Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Crowd

Default Farewell Crowd

Just want to say I think this may be my last post here.

I've felt rejection all my life from people and thus have long struggled with feeling inferior. Always been single, always been a lonely guy. Felt rejected everywhere including churches. I've gone long periods of time not attending church (including the present times) because of feeling not wanted and accepted.

So it feels like the case here at the Crowd too. I try to reach out and enjoy posting and fun times with everyone here. But the high majority of the time most people here just don't respond to anything I say (whereas they constantly respond to everything others say).

Where it really hurt was when I announced I got tickets for the Chiefs Eagles game. I was so glad to share the news with fellow Chiefs fans here and asked for high fives. But only 3 people replied. It hit home that I guess I just don't fit in online either. Just probably not cool enough of a person in people's eyes. So I had another period of not posting here for a while.

Then when I took that walk on Friday with my Chiefs gear and got all those comments from Eagles fans in my area, I thought oh I gotta share that with the Chiefs Crowd. Plus it was only 2 days before the game and I of course keep getting increasingly excited about that. So I been posting here the last couple days as we approach game time. (I'll be entering the stadium in less than 6 hours now. So exciting).

But I still continue to get little or no response to the things I say. And especially from the regular posters here which is all the more puzzling. I would have thought people would have thought it was cool I am going to a Chiefs game.

I plan to take lots of pics at the game. But am afraid if I share them here only 3 people at the most will acknowledge them (whereas if it was many other people's pics there'd be an avalanche of "Great pics!" and other replies). It just hurts too much.

I love that there's a forum like this for Chiefs fans. It's been especially meaningful for a fan like me who lives a long way from Kansas City and hasn't had much fellow Chiefs fans to talk with. But if the reality is I'm just not wanted then I have to accept it, painful as it is.

Well just explaining what's going on. No bitterness intended. And I'm still gonna be just as excited and ecstatic at the game today and rootin' for our Chiefs are heartily as all of you. So enjoy the game today. May we get our first win and beat the Eagles!

Take care.

Bike take a ride, Mcloving get over your self, Tammy I want a Styrofoam cooler full of beer, chief31 yep your correct, DH, starting to abreiveat here because of 12 oz curls are catching up, what was I talking about, never mind! Chief's Rule this house and ILOVETHECHIEFS, Is a fan of the GREATEST NFL TEAM THERE IS. So there for a friend of mine. And snake is really kinda creapy, don't you think? It those eyes!

Last edited by tornadospotter; 09-28-2009 at 01:01 AM.

Thank you Sn@keIze and tornadospotter (and again all of you who posted earlier). I'm glad my passion as a Chiefs fan shows that clearly. :)

This morning at work I got slammed by Eagles fans (as expected) razzing me with the typical, "Hey, how did Kansas City do yesterday, hahaha". And a couple guys said, "I can't believe you wore that Chiefs hat today." I said, "Well you see, I'm a true fan. I support them regardless of the outcome."

They may be gloating now, but they can see a real dedicated fan.

Yes we Chiefs fans are a great family! And support the greatest football team in the UNIVERSE!

Tornado can get a Styrofoam cooler full of beer when he can spell my name correctly! LOL! Plus, I thought you said that was not your cooler....

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Nobody responds to my posts either. So I just usually respond to them myself. But after re-reading my original post, I realize it was stupid and then kick myself for responding.
    But in all seriousness, I sincerely hope you stick around as I do enjoy reading your posts.
    Shut up.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

No one response to any of my posts either; I'm leaving!

...I'm back again!

Seriously though, just stick around and you'll get the replies you want sooner or later. :)
    Last edited by Chiefster; 09-29-2009 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Hmmm not really sure what to say here, but I do know that i enjoy your posts. Sure i may not reply all the time, but i enjoy reading them none the less.
    Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Thank you Sn@keIze and tornadospotter (and again all of you who posted earlier). I'm glad my passion as a Chiefs fan shows that clearly. :)

This morning at work I got slammed by Eagles fans (as expected) razzing me with the typical, "Hey, how did Kansas City do yesterday, hahaha". And a couple guys said, "I can't believe you wore that Chiefs hat today." I said, "Well you see, I'm a true fan. I support them regardless of the outcome."

They may be gloating now, but they can see a real dedicated fan.

Yes we Chiefs fans are a great family! And support the greatest football team in the UNIVERSE!
    Best post today! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    No one response to any of my posts either; I'm leaving!
    What? I didn't read your last post...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...I'm back again!

Seriously though, just stick around and you'll get the replies you want sooner or later. :)
    You'll get the one's hat you don't want to.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast