Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cassel's Work Ethic, Already Getting Busy

Default Cassel's Work Ethic, Already Getting Busy

This is a very well done article by Kent Babb. It makes me look back to Connie's post about Chiefs that are faithful to the team and take on KC as their new home. I gotta admit, the work ethic Cassel has shown gives me hope that he will be our answer at QB once he is familiar with the system. I feel like for a lot if players, making it to the NFL is all they want. Cassel wants something more. I would recommend taking the time to read this.

Chiefs’ Cassel back to work - KansasCity.com

i love cassel hell be our guy next year hell shine

This is what I like about him. He is constantly finding new ways to get better.

Reading that article gave me goose bumps! I found myself visualizing like Cassell, of our Chiefs being in Super Bowl!

I believed in Cassell from the start, as I know others here did. I believed because I noted positive traits in his personality on the field, that indicated a team leader and ambition, as well as hints of great talent, that hadn't the opportunity yet to develop. This article indeed reveals what I thought I saw in Cassell...was accurate, not imagined.

I also see us on the path to Super Bowl, and don't believe it's my imagination either.

REP! Great read Ryfo, thanks for posting it!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I like the guy, I was not really happy about the long term contract for a player that had not really been tested, but last year he was tested and I think he did as well as anyone could have expected with this team.

He is going to get his chance to play, he has been given an opportunity and I like the fact that he has taken that seriously and is working like a leader should.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I like the guy, I was not really happy about the long term contract for a player that had not really been tested, but last year he was tested and I think he did as well as anyone could have expected with this team.

He is going to get his chance to play, he has been given an opportunity and I like the fact that he has taken that seriously and is working like a leader should.
    I was not happy when I saw the amount of money he got either. But from what I have seen I think it is possible for him to earn that money. I look for him to have a great year next. He had a better year then what his numbers said this past season. Drop passes make a QB look BAD at times and that hurt him.

He definitely exceeded my expectations for 2009, just by remaining healthy.

I look forward to seeing him next season.

For some reason, it didn't register with me that Cassel spent months learning a playbook, only to have it scrapped two weeks before the season opener.

I knew Chan Gailey was gone, but it never occurred to me that the playbook was gone, too.

It makes sense that our offense started clicking later in the season. One has to imagine that next season should be a lot more polished of an offense. Maybe not polished, but at least more functional.

Good, definitely need to see some results though.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    For some reason, it didn't register with me that Cassel spent months learning a playbook, only to have it scrapped two weeks before the season opener.

I knew Chan Gailey was gone, but it never occurred to me that the playbook was gone, too.

It makes sense that our offense started clicking later in the season. One has to imagine that next season should be a lot more polished of an offense. Maybe not polished, but at least more functional.
    But there is still a change going to happen next year because we have a new OC it might be close to the same system but there will be changes you can be assured.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast