Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have problems.

Default I have problems.

I think I have some type of anti social problem. I don't care to talk to people I don't know, its almost like I am afraid to. I feel like I have nothing to say to anyone I don't know.

If someone starts talking to me I am fine, I can talk back. And at work when I am forced to talk to a customer its not so bad.

It makes it really hard to have freinds.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I think I have some type of anti social problem. I don't care to talk to people I don't know, its almost like I am afraid to. I feel like I have nothing to say to anyone I don't know.

If someone starts talking to me I am fine, I can talk back. And at work when I am forced to talk to a customer its not so bad.

Same problems here so dont feel to bad.

I'm not sure how to respond, cuz I'm not sure if you all are F-ing with us??
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfreak4life View Post
    I'm not sure how to respond, cuz I'm not sure if you all are F-ing with us??
    Nah, I am serious.

I just realized this today.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

If this is you're biggest problem you're ok. Everyone has anti-social tendencies, I know I do. Don't let it get in the way of friendship though. If you have to just talk to people even if it makes you uneasy. The more you do it the easier it gets. At one time in my life I hated to talk to people I didn't know, but now it's easy. There are still times I don't say anything to anyone unless spoken to first, but its all good.

I actually used to be like you. After my first son passed away, i developed a big anxiety disorder and had troubles talking to anyone. After a few years went by, i eventually MADE myself talk to people, and i actually just went out of my way to say hi to everyone at work, and generally be pleasant towards everyone.

Best decision i made, by regaining my personality back and socializing, it has helped me leap up the career ladder, and has let me meet and become friends with many different people.

My suggestion to you Honda, push the fear and anxiety away from you, and open yourself up to dialogue with people. You have nothing to fear except fear itself.

i wish you luck, but i know if i could conquer this, so can you.

I think you need to find topics to talk with people that you enjoy and feel comfortable about. Basically ice breakers to start conversations. Sports, Movies, books, music. I can talk people's ears off, if I have simular interests. I have problems sometimes actually making eye contact and smiling at new persons, which makes me seem dis-interested, but really a throwback to my shyer days. At work, I am pretty outgoing, but because I feel comfortable in my surroundings.

Keep your chin up and keep trying. Start small. One thing that does help me, is not worrying about if they other person likes me or not, I like myself, so it makes me confident.
    I don't know your age, but I do think as you get older, it becomes easier to talk to strangers, because as you get older, you usually become more comfortable with yourself and more confident in yourself.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Have a couple of beers and talk to people about the Chiefs. I mostly talk football with people cause its an easy topic to talk about. Similar interests with people make it easier to get along. So do the beers!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfreak4life View Post
    I think you need to find topics to talk with people that you enjoy and feel comfortable about. Basically ice breakers to start conversations. Sports, Movies, books, music. I can talk people's ears off, if I have simular interests. I have problems sometimes actually making eye contact and smiling at new persons, which makes me seem dis-interested, but really a throwback to my shyer days. At work, I am pretty outgoing, but because I feel comfortable in my surroundings.

Keep your chin up and keep trying. Start small. One thing that does help me, is not worrying about if they other person likes me or not, I like myself, so it makes me confident.
    I don't know your age, but I do think as you get older, it becomes easier to talk to strangers, because as you get older, you usually become more comfortable with yourself and more confident in yourself.

Here is where the problem really is, I have no reason to talk to anyone around me. I don't like smokers, I don't talk about rap, I don't have any reason to talk about piercings or tattoos.

No reasons to talk to the people who surround me, execpt at my work, which I forgot to mention I do talk to them, mainly cause I am forced to and it has helped.

I guess I am not surrounded by the right people

Here is where the problem really is, I have no reason to talk to anyone around me. I don't like smokers, I don't talk about rap, I don't have any reason to talk about piercings or tattoos.

No reasons to talk to the people who surround me, execpt at my work, which I forgot to mention I do talk to them, mainly cause I am forced to and it has helped.

I guess I am not surrounded by the right people
    Maybe your just too judgmental Honda. Regardless of peoples taste in music, tobacco consumption, and everything else, under all of that lies the true person and you should get to know them.

I think its plain silly to not want to talk to someone because you have different tastes. I think diversity is a great thing, and should be encouraged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast