Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LJ Post on Twitter

Default LJ Post on Twitter

This was posted by LJ on Twitter....

ToonIcon: Rather watch Temptations on VH1 than the bull**** I went thru today

Sounds like LJ was a litle disappointed..

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Were we supposed to have stopped hating you at some point??
    With you, it's never been so much hate as it is just pure jealousy. You will never be as cool as me, now move on with your life. :sign0096:

I'd be more concerned if he had posted "Raiders kicked our as es today- no biggie"

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    With you, it's never been so much hate as it is just pure jealousy. You will never be as cool as me, now move on with your life. :sign0096:
    Yeah, I was jealous of all the naps you got to take when we were in KC. You looked so well rested and I was just tired from all the partying!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Jeesh, you guys are so quick to hate LJ it is unbelievable. You sure he was even talking about the game? 99% of the stuff on his twitter has nothing at all to do about football.

Quote Originally Posted by obsessed View Post
    Jeesh, you guys are so quick to hate LJ it is unbelievable. You sure he was even talking about the game? 99% of the stuff on his twitter has nothing at all to do about football.
    Seriously? U think LJs twitter comment is why people dont like the guy. The guy who quit after he got his big contract and has not done sh!t for this team since he got his $40 million. Yeah, its the twitter comments.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I'm on the LJ bandwagon again. So hate me.
    I never got off the LJ bandwagon, although at one point my feet were dangling over the edge and I considered looking for a comfortable spot to land if I did decide to jump.

I always thought he was an a$$ but I always wanted him to do well. (at least while he is wearing the Red and Gold)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Seriously? U think LJs twitter comment is why people dont like the guy. The guy who quit after he got his big contract and has not done sh!t for this team since he got his $40 million. Yeah, its the twitter comments.
    See this is exactly my point. Did i say the twitter post was the reason? Nope, i used it as an example of how much hatred people have for him. Oh btw you do realize he is not guarenteed that money anymore right? People are very fast to jump at that as an excuse instead of pointing to some very simple facts. 2008 he was 126 yards shy of 1000 and had an average of 4.5 yards per carry with only 193 carries behind a horrid OL and a pass heavy spread offense. Peterson had 4.8 on 363. 2007 he broke his foot(before he got paid) he went for 3.5 yards a carry on 153 carries. 2006 LJ went for almost 1800 (before he got money) his average was 4.3 on 416 carries behind an aging OL. The problem is he suffers from bad media publicity and they have gotten into a lot of peoples heads. Is he an *** off the field? Thats for the courts to decide. Does that matter at all when he is running the rock? Hell no. Larry runs much better when he gets the ball more than 10 times a game, he is a bruiser, that's what bruisers are good at. Wearing down a defense and eating their lunch late in the game. It's as if you expect him to be superman and call his own number, block for himself, be a speed demon, make you dinner and run for 200 yards a game. Larry is a competitor and it shows on the field, so what if he shows some frustrations, would rather have that then an i could careless attitude out there. He is a good back, he takes care of the ball, he will get those tough yards and extend drives this year more than the past year, and guess what.....he is showing some hands and better blocking ability. As far as what motivates him, if it really is money, so what. At least there is motivation and he wouldn't be the first or last guy that likes to get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by obsessed View Post
    See this is exactly my point. Did i say the twitter post was the reason? Nope, i used it as an example of how much hatred people have for him. Oh btw you do realize he is not guarenteed that money anymore right? People are very fast to jump at that as an excuse instead of pointing to some very simple facts. 2008 he was 126 yards shy of 1000 and had an average of 4.5 yards per carry with only 193 carries behind a horrid OL and a pass heavy spread offense. Peterson had 4.8 on 363. 2007 he broke his foot(before he got paid) he went for 3.5 yards a carry on 153 carries. 2006 LJ went for almost 1800 (before he got money) his average was 4.3 on 416 carries behind an aging OL. The problem is he suffers from bad media publicity and they have gotten into a lot of peoples heads. Is he an *** off the field? Thats for the courts to decide. Does that matter at all when he is running the rock? Hell no. Larry runs much better when he gets the ball more than 10 times a game, he is a bruiser, that's what bruisers are good at. Wearing down a defense and eating their lunch late in the game. It's as if you expect him to be superman and call his own number, block for himself, be a speed demon, make you dinner and run for 200 yards a game. Larry is a competitor and it shows on the field, so what if he shows some frustrations, would rather have that then an i could careless attitude out there. He is a good back, he takes care of the ball, he will get those tough yards and extend drives this year more than the past year, and guess what.....he is showing some hands and better blocking ability. As far as what motivates him, if it really is money, so what. At least there is motivation and he wouldn't be the first or last guy that likes to get paid.
    Look, LJs antics off the field are the same types of antics teams like Dallas and Oakland get criticized for. It is not the kind of publicity this team has received before and is not what we want for the future.

From that aspect, that is exactly why Johnson is not that popular with the fans.

Oh and since he is not guaranteed that money, one would think he would shut his ever-running mouth and focus on playing football. Since we have not docked him any of his pay yet, he should be thankful and work that much extra.

By the way, I saw some hard work out of Johnson this last game, he was not great, but his efforts really looked good, so I have to say, at least for that game, he looked like he was really trying to be more than he has been in the past.

Let's see what he does this weekend.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I'm on the LJ bandwagon again. So hate me.

Coach, hate is such a strong word; I think most would stop at moderate disdain, except for Canada of course.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast