me to that page.

My guess is hat the story has been altered, to make it shorter, and more to the point about Tampa.

Not sure why. But it does seem like there would be a reason that that particular search would link that exact page, even quoting ""Kansas City is the only team in the league that hasn't reached the minimum spending floor ... Fancy NFL Preview: The Kansas City Chiefs by Saberhagendaaz ..." as the caption to that page.

It is also possible that the writer made some kind of an error, and pulled part of the statement.

I wasn't a fan for or against Haley, but I love what he is doing. The cursing out each player after bad plays will get old, but I am definately on board with him.

I do love that this is basically a bunch of left overs off the street dominated a team supposedly polished off as a final product.

Can you guys imagine if some of these things happened.

A. The on sides kick actually worked, as it almost did. OH man.. That would have been freaking awesome.

B. Flowers had a pick six hit him in the hands.

C. Had we scored the field goa before half.

D. The unessary roughness penalty that kept the scoring drive alive for Oakland. Just touch the guy.

This team is much better than I thought it would be. They are certainly going the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

A. The on sides kick actually worked, as it almost did. OH man.. That would have been freaking awesome.

D. The unessary roughness penalty that kept the scoring drive alive for Oakland. Just touch the guy.
    I don't know about you, but seeing all the opportunities slip through our hands is not really encouraging to me, it is way more frustrating than anything else....there is no excuses for that many missed opportunities, and i blame everyone, Haley and the team in all...

and im sure you could add on another 4 or 5 opportunities we had to ice the game...just never happened..so frustrating, and now we have Raiders fans saying "i told you so", etc....we should've won that game.

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    I don't know about you, but seeing all the opportunities slip through our hands is not really encouraging to me, it is way more frustrating than anything else....there is no excuses for that many missed opportunities, and i blame everyone, Haley and the team in all...

and im sure you could add on another 4 or 5 opportunities we had to ice the game...just never happened..so frustrating, and now we have Raiders fans saying "i told you so", etc....we should've won that game.
    How 'bout at the beginning of the game, 4th and 1 from the 5 and you kick a field goal? Bad call Haley. When you're not a great football team you got to take some chances to win the game. Even if we don't get the 1st they are still in a hole with Russell for cryin' out loud. We most likely woulda got the ball back in great field position. But if we do get the 1st we got 4 shots at the end zone. 7-0. Doesn't make since to me.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I wasn't a fan for or against Haley, but I love what he is doing. The cursing out each player after bad plays will get old, but I am definately on board with him.

I do love that this is basically a bunch of left overs off the street dominated a team supposedly polished off as a final product.

This team is much better than I thought it would be. They are certainly going the right direction.
    But these are exactly the same kind of woulda coulda shoulda scenarios we had last year. Remember, we had 7 or 8 games that we lost by less than a touchdown. It is these kinds of mental mistakes that keeps us from winning football games.

These are the things we HAVE NOT Improved on and should have been the things we DID improve on.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post

to me, it just comes down to the lack of talent or newness of a team. I think Haley was very aggressive and did everything he could to win the game. He is also a rookie HC, so he isn't going to be polished. The players are either out matched or still catching up to being on a new team.

At least we can look at this game and say, yeah, we knew we sucked and are working on it. What is your excuse..

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    But these are exactly the same kind of woulda coulda shoulda scenarios we had last year. Remember, we had 7 or 8 games that we lost by less than a touchdown. It is these kinds of mental mistakes that keeps us from winning football games.

These are the things we HAVE NOT Improved on and should have been the things we DID improve on.
    It is the second game of the season. He is a rookie HC. There are many people in this forum who were not this critical of Herm until his third year. Haley was dealt a bunch of BS and all of sudden people think he should have a final polished team by week 2. Wow...

Haley did a lot of good things. People are feasting on the few mistakes... Herm never got this much deserved bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    TC doesn't usually conjur statements like that, so I decided to check into it a bit.

First thing I noticed was the change of date, from the one posted by TC. (12th - 17th)

So I did a yahoo search for this portion of what was omitted... < The Chiefs also are the only NFL team that hasn't reached the minimum spending >

Sure enough, fifth listing is to the exact link you posted, Mclovin.

And, as you pointed out, all of the parts regarding The Chiefs are missing. Even the searched portion, which still linked me to that page.

My guess is hat the story has been altered, to make it shorter, and more to the point about Tampa.

Not sure why. But it does seem like there would be a reason that that particular search would link that exact page, even quoting ""Kansas City is the only team in the league that hasn't reached the minimum spending floor ... Fancy NFL Preview: The Kansas City Chiefs by Saberhagendaaz ..." as the caption to that page.

It is also possible that the writer made some kind of an error, and pulled part of the statement.
    I'm not the only one quoting this article...

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2009/09/1...ing-our-money/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast