Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Nothing like alittle controversy

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    Location
    betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.
    Posts
    1,258
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Nothing like alittle controversy


    0 Not allowed!
    The seed were planted as Gretz put it by Haily.Haily said he wasnt afraid to pull his starting Qb if he didnt produce. He also said how he liked how Brodie managed the ravens game.
    This is the kind of things fatlock and other thrive on.And now we get to listen to these people blow up a few words.
    Cassel hasnt started that many games in the nfl so basically hes a rookie when it comes to playing time. He`s going to make mistakes. And to boot,Poili didnt go out and put talent around him.
    Just give him some time. Its no different than starting a drafted QB.
    This is my 1.5 cents worth.
    wolfpack
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I don't think it was necessarily planted by Gretz. This has been Haley's mentality as a coach... if you don't play well, you don't play, no matter how much you make or how high you were drafted. Every player seems to be on a very short chain. I think he'll give Cassel more leeway than most, but the fact still remains that Brodie has outplayed Cassel so far.

    I do hope that Cassel has a good game Sunday because despite the 2 picks, he does seem much more poised in the pocket than Brodie does and isn't afraid to take some shots deep.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    It was actually Bill Moss that got it all started and that brought on the questions to Haley. Thing i don't like is the way Haley will not back his players at all. I get the fear philosophy but what good can possibly come from having your QB constantly looking over his shoulder.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I honestly think its all getting blown out of proportion. As was said, Haley is just saying what he has said about all positions. Perform to play. I do not think he is giving anyone on the team a free pass. Including the QB. The media just has to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
    NFL players should always be looking over their shoulders, because there is always someone trying to take their place. Haley is just honest about it. As far as not backing Cassel at all. I disagree. He said he got some good things done. He just wants to reiterate to him that the bad things have to still be eliminated, or the good things do not mean much.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    This is one of the things that I do not like about Haley's approach. Yes, you bring in competition in training camp, but for a guy to be comfortable in a game, he should know that he is that guy. It is not good for him to constantly be wondering if he is going to play good enough.

    The media loves this as it plays into the whole QB controversy BS. No coach wants that crap on their team and the fact that Haley keeps pushing this on his players further proves that he has no idea what he is doing.

    Was Kurt Warner even in danger of losing his job in Arizona?


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,082
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 442

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    The seed were planted as Gretz put it by Haily.Haily said he wasnt afraid to pull his starting Qb if he didnt produce. He also said how he liked how Brodie managed the ravens game.
    This is the kind of things fatlock and other thrive on.And now we get to listen to these people blow up a few words.
    Cassel hasnt started that many games in the nfl so basically hes a rookie when it comes to playing time. He`s going to make mistakes. And to boot,Poili didnt go out and put talent around him.
    Just give him some time. Its no different than starting a drafted QB.
    This is my 1.5 cents worth.
    wolfpack
    Agreed, but then the argument will be that Croyle, unless I'm mistaken, has had even fewer starts then Cassel has.


  7. #7
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed, but then the argument will be that Croyle, unless I'm mistaken, has had even fewer starts then Cassel has.
    yep Croyle's started 11 now I think, and Cassel 16.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    This is one of the things that I do not like about Haley's approach. Yes, you bring in competition in training camp, but for a guy to be comfortable in a game, he should know that he is that guy. It is not good for him to constantly be wondering if he is going to play good enough.

    The media loves this as it plays into the whole QB controversy BS. No coach wants that crap on their team and the fact that Haley keeps pushing this on his players further proves that he has no idea what he is doing.

    Was Kurt Warner even in danger of losing his job in Arizona?
    Warner didn't even have a starting job going into last season, and ended up winning it in training camp. From that point on he wasn't in danger, in large part because he played great all season.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    yep Croyle's started 11 now I think, and Cassel 16.
    Croyle started 8 and has played in 13 total

    Brodie Croyle, #12, Quarterback, Kansas City Chiefs

    Cassel started 15 and has played in 30

    Matt Cassel, #7, Quarterback, Kansas City Chiefs


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Croyle started 8 and has played in 13 total

    Brodie Croyle, #12, Quarterback, Kansas City Chiefs

    Cassel started 15 and has played in 30

    Matt Cassel, #7, Quarterback, Kansas City Chiefs
    ah you're right... for some reason I thought I saw a graphic in the Ravens game that said he was 0-10 at the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. QB Controversy - Cassell or Thigpen
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 02:59 PM
  2. Tiger Woods Controversy
    By sling58 in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 12:27 PM
  3. Jets vs. Browns controversy
    By chief31 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 02:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •