Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Croyle... You're serious??

Default Croyle... You're serious??

I'm not going to go into the fact that the preseason QB battle is skewed by overly conservative play-calling for one guy, while the next gets to come in and pass on every down. I don't think I need to say that it's obvious that Huard has never had a chance of being this year's starter. It's entirely evident to me that Herm Edwards and Mike Solari have their man in Brodie Croyle and the whole preseason QB "battle" has been a farce from the start.

Nobody thinks that the reason Huard's not getting a fair shot and the reason we cut Tynes so early is simply because the organization doesn't want to look like the drafted the wrong guy? Come on. This happens all the time in the NFL. Look at the Browns. They have had horrendous QB problems for years because they have made huge mistakes drafting guys that are supposed to be their savior and then throwing them into the mix too early or simply ignoring the fact that their second string guy gives them a better chance to win because they don't want to look stupid for paying big money to a draft pick who is a bust. If Brady Quinn is atrocious while his back-up plays at least decent, the Browns would start Quinn anyway and they would have another miserable year for it. (Not saying Quinn is bad, just an example.)

Both picks I've seen Croyle throw this preseason would be horribly inexcuseable for a high school quarterback! The one against the Dolphins was atrocious, he had the sidelines AND the pylon (2 targets) to throw at and the pass goes directly to the defender! So badly that the intended receiver didn't even have a chance to try to make a play on the ball. There wasn't even a Chief's player within 5 yards of the defender Croyle threw it to against the Browns! This guy is playing at the pro level making pop-warner mistakes and he is our future???!?! ROFLMFAO

A third-round draft pick from Alabama is going to come in a and cure all our woes while MANY QB's taken in the first round aren't even playing anymore because they were such a bust! I'll believe that when I see it.

Well, it looks like Croyle will start this season so he will have the chance to prove me wrong. However, I think now that this will be a miserable year for us and the best thing Croyle will do for this team is continue to make mistakes in close games and help the Chiefs to a losing season so we will get an earlier draft pick we can use to replace him.
    ROUND 2, READY... FIGHT!!

EDIT: BTW, Huard is 10-4 as an NFL starter lifetime. Yes, it was in the PAST but that deserves some merit, imo. I know I'm going to take a lot of heat for this one so go ahead and shred me. Remember, it's all in good fun though. I'm not trying to make anyone mad. My opinion is pretty much worthless anyway.
    Last edited by m0ef0e; 08-18-2007 at 01:39 PM.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I'm not going to go into the fact that the preseason QB battle is skewed by overly conservative play-calling for one guy, while the next gets to come in and pass on every down. I don't think I need to say that it's obvious that Huard has never had a chance of being this year's starter. It's entirely evident to me that Herm Edwards and Mike Solari have their man in Brodie Croyle and the whole preseason QB "battle" has been a farce from the start.

Nobody thinks that the reason Huard's not getting a fair shot and the reason we cut Tynes so early is simply because the organization doesn't want to look like the drafted the wrong guy? Come on. This happens all the time in the NFL. Look at the Browns. They have had horrendous QB problems for years because they have made huge mistakes drafting guys that are supposed to be their savior and then throwing them into the mix too early or simply ignoring the fact that their second string guy gives them a better chance to win because they don't want to look stupid for paying big money to a draft pick who is a bust. If Brady Quinn is atrocious while his back-up plays at least decent, the Browns would start Quinn anyway and they would have another miserable year for it. (Not saying Quinn is bad, just an example.)

Both picks I've seen Croyle throw this preseason would be horribly inexcuseable for a high school quarterback! The one against the Dolphins was atrocious, he had the sidelines AND the pylon (2 targets) to throw at and the pass goes directly to the defender! So badly that the intended receiver didn't even have a chance to try to make a play on the ball. There wasn't even a Chief's player within 5 yards of the defender Croyle threw it to against the Browns! This guy is playing at the pro level making pop-warner mistakes and he is our future???!?! ROFLMFAO

A third-round draft pick from Alabama is going to come in a and cure all our woes while MANY QB's taken in the first round aren't even playing anymore because they were such a bust! I'll believe that when I see it.

Well, it looks like Croyle will start this season so he will have the chance to prove me wrong. However, I think now that this will be a miserable year for us and the best thing Croyle will do for this team is continue to make mistakes in close games and help the Chiefs to a losing season so we will get an earlier draft pick we can use to replace him.
    ROUND 2, READY... FIGHT!!

EDIT: BTW, Huard is 10-4 as an NFL starter lifetime. Yes, it was in the PAST but that deserves some merit, imo. I know I'm going to take a lot of heat for this one so go ahead and shred me. Remember, it's all in good fun though. I'm not trying to make anyone mad. My opinion is pretty much worthless anyway.
    I haven't ever said that Croyle is the runaway favorite, I have heard all the bad things about him, but the fact remains I have yet to hear or see a good thing from Huard. Sure he was good last year. Sure he has 10 wins in the last 176 games he has been an NFL QB. Is anyone here sayin that "he" won those games for us last year?? I don't really see him doin all that well without LJ carrying the ball 416 times. I agree that it is not fair that Huard did not get the chance in the preseason that Croyle did, but does that automatically make Croyle the wrong choice??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I haven't ever said that Croyle is the runaway favorite, I have heard all the bad things about him, but the fact remains I have yet to hear or see a good thing from Huard. Sure he was good last year. Sure he has 10 wins in the last 176 games he has been an NFL QB. Is anyone here sayin that "he" won those games for us last year?? I don't really see him doin all that well without LJ carrying the ball 416 times. I agree that it is not fair that Huard did not get the chance in the preseason that Croyle did, but does that automatically make Croyle the wrong choice??

I don't think it automatically does. I do agree that Huard had help last year. I just think that the decision on who starts at Quarterback was decided even before the team reported to River Falls. IMO
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    [/b]

I don't think it automatically does. I do agree that Huard had help last year. I just think that the decision on who starts at Quarterback was decided even before the team reported to River Falls. IMO
    Absolutely...I am not a huge fan of either guy. Thank god we got a defense again!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Absolutely...I am not a huge fan of either guy. Thank god we got a defense again!!
    As long as they wrap up!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    [/b]

Huard had LOTS of help last year. He was constantly over and underthrowing the ball. Our receivers had to either stop and turn around to catch the ball behind them, or they had to jump up to catch a pass going way over their head. With so many new receivers, we need someone who knows how to hit his mark. Croyle is not perfect, but he's much better at it than Huard is. Croyle needs to work on his decision making. That comes with experience. Experience that people on here seem to not want him to get.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Huard had LOTS of help last year. He was constantly over and underthrowing the ball. Our receivers had to either stop and turn around to catch the ball behind them, or they had to jump up to catch a pass going way over their head. With so many new receivers, we need someone who knows how to hit his mark. Croyle is not perfect, but he's much better at it than Huard is. Croyle needs to work on his decision making. That comes with experience. Experience that people on here seem to not want him to get.
    While I watched every game last year, I don't remember seeing all of the circus catches that you keep referring to. I do remember seeing Jordan Black and Kyle Turley failing to allow Damon to remain on his feet. I also remember seeing Sammie Parker drop his regular amount of easy catches. Personally, I was amazed at what Huard was able to do. Especially since Trent Green couldn't match the level of play that he was displaying.

You can belittle Huards work from last season all you want. I'm not going to try and stop you. But I'm not going to be able to believe you either.

You asked me earlier, why I was against starting Croyle. I answered that I'm not. I haven't said anything negative about him. you, on the other hand, have been bashing the guy who, no matter how much help, ranked second in QB Rating and had the highest TD/Int percentage in the entire NFL. Just curious why you are so negative about Damon Huard?

Sorry but I completely agree with Chief31 I was at 5 of the games and at no time did I see any circus catches. He was putting them (mostly) where our recievers could only grab them. I even remember a few times the announcers stating that fact about him when I would watch the NFL Replay games from last year on the NFL Network. He is after all in a preseason game and the team is trying to get their collective poop in a group so to speak so I am not concerned ....yet. But if he doesnt get blocking ( or Croyle ) He better be able to get rid of it or scramble. Im not seeing any fast feet with either of them . Pocket throwers will go down very fast on this team this year unless they decide to fix the problems they are having with the blockers. Huard has alot more experience than Croyle So I say we start him and give Brodie Reps when we have a game in order or are getting blown out. ( My opinion ) . Last year I was scared that we had to place our season in the hands of Huard when Trent got hurt. I was amazingly surprised at how fortunate we were to have him as a backup. What would last year have been if Croyle was to be the man? Not pretty I am sure. I really want Croyle to be the best quarterback in the league someday , But he cant just be thrown to the wolves against the likes of a regular season starting team. Hes not ready . I say let him play a Quarter each game and see how he progresses each game. That would be more beneficial to a rebuiling team than just handing him the reigns and see how far he gets. No offense to anyone intended , Just my opinion...Take it or leave it I still love the CHIEFS !!!!

GO CHIEFS !!!

While playing "Hermie-ball", not making mistakes is just as important to winning games as scoring itself.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I would argue that point considering how many first downs this D has given up in the preseason.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast