Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: For those of you dogging Haley

Default For those of you dogging Haley

Sure Haley swears alot, but he at least has the respect of his players. The team as a whole lost over 700 lbs! What the heck was Herm doing, taking them to Ci CI's? It is true that we could be sitting here 2-0 right now, but that would have been more than we expected. The new regime is showing promise and Cassel made two mistakes but man he has great footwork in the pocket. Anyone who expected Haley to take this team Herm and Carl destroyed to the playoffs this year is being ludicris. For those calling for Bill COwher, how many years did it take him to lead the Steelers to a SB? Give Haley a season before you go for his throat.. Be a real Chiefs fan, not a fair weather fan...

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Agreed on most everything you said, the only difference is .... A loss to the Raiders is NEVER acceptable. Especially when you dominate everything but the score.

Quote Originally Posted by King_of_the_Cassel View Post
    Sure Haley swears alot, but he at least has the respect of his players.
    Really??? How do you know this? We know he did not have the respect of a lot of players in Arizona because his players in Arizona told us about it after he was gone.

The team as a whole lost over 700 lbs! What the heck was Herm doing, taking them to Ci CI's? It is true that we could be sitting here 2-0 right now, but that would have been more than we expected.
    Maybe more than you expected, I expected 1-1 at this point and we are not even that.

The new regime is showing promise and Cassel made two mistakes but man he has great footwork in the pocket. Anyone who expected Haley to take this team Herm and Carl destroyed to the playoffs this year is being ludicris.
    I don't think I expected the playoffs but I expect MORE wins than we had last year. We have the players we need to win more games than last year. 4-12 would be an improvement, but I am not even seeing that at this point. The Raiders are about the worse team we are going to see this season, well marginally the Broncos are worse, but we cannot beat the Raiders at home? And somehow that is improvement?

For those calling for Bill COwher, how many years did it take him to lead the Steelers to a SB? Give Haley a season before you go for his throat.. Be a real Chiefs fan, not a fair weather fan...
    Dude, seriously, you have to think before you post, we are not even talking Super Bowl run here, we are talking winning games at this point, the Super Bowl is a pipe dream. You have to win a football game before you can even think of being a playoff team.

By the way, Cowher had Pittsburgh leading his Division almost every season, he was a perrenial playoff coach taking his team to the playoffs almost every year he was there.

Out of 14 seasons, he missed going to the playoffs 5 times., yeah he only went to the Super Bowl once and that was after 13 years there, but he was able to get his team in the position to win year after year.

To me that is a pretty good coach who will demand more respect than the leader we have now.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Sure Haley swears alot, but he at least has the respect of his players. The team as a whole lost over 700 lbs! What the heck was Herm doing, taking them to Ci CI's? It is true that we could be sitting here 2-0 right now, but that would have been more than we expected. The new regime is showing promise and Cassel made two mistakes but man he has great footwork in the pocket. Anyone who expected Haley to take this team Herm and Carl destroyed to the playoffs this year is being ludicris. For those calling for Bill COwher, how many years did it take him to lead the Steelers to a SB? Give Haley a season before you go for his throat.. Be a real Chiefs fan, not a fair weather fan...
    Are you sure about that? I, for one, do NOT think Haley has the respect of his players - yet. And, two, I am not a real Chiefs fan because I am venting after a raiders loss at home? I would not be a real Chiefs fan if I didn't. Should we all just have your opinion concerning Haley and close the book? Get real, genius.
    SHUT IT

I think people just had very high hopes for this season (not a playoff team but 8-8) and they haven't been fufilled so far. It's just hard to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Everest View Post
    I think people just had very high hopes for this season (not a playoff team but 8-8) and they haven't been fufilled so far. It's just hard to take.
    8-8? Really? Come on, I don't care who the coach is, but going from 2-14 to 8-8 is unrealistic. Especially after loosing the greatest TE to play the game. Herm did so much damage to this team that it will take 2-3 seasons to be competitive again. He drafted cr@ppy players, had cr@ppy coaches under him and miscoached all the young talent that was brought in. When young players are coached wrong, it takes some time to break those bad habits and get them on the right track. I know that sucks, but it's being realistic.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Even if we just won one game all year, I would have wanted it against the raiders at home...
    SHUT IT

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Really??? How do you know this? We know he did not have the respect of a lot of players in Arizona because his players in Arizona told us about it after he was gone.

Maybe more than you expected, I expected 1-1 at this point and we are not even that.

I don't think I expected the playoffs but I expect MORE wins than we had last year. We have the players we need to win more games than last year. 4-12 would be an improvement, but I am not even seeing that at this point. The Raiders are about the worse team we are going to see this season, well marginally the Broncos are worse, but we cannot beat the Raiders at home? And somehow that is improvement?

Dude, seriously, you have to think before you post, we are not even talking Super Bowl run here, we are talking winning games at this point, the Super Bowl is a pipe dream. You have to win a football game before you can even think of being a playoff team.

By the way, Cowher had Pittsburgh leading his Division almost every season, he was a perrenial playoff coach taking his team to the playoffs almost every year he was there.

Out of 14 seasons, he missed going to the playoffs 5 times., yeah he only went to the Super Bowl once and that was after 13 years there, but he was able to get his team in the position to win year after year.

To me that is a pretty good coach who will demand more respect than the leader we have now.
    From the sound of this sounds like you would love Marty back as well, I for one am tired of recycled coaches. I want to give Haley a chance.

As far as respect, He may be demanding it but I know at least LJ has said he has a lot of respect for Haley. And seems to me that as much as everyone hated LJs attitude that the turn around in attitude alone should be a good start at giving Haley a chance to prove he can be a good coach.

As far as changing O-Coordinator within 2 weeks of the first game, might not have been great timing but he said he felt it was a better option then going with something that just wasnt going to work. I for one respect that.

Do I think Haley has been perfect so far, No ... far from it, but we gave Hermie at least a season and a half before we condemned him and he was a proven loser coming in, now after 2 games with what he inherited from Hermie and there are some fans ready to hang Haley already. I would tend to believe these are the same ones that were soooo anxious to get rid of Carl Peterson, and hopefully hated Hermie. Because seriously if someone liked Hermie and doesn't like Haley I couldn't take a thing they said serious.

We got the regime change we wanted, I think now is the time for a little patience to allow them to regroup and put a winning product on the field.

But again a loss against the Raiders is NEVER acceptable.

Hailey is not toatly to blame. Yes he is the head coach of the chiefs. But he took over a young team. They make mistakes that cost you games. He will need time to coach theses guys to not make mistakes.

at the same time he is the one that is to get wins and so far he has not gottent the job done. Hailey deserves neither hatered or blame at this point. He deserves time to coach guys who imo have not recived good coaching since they got to the nfl. Its to early to dog hailey just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Agreed on most everything you said, the only difference is .... A loss to the Raiders is NEVER acceptable. Especially when you dominate everything but the score.
    We lost to the Raiders last year at home to...remember that. The problem is the raiders are getting alittle better.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast