Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson.

Default Larry Johnson.

This week, he looked great.

I saw a bunch of effort from him. He kept his head up, and feet rolling. If he could do that every week I could join that wagon people are.

The problem is sometimes he feels like exerting all the effort in the tank, and then other times he barley cares.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

We'll see how he does as the season progresses.

As much as i have said he is completely finished, he did look like the old Larry today. I never thought he couldn't physically play anymore, i just thought he was mentally thrashed. Maybe someone gave him a cookie....

I think he still has the legs, I too question his heart. If the O line was any good at all, LJ would be consistently breaking off 150 yard games-he's that good. The thing is, he is no longer a wide-eyed rookie who believes he makes a difference-we're going to lose anyway. I really think somewhere he's thinking that someday he'll be on the train out of KC and if he keeps getting mauled evry game, what kind of a carrer will he have left. Before nuking me, put yourself in LJ's shoes. What is he getting beat to death for?

In answer to your question, he is getting beat to death for a sh**load of $$$, thats why. That was his decision to make. Getting pounded on in exchange for being able to retire wealthy in your 30's. Its a painful tradeoff but so is working in a steel mill or coal mine for a pitence of what he makes. Dont feel too bad for the guy;)
    Last edited by KCraised; 09-21-2009 at 07:55 AM.

Not to play devil's advocate, but 3.3 yards per carry is hardly old LJ. I think that was the 2nd least YPC he's ever had against the Raiders, in 10 matchups.

It was old LJ, in the fact that he had heart and he was moving piles and getting some yards after contact and hitting the line with effort. I think we are aware he didnt get 150 yards for the day. He did seem hungry for the first time in quite awhile.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

When Cassel gets rid the rust and has time with our wr`s, i think this willbe the biggest help for LJ. He wont see as much 8 man fronts.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    When Cassel gets rid the rust and has time with our wr`s, i think this willbe the biggest help for LJ. He wont see as much 8 man fronts.
    I was not impressed with Cassels decision-making or his throws in this game. He'd better get that rust shaken off quick.
    SHUT IT

Just remember, Trent Green did not look all that great his first season here. Once they got the pieces in around him, things looked much better. I am hoping the same will be true of Cassel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast