Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Second Favorite Team

Default Second Favorite Team

Does anyone else have a second favorite team they follow? For the first time ever I am honestly thinking of picking up another team because I cant take losing anymore. Football is becoming depressing every week when the Chiefs lose. I am from KC but I live in New Jersey now and I am starting to pull for the Giants every week. Share your second favorite team if you have one?

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I always liked the Chiefs, much to the chagrin of my Raider fan father. But I became a rabid fan when my favorite player (up til then) Marcus Allen was treated so poorly by Al Davis and ended up with the Chiefs. I was ecstatic and no longer cared what my Dad thought. Of course, I do like my almost hometown team, the Cards. While I root for them, I wouldn't drive the 250 miles to Phoenix to watch them or buy their merchandise. I did pay $150 for the same parka Marcus Allen wore in the 94 season. And I'm a cheapskate. But it is Chiefs or nothing. I'll grumble and sulk and every fall/winter Sunday get excited and pray for them to win. Ain't no other team that means that to me.

Exactly thats how I am with the texans unless they play for the chiefs I will root for them but I dont buy crap lol I am going to try adn go to the Texans titans game because my bro in law is a titans fan the game today was in tenn i think or we will have to wait till next year lol

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Thank goodness I have KU!
    ...This.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I always liked the Chiefs, much to the chagrin of my Raider fan father. But I became a rabid fan when my favorite player (up til then) Marcus Allen was treated so poorly by Al Davis and ended up with the Chiefs. I was ecstatic and no longer cared what my Dad thought. Of course, I do like my almost hometown team, the Cards. While I root for them, I wouldn't drive the 250 miles to Phoenix to watch them or buy their merchandise. I did pay $150 for the same parka Marcus Allen wore in the 94 season. And I'm a cheapskate. But it is Chiefs or nothing. I'll grumble and sulk and every fall/winter Sunday get excited and pray for them to win. Ain't no other team that means that to me.
    I liked the Cardinals until they packed up and moved West. Darn Traitors!!!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

My second favorite team when watching the chiefs, thank god 99% of the time wins, is team michelob.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

I like alot of different teams.

Most notably, the Steelers and Vikings.

But, as stated several times before me, in this thread, only when their winning can't hurt my Chiefs,

I take a liking to other teams based on players and coaches. I used to like the Lions. But then Barry retired.

I used to Like the Jags, but then Boselli got injured.

Ken Norton Jr - 49ers

Bill Cowher; Greg Lloyd; Rod Woodson; Joe Green; Jack Lambert; terry Bradshaw - Steelers

Jared Allen - Vikings

Redkins...they used to beat The Cowboys alot.

Eagles - Westbrook; Randall Cunningham

Titans/Oilers - Warren Moon

And so on...

But I can't get friendly with Raiders, Broncos, Chargers, nor Cowboys.

Being I'm from Chicago, the Bears make me laugh but I don't really like them so Auburn is my 2nd. **** the rest of the NFL. Go Chiefs!!!

I am a die hard chiefs fan and Believe they will win every week....idiot. But my wife likes the G-men.

My favoritie college team is them HUSKERS, so I had one crappy weekend.....

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

I don't care for anybody except the Chiefs. I get genuinely excited watching Chiefs games. If I'm watching any other team it's because it was either a good game or nothing else is one.

On a side note that a few others have shared, thank God for college football or else the fall would be.... oh wait.

Go Wildcats! :(

Thanks Aussie!

No second team for me. There are the 49ers as my team, teams I will cheer on because of friends affiliation (if it doesn't hurt the 49ers) including the Chiefs, Falcons and Dolphins and then teams I hate (Cowboys, Rams, Packers, Raiders, Cards and Seahaws...pretty much in order of amount of hate)

Those not listed are pretty much indifferent...but I'll root for any team playing the hated ones...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood
    the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot...
    We'll take it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast