Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Second Favorite Team

Default Second Favorite Team

Does anyone else have a second favorite team they follow? For the first time ever I am honestly thinking of picking up another team because I cant take losing anymore. Football is becoming depressing every week when the Chiefs lose. I am from KC but I live in New Jersey now and I am starting to pull for the Giants every week. Share your second favorite team if you have one?

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Thank goodness I have KU!
    Rock Chalk!!!!

"Chiefs and whoever play the donkys" - My Dad

I asked him when i was little if we could cheer for another team and he told me that lol

but i pull for my friend's team...the TB Bucs (unless they play the chiefs).

College football its Georgia, college basketball KU, MLB Atlanta Braves

Having spent 24 years in the Navy and stationed all over the country, there are a number of teams I will keep track of. That being said, The Chiefs Are my passion, have the gear, wear the colors, cheer win the y make good plays, swear when they do stupid things.
    For all the critics, I am excited about the Pioli, Haley team. During the Herm era, to keep from throwing something thru the TV, I'd get mad, turn off the TV and go do honey-do's. So far this year that hasn't happened.

only the chiefs in the NFL, I do however have about 10 college teams that I pull for

I respect a lot of teams, but can only bring myself to root for the Chiefs and any teams I have money riding on. Last night I had $250 riding on the Dolphins +3.5 pts vs Indy. The Dolphins dominated every aspect of the game and somehow found a way to lose by 4 pts on the final drive of the game.

Sound familiar? I lost $250 on the hook right after watching my Chiefs lose the exact same way the day before. What a crappy football weekend.

As for a 2nd team, I have thought about rooting for the Lions as a 2nd team since I live here in Michigan. At least nobody could accuse me of being a bandwagon fan.
    Last edited by Coach; 09-22-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I respect a lot of teams, but can only bring myself to root for the Chiefs and any teams I have money riding on. Last night I had $250 riding on the Dolphins +3.5 pts vs Indy. The Dolphins dominated every aspect of the game and somehow found a way to lose by 4 pts on the final drive of the game.

Sound familiar? I lost $250 on the hook after watching my Chiefs lose the exact same way the day before. What a crappy football weekend.

As for a 2nd team, I have thought about rooting for the Lions as a 2nd team since I live here in Michigan. At least nobody could accuse me of being a bandwagon fan.
    You should come to Canada. I got the Dolphins +4.5 and KC got 14.5 against Bal. Those "crappy" teams are winning me money!!

You are just trying to get on the Det Bandwagon early.

Bandwagon Fan
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneygirl View Post
    My second team isn't better than the Chiefs. I'm a admitted Lions fan. Thankfully my college team,Michigan,is doing good this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    You should come to Canada. I got the Dolphins +4.5 and KC got 14.5 against Bal. Those "crappy" teams are winning me money!!

You are just trying to get on the Det Bandwagon early.

Bandwagon Fan
    Damn metric system.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Damn metric system.
    Dont worry, I only won Canadian money!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

My dad's sister & her family were native's of Wisconsin, and so the Packers were a part of our extended family as a result. I consider them a second, but no where near the level of my Chiefs!!

I root for the Lions some too, cause I have several friends who are Lions fans...they're feeling pain of loss like us Chiefs fans are.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

The chiefs are my second favorite team. My first favorite team is a hockey team, no worries

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast