Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hold On a Minute! The Chiefs Have A Bigger Chance Than You Think!

Default Hold On a Minute! The Chiefs Have A Bigger Chance Than You Think!

Listen guys, I dont like to read through a multiple paragragh post anymore than the rest of you, but if you give me a chance, I think that I can put some perspective on the season with some positive reasons why this can still become a very good year.

Im not nieve enough to expect an 11-5 season at this point, but I truely believe that we can STILL put together a run, especially in this division.

Why did I pick 11-5 as my point of conversation? You guessed it, the 2008 Miami Dolphins. The year before, that team went 1-15 and was expected to be as bad as the Chiefs are expected to be this year. If you think that this story is irrelevant now, YOUR DEAD WRONG!

The Miami Dolphins were also taken over by a star GM, who picked one of his understudies as the head coach. That team DID NOT add superstars in the off season and actually traded the face of the orginization in Jason Taylor. In this case, Todd Haley is the Bill Parcells understudy and Tony Gonzales is the fallen star.

That is just the tip of the iceberg folks. The 2008 Miami Dolphins started off much worse than the 2009 Chiefs have. In week one they lost to the New York Jets 14-20 before getting blowin' out by the Cardinals 10-31 in week 2. Thats right guys, 0-2, just like the Chiefs. Considering that the Dolphins entered the 4th quarter of the Jets game 20-7, you could easily say that they had no chance in either of these games and that the Chiefs have played step for step with their opponent for every quarter in 2009.

Now we get to the meat and potatoes! WEEK 3. Miami goes to New England and Tom Brady is injured. They are preparing for the up and coming backup in Matt Cassell. They come away with a huge win 38-13. Pretty similar to the 2009 Chiefs going to Philadelphia to face Donovan Mcnabb's, not-so up and coming backup, in Kevin Kolb. The Vick threat is obviously the difference here, but that is a pretty big question mark right now and I believe that we wont see Vick more than 5 times.

Without dragging this on week by week, the Dolphins lost the next two out of three games, including a blowout, to a much more inferior Ravens squad than the Chiefs played 2 weeks ago. Thats right, the 2008 AFC East champs were 2-4 at one point.

Obviously, they went 9-1 after that. That team learned how to play together and were prepared by their coaches week in and week out. They were always the highest conditioned team on the field, as the Chiefs are proclaimed to be this year.

Another comparable point is that the Chiefs schedule gets much easier after week 6. The combination of previous stiff competiton (the entire NFC east) and the fact that this team will have grown together, gives us a big advantage as the season goes on. Will we go 9-1? probably not, but we will win more games than many of you think we will.

Last but not least, the notion that Haley is too hard on his players and lacks communication skills is kinda funny. A town that for so long said we needed fire, discipline and leadership is now questioning that after 2 weeks. Listen.. Its OK for Mike Singeltary to drop his pants at halftime, send a player to the locker room DURING A GAME, and scream at the media like a drunken fan, but its not OK for Todd Haley to rip his players on the sideline? Nobody said Mike Ditka was too hard. Nobody EVER said Parcells was too hard and from my understanding, Haley is nothing compared to his tutor. It needs to be understood that Haley is molding a team with no direction right now. Like most coaches, he will calm down once he has the understanding and team chemistry that he wants. Right now, they are NOT on the same page as him, but eventually they will be.

The 2009 Kansas City Chiefs 7-9. Thats still my pick. What do you think?

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Listen guys, I dont like to read through a multiple paragragh post anymore than the rest of you, but if you give me a chance, I think that I can put some perspective on the season with some positive reasons why this can still become a very good year.

Im not nieve enough to expect an 11-5 season at this point, but I truely believe that we can STILL put together a run, especially in this division.

Why did I pick 11-5 as my point of conversation? You guessed it, the 2008 Miami Dolphins. The year before, that team went 1-15 and was expected to be as bad as the Chiefs are expected to be this year. If you think that this story is irrelevant now, YOUR DEAD WRONG!

The Miami Dolphins were also taken over by a star GM, who picked one of his understudies as the head coach. That team DID NOT add superstars in the off season and actually traded the face of the orginization in Jason Taylor. In this case, Todd Haley is the Bill Parcells understudy and Tony Gonzales is the fallen star.

That is just the tip of the iceberg folks. The 2008 Miami Dolphins started off much worse than the 2009 Chiefs have. In week one they lost to the New York Jets 14-20 before getting blowin' out by the Cardinals 10-31 in week 2. Thats right guys, 0-2, just like the Chiefs. Considering that the Dolphins entered the 4th quarter of the Jets game 20-7, you could easily say that they had no chance in either of these games and that the Chiefs have played step for step with their opponent for every quarter in 2009.

Now we get to the meat and potatoes! WEEK 3. Miami goes to New England and Tom Brady is injured. They are preparing for the up and coming backup in Matt Cassell. They come away with a huge win 38-13. Pretty similar to the 2009 Chiefs going to Philadelphia to face Donovan Mcnabb's, not-so up and coming backup, in Kevin Kolb. The Vick threat is obviously the difference here, but that is a pretty big question mark right now and I believe that we wont see Vick more than 5 times.

Without dragging this on week by week, the Dolphins lost the next two out of three games, including a blowout, to a much more inferior Ravens squad than the Chiefs played 2 weeks ago. Thats right, the 2008 AFC East champs were 2-4 at one point.

Obviously, they went 9-1 after that. That team learned how to play together and were prepared by their coaches week in and week out. They were always the highest conditioned team on the field, as the Chiefs are proclaimed to be this year.

Another comparable point is that the Chiefs schedule gets much easier after week 6. The combination of previous stiff competiton (the entire NFC east) and the fact that this team will have grown together, gives us a big advantage as the season goes on. Will we go 9-1? probably not, but we will win more games than many of you think we will.

Last but not least, the notion that Haley is too hard on his players and lacks communication skills is kinda funny. A town that for so long said we needed fire, discipline and leadership is now questioning that after 2 weeks. Listen.. Its OK for Mike Singeltary to drop his pants at halftime, send a player to the locker room DURING A GAME, and scream at the media like a drunken fan, but its not OK for Todd Haley to rip his players on the sideline? Nobody said Mike Ditka was too hard. Nobody EVER said Parcells was too hard and from my understanding, Haley is nothing compared to his tutor. It needs to be understood that Haley is molding a team with no direction right now. Like most coaches, he will calm down once he has the understanding and team chemistry that he wants. Right now, they are NOT on the same page as him, but eventually they will be.

The 2009 Kansas City Chiefs 7-9. Thats still my pick. What do you think?
    and then you woke up
    HAHAHA
    Remember in '06 when KC was a respectable team and my Birdz came in and gave your team a 24-6 handicap only to comeback smash your team and make the red sea part. I love watching that game on NFL NETWORK HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by mad555 View Post
    and then you woke up
    HAHAHA
    thanks for taking the time to create an account to say that.

The Chiefs Don't have the Chad and good running backs like Miami does...

Pennington is a far better quarterback than all of our quarterbacks put together. When I watched him Monday night I thought I was watching the two best quarterbacks in football. Which brings me to my next point. Pennington was hurt for years before he got a solid year in Miami. Brodie is the way to go.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your visionary BD Tek! Great writing too!

I share your positive attitude & hope for our Chiefs!

I'm always bummed after a loss, more horribly so when it's an unexcusable miserable loss like against the Raiders. However, by Tuesday I'm fired up with being positive once again, regardless of pros & cons facing any opponent...I go into it with a winning attitude. What else can a diehard Chiefs fan really do? haha

When on bottom there's no place left to go but up!! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

and then you woke up
    HAHAHA
    You=douche

The Chiefs need a new war bonnet, so it's time to pluck feathers. A naked eagle looks and tastes a lot like chicken! Agree with your post Big Daddy Tek!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Hopefully this is a week to remember. We have a heck of a schedule in front of us, but after this line of fire, I think that we will be in prime condition for some victories. We really need to steal 2 of our next 4. It appears that we are better than the Chiefs team that left the field in week 16 last year. The key is getting better as the season goes on.

As far as the Eagles fan that stopped by for a quick display of diahrea mouth...... I hope your team feels the same way, because our guys will play hard for 60 minutes pal.

Hey Coach, this is a good example of why we should have a 24 hour hold on posts after membership is excepted. Anyway, Go Chiefs!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    You=douche
    your team+your coach = PATHETIC HAHAHA
    Remember in '06 when KC was a respectable team and my Birdz came in and gave your team a 24-6 handicap only to comeback smash your team and make the red sea part. I love watching that game on NFL NETWORK HAHAHA

your team+your coach = PATHETIC HAHAHA
    What?...still can't hear you....busy polishing the SB trophy!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

hey mad555, shut the **** up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast