Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: positives lol

Default positives lol

there are none from this game.i am not here to bash but losing 25 out of 27 is a freaking joke.then to hear rumors about our best player to possibly be traded almost laughable.hopefully this is rock bottom and evreything will be on its way up

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Yes- imagine if he'd gotten all of LJ's touches as well. I'm not an LJ hater, but perhaps it's time to consider Mr. Charles for the start.
    I agree with this post. If we don't start Charles, we might be looking at 0-16. We have to establish a damned running game and Larry Johnson has put the cement cleats back on. He tricked me last week and got me to cheer alittle for him but i think you would have a better chance of sighting a Sasquatch than an old LJ sighting....
    The fork needs to be put back in this guy. He is done.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Who are we drafting next year???????????
    And with the first pick in the 2010 Draft the KC Chiefs pick....

Hopefully O-Line although I would be so for trading away to get two or three good 0-Line instead of one potential stud O-Line.

I think our first rounder (no matter where we pick in the draft) has to be an O-lineman.

EDIT- but then, having said that... watch them draft a DT

3 games in and we're talking about the draft. Not good.
    SHUT IT

We should have drafted OL with every pick in the last draft.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    yeah i did watch the game leading rusher and reciever not saying much. if you you took anything out of that game to be proud of. you are blind the offense sucked the defense sucked. what are you defending. charles was mediocre bottom line. the whole team in general was below average. duh maybe you should watch the game again
    Ok. MOST of the team looked terrible. But Charles did some pretty good things.

Having said that.... Most of it came when running the ball, trailing by alot. They were giving us the run, to a degree.

So I wouldn't get too high on those numbers.

But I definitely like the guy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    And with the first pick in the 2010 Draft the KC Chiefs pick....

Hopefully O-Line although I would be so for trading away to get two or three good 0-Line instead of one potential stud O-Line.
    I'd take the one, with a high probability to be a quality starter for years.

But then, I'd still take another in the second round, too.

Watched the game with a buddy who's a TB Bucs fan and they only had 5 first downs and 86 yards of total offense so at least we weren't the worst team playing today

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    there are none from this game.i am not here to bash but losing 25 out of 27 is a freaking joke.then to hear rumors about our best player to possibly be traded almost laughable.hopefully this is rock bottom and evreything will be on its way up
    Postives... Cassell didn't make stupid mistakes. He did play smart. Philly is a sacking, pressure, ball hawking team. He was 14 for 18 with 2 TD's and no INT... With that offensive line, and lack of receives. I thought that was good.

I think Haley was able to evaluate many players a little closer against a good team. Jamaal Charles had more fire in his runs. As the game went on, so did LJ. I think LJ may the next to get the Dbow, Dj treatment.

The evaluation helped diagnose bigger areas of concern. This is the second bad week for Albert. I am starting to think LT is a priority with him either moving to Guard or RT.

And of course our punter was a positive once again. 9 punts all with good distance and hang time, forcing Philly to either signal for fair catches, or to get little in return yardage. But of course it's a negative that he had to punt 9 times in the first place. Ten really, but one was a fake punt.

And we held Philly to a 3 and out on their first drive. And when Philly went for it on 4th and 1 we stopped em. They foolishly tried to throw for the first down, but still, we held em.

And yeah Cassel having no Interceptions. And only one turnover in the game, which in my opinion was questionable if the ground caused that fumble.

Then that trick play from Cassel to Bradley to Charles.

And the fake punt that worked.

And our first td was a nice pass and catch by Cassel and Bradley. The Eagle covering Bradley was right on him.

And we got sacked 3 times which I think is a minor positive considering the defense we faced and considering our shaky oline.

And yeah Charles 6 for 36 on the ground is at least a minor positive.

Problem is the negatives were much more and much bigger. 0-11 on 3rd down conversions. (Oh but converting on that 4th down was a positive, yes). 90 total passing yards from Cassel. No sacks from our defense (I think Vrabel did get one right, that was negated by a penalty?). And on and on.

But yeah, can still find a few positives here and there. The biggest disappointment to me overall was Haley making Cassel hand off so much in the second half, throw short passes, and constantly bringing in Colquitt on 4th downs despite losing by 3 or 4 scores.

Haley says he wasn't playing conservative nor was he waving the white flag but rather just trying to find their identity. I don't know about that.
    Last edited by IlovetheChiefs; 09-28-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Who are we drafting next year???????????
    Do you think the NFL will feel sorry for us and give us 22 daft choices? I changed my profile pic trying to change our luck. If that doesn't work I'm putting on my DT jersey and putting a bag over my head for a profile pic. lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast