Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KC Star : Haley's coaching performance was embarrassing

Default KC Star : Haley's coaching performance was embarrassing

Let’s hope Todd Haley spent Sunday night standing in front of a mirror, screaming at himself. If he holds himself to the same standards as his players, he might be on the waiver wire this morning.

More...

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    And who can we blame for not having a OC or qb coach to help Cassel in these types of situations...
    Obviously Haley can't, won't, or didn't do it...
    Yeah, what he said.

I hope Haley didn't bite off more than he can chew.... next thing we know he'll get po'd at the Defensive Coordinator and assume those duties.... then he'll assume the duties of the special teams coach, etc, etc.....

I still think it was best for him to accept the fact that both he and Gailey could not work together due to different pholosophies. To me that is better than doing what Gunther and Herm tried to do. Run some hybrid of both their schemes and have neither work.

Now I know, so far, Haley's offense has not lit up the scoreboard here yet, but we know this team is a work in progress. Give it some time.

By the way, forgetting to tell your QB to throw away the ball in that situation is just the type of thing a head coach/coordinator will forget about in that type of situation. Haven't you ever been in a pressure situation at work or elsewhere? You normally remember the big things, but its the small details that get you in trouble. As they say "the devil is in the details". The biggest positive, is on Sunday, we lost to correctable mistakes, not by being outgunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Isawa_mo View Post
    I still think it was best for him to accept the fact that both he and Gailey could not work together due to different pholosophies. To me that is better than doing what Gunther and Herm tried to do. Run some hybrid of both their schemes and have neither work.

Now I know, so far, Haley's offense has not lit up the scoreboard here yet, but we know this team is a work in progress. Give it some time.

By the way, forgetting to tell your QB to throw away the ball in that situation is just the type of thing a head coach/coordinator will forget about in that type of situation. Haven't you ever been in a pressure situation at work or elsewhere? You normally remember the big things, but its the small details that get you in trouble. As they say "the devil is in the details". The biggest positive, is on Sunday, we lost to correctable mistakes, not by being outgunned.
    Assuming that having some common sense is a correctable mistake. A solid coaching performance would had won this game.
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12