Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LJ Post on Twitter

Default LJ Post on Twitter

This was posted by LJ on Twitter....

ToonIcon: Rather watch Temptations on VH1 than the bull**** I went thru today

Sounds like LJ was a litle disappointed..

Quote Originally Posted by obsessed View Post
    Jeesh, you guys are so quick to hate LJ it is unbelievable. You sure he was even talking about the game? 99% of the stuff on his twitter has nothing at all to do about football.
    See this is exactly my point. Did i say the twitter post was the reason? You posted this shining example in a thread about LJ posting on Twitter. It sure sounds like that is exactly what you are saying. Nope, i used it as an example of how much hatred people have for him. Oh btw you do realize he is not guarenteed that money anymore right? Do you realize that he started saying "all the right things" just about the time he lost the money. hmmmmm People are very fast to jump at that as an excuse instead of pointing to some very simple facts. 2008 he was 126 yards shy of 1000 and had an average of 4.5 yards per carry with only 193 carries behind a horrid OL and a pass heavy spread offense. Peterson had 4.8 on 363. 2007 he broke his foot(before he got paid) he went for 3.5 yards a carry on 153 carries. 2006 LJ went for almost 1800 (before he got money) his average was 4.3 on 416 carries behind an aging OL. The problem is he suffers from bad media publicity and they have gotten into a lot of peoples heads. Is he an *** off the field? Thats for the courts to decide. Does that matter at all when he is running the rock? Hell no. Larry runs much better when he gets the ball more than 10 times a game, he is a bruiser, that's what bruisers are good at. Wearing down a defense and eating their lunch late in the game. It's as if you expect him to be superman and call his own number, block for himself, be a speed demon, make you dinner and run for 200 yards a game. Larry is a competitor and it shows on the field, so what if he shows some frustrations, would rather have that then an i could careless attitude out there. He is a good back, he takes care of the ball, he will get those tough yards and extend drives this year more than the past year, and guess what.....he is showing some hands and better blocking ability. As far as what motivates him, if it really is money, so what. At least there is motivation and he wouldn't be the first or last guy that likes to get paid.
    Yeah, seems like it is asking a lot. Catch the ball, run the ball and block. That is quite a bit for a pro football player to manage.

PS His bad media comes from spitting on people and badmouthing Kansas City. Wierd how that works. LJs off the field problems are not for the courts to decide, they are for the fans to decide. Opinions get formed when you act like an as$ in public.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Actually i think his post is a good one for a change. it shows me that he is mad at the ending especially given the way he played. I think it's good that he is peeved about the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Yeah, seems like it is asking a lot. Catch the ball, run the ball and block. That is quite a bit for a pro football player to manage.

PS His bad media comes from spitting on people and badmouthing Kansas City. Wierd how that works. LJs off the field problems are not for the courts to decide, they are for the fans to decide. Opinions get formed when you act like an as$ in public.
    Dang your good at twisting stuff and leaving the factual stuff alone did you even bother to read what you highlighted and no, alleged crimes are not for the public to decide unless your part of the jury. LJ criticized people like you that won't cut him a break no matter what he does that makes the city look asinine can't say i blame him. Frankly i don't want someone without a chip on their shoulder playing football on my team. His bad media wrap came his rookie year when Keitzman started it and Vermil called him out for wanting playing time. Oh btw that "shinning example" was exactly that, an example of the hatred when something so small gets people like you calling for his head.
    Last edited by obsessed; 09-23-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    You overlook the Patriots. I am serious here, they do not have a running attack, they picked a guy up but he is stinking to high heaven. With Pioli's background with the organization, don't chortle too loudly.
    No I didn't...they have way too much invested in Mr Giselle Bundchen to take the risk of LJ picking up a blitzing LB...and LJ costs too much for a team to trade him as a part-time player.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Dang your good at twisting stuff and leaving the factual stuff alone did you even bother to read what you highlighted and no, alleged crimes are not for the public to decide unless your part of the jury. LJ criticized people like you that won't cut him a break no matter what he does that makes the city look asinine can't say i blame him. Frankly i don't want someone without a chip on their shoulder playing football on my team. His bad media wrap came his rookie year when Keitzman started it and Vermil called him out for wanting playing time. Oh btw that "shinning example" was exactly that, an example of the hatred when something so small gets people like you calling for his head.
    You are incredibly naive. If you think that the only thing that matters is the courtroom part of his legal troubles, then you need to pay more attention to what happens in real life. It is bad press when you go out in public as a well known figure, spit in a woman's face, assault people, etc. It doesn't matter if you're found legally guilty or not- the public has already read and seen it, and has said "Man, what an as$-head"

Larry is a good RB, and I'm glad he's still here, but this isn't about his rookie season- he has been bleh since he signed the new contract.

Sorry, my sig was meant for people who can read but here is what it says
    LARRY JOHNSONEXPRESS - 1400yds 15TD's
    Big Daddy Tek Stricken721

McLovin
    Doobs_05
    Canada

I am Canada, the guy on the LJ bandwagon, hoping he does well. However, if u truly think LJ is deserving of everyones respect, you have pretty low standards. I personally have no problem with someone who has a chip on his shoulder, I do however have a problem with a guy who disrespects women and the people of the city he plays in. If u want classless players, go watch the Raitards.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Sorry, my sig was meant for people who can read but here is what it says
    LARRY JOHNSONEXPRESS - 1400yds 15TD's
    Big Daddy Tek Stricken721

McLovin
    Doobs_05
    Canada

I am Canada, the guy on the LJ bandwagon, hoping he does well. However, if u truly think LJ is deserving of everyones respect, you have pretty low standards. I personally have no problem with someone who has a chip on his shoulder, I do however have a problem with a guy who disrespects women and the people of the city he plays in. If u want classless players, go watch the Raitards.
    Don't get me twisted i agree with the alleged women abuse as being evil if it is true, thats not my call to make, since i believe in the justice system (whole nother topic). He is a public figure and as such is a target for people wanting their 15 mins of fame and cash just look at Merriman. If it all turns out to be true then yes my opinion of him as an off field personality will greatly change. It's the bashing of what he does or does not do on the field that i will argue till he retires. The numbers i posted do not lie. He has been fairly consistent since day one. If we actually stuck to the run and he got 20 carries a game he would have been 5th in rushing even with missing 4 games last year. My point was LJ cannot call the plays, he does not pick the OL that blocks for him, he is not a speed back he needs momentum and always has. Yes, sorry, i did miss your sig

Latest post from LJ: Philly!!!!! Philly!!!! Already talkn ish! To my PSU boys! GUNNA!!!
    about 7 hours ago from txt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234