Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Drafting in the top 5 again dang...

Default Drafting in the top 5 again dang...

Not that it's bad to be drafting in the top 5,but dang I hate watching them getting over paid.Our season is looking dimmer and dimmer each week.I was hoping we could get out of the disaster 5,but god only hopes we get hot(LOL thatd be nice)or get out by trade.

So... a blocked punt TD isn't as good as an offensive TD? I'm failing to see the logic.

I want KC to pile on as many points as possible in order to win games. I don't need them to be any particular kind.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    So... a blocked punt TD isn't as good as an offensive TD? I'm failing to see the logic.

I want KC to pile on as many points as possible in order to win games. I don't need them to be any particular kind.
    Sure it is. Just he same as a 14 point beat-down is as good as 14 point beat-down.

And a loss at home to horrible football team is a loss at home to a horrible football team.

How can you not see that?

If you wish to discredit someone pointing out that a freak play kept us in a game, then you have already discreditted any statement that the game was "closer than the score", or "we whipped them all day long, and lost on a fluke".

And all we are left to observe is just two losses. Nothing more is acceptable for interpretation, but scores.

All I am saying is that a blocked punt for a TD is a freak play. And The Ravens really outplayed us throughout game 1.

But we like to point out that we were in that game to the end, despite the score.

How do we accept putting a positive spin on things and discredit anything negative?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Sure it is. Just he same as a 14 point beat-down is as good as 14 point beat-down.

And a loss at home to horrible football team is a loss at home to a horrible football team.

If you wish to discredit someone pointing out that a freak play kept us in a game, then you have already discreditted any statement that the game was "closer than the score", or "we whipped them all day long, and lost on a fluke".

And all we are left to observe is just two losses. Nothing more is acceptable for interpretation, but scores.

All I am saying is that a blocked punt for a TD is a freak play. And The Ravens really outplayed us throughout game 1.

But we like to point out that we were in that game to the end, despite the score.

How do we accept putting a positive spin on things and discredit anything negative?
    It's easy. Now shut up.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    It's easy. Now shut up.

I'm just saying that the optimistic fans always seem to feel like they are being 'attacked' around here. But when a truly pessimistic fan shows up, just look at the reaction.

His posts get reported, though there is absolutely no rule violation.

And there is an outcry to get him banned from the site.

This is a team that has lost 28 of their last 34 regular season games. Including two consecutive home games against The lowly, and hated, Raiders.

Alot of people will fly off the handle. But somehow, this guy needs to banned for it? And two members went ahead and disrespected the site to directly insult him?

I'm just saying that the optimistic fans always seem to feel like they are being 'attacked' around here. But when a truly pessimistic fan shows up, just look at the reaction.

His posts get reported, though there is absolutely no rule violation.

And there is an outcry to get him banned from the site.

This is a team that has lost 28 of their last 34 regular season games. Including two consecutive home games against The lowly, and hated, Raiders.

Alot of people will fly off the handle. But somehow, this guy needs to banned for it? And two members went ahead and disrespected the site to directly insult him?
    You're either blind or are A.R. TTS posting under a psuedonym.
    Last edited by jmlamerson; 09-22-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    You're either blind or are A.R. TTS posting under a psuedonym.
    He just sounds like alot Cubs fans I've know over many years.

When the team is losing and doesn't seem to be getting better, alot of people get irrational. Check out some of the Official game threads.

Dislodge your head from wherever it is lodged. When, at any point, did I say that these losses were ok, that the 14 point run by the Ravens or the defeat at home at the hands of the Raiders were ok? When did I say that a freak play kept us in a game?

How can you not see that a blocked punt for a TD scored points for us to keep the Ravens game close?

Never once said that we got beat on a fluke by the raiders, nor that any game was closer than the score.

Great- the Ravens outplayed us all day. But a blocked punt for a TD is hardly a freak play- you rush the punter in order to try to get a blocked punt (especially near the end zone where you might block it and get a safety or a... touchdown). And of course, my point was, freak play or not, it was 7 points, and I don't care which segment of the team it came from.

I don't care about folks being negative, but it's the immediate, knee-jerk panic where *some* folks start talking about trading away our #1 WR so he can get better stats and enjoy the game somewhere else, or how we're going 0-16, or if we should switch to watching our second favorite team.

Losing sucks- I can't wait until we're winning. If for no other reason than we get to stop having exchanges like this.

I thought I had sensored that 4-letter word out of these forums.

When the team is losing and doesn't seem to be getting better, alot of people get irrational. Check out some of the Official game threads.
    This guy obviously isn't a Chiefs fan. Yashi did a better job than I could listing his threads. This guy is a troll. No more no less. The fact that you agree with him says more about you than it does that validity of his opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Dislodge your head from wherever it is lodged. When, at any point, did I say that these losses were ok, that the 14 point run by the Ravens or the defeat at home at the hands of the Raiders were ok? When did I say that a freak play kept us in a game?

How can you not see that a blocked punt for a TD scored points for us to keep the Ravens game close?

Never once said that we got beat on a fluke by the raiders, nor that any game was closer than the score.

Great- the Ravens outplayed us all day. But a blocked punt for a TD is hardly a freak play- you rush the punter in order to try to get a blocked punt (especially near the end zone where you might block it and get a safety or a... touchdown). And of course, my point was, freak play or not, it was 7 points, and I don't care which segment of the team it came from.

I don't care about folks being negative, but it's the immediate, knee-jerk panic where *some* folks start talking about trading away our #1 WR so he can get better stats and enjoy the game somewhere else, or how we're going 0-16, or if we should switch to watching our second favorite team.

Losing sucks- I can't wait until we're winning. If for no other reason than we get to stop having exchanges like this.
    All you did was try to discredit the negative spin.

If neg spin isn't allowed, then why aren't you running around correcting the positive spin? It runs rampant around here sometimes.

A blocked punt is considered a freak play, because of how rarely it happens. And because you never go into a game with the expectation of your punt block team scoring for you.

Perhaps describing it as an "unconventional" way to score would suit you better? But calling it a "freak play" works well enough for me.

Point being, that The Ravens outplayed us, the same as we outplayed The Raiders. That is why A.R. TTS was bringing up the freak play to begin with.

If you believe that a blocked punt TD is every bit as good as an offensive drive for 70 yards and a TD, then, by that line of thinking, we were not outplayed in Baltimore, until the final three and half minutes, or so. (game tied.)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast