Thread: KC Star : Haley encouraged by Cassel, likes Croyle's progress

Default KC Star : Haley encouraged by Cassel, likes Croyle's progress

During Tuesday's news conference, Chiefs head coach Todd Haley discussed the strengths of quarterbacks Matt Cassel and Brodie Croyle.

More...

Pretty high praise for Croyle. And more "Better do the job, or else" metality. This time, about the QB position.

Yeah, I like his hard nose mentality, but think, given Cassel's injury that a little grace period for him would be in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yeah, I like his hard nose mentality, but think, given Cassel's injury that a little grace period for him would be in order.
    He does sound partial to Croyle, over Cassel here. But again, it is just some bytes, that are thrown together.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    He does sound partial to Croyle, over Cassel here. But again, it is just some bytes, that are thrown together.
    I listened to the briefing on 810 and Haley is still with Cassel. He was complimenting Croyle on his improvement from the beginning of camp til now.
    Of course he was disappointed with the loss and all the mistakes, but was more positive than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post

With hailey i am not sure how long that grace period will be. Thats the one thing i realy like from hailey he has a get it done now attitude. If Cassel goes to Philly and lays a egg then croyle might be the starter.