Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think it's pretty obvious now

Default I think it's pretty obvious now

If you can't tell after this one, then you're completely blind to the truth. This is a BAAAAAD team, offense, defense, everything. What's even worse is that Haley's playcalling is awful!

First I'll start with the offense. No blocking at all, no holes for LJ, but LJ himself has no burst, so he's not doing himself any favors. If Cassel, on rare occasions, actually gets time to throw, he IS a good and accurate QB, he just never gets time.

My biggest beef with the offense, at least today, was the playcalling. We were down by double digits almost the whole game and we hardly EVER threw the ball on 1st down. We even ran it three times in a row once! I thought Haley was supposed to be aggressive? What a joke.

Now for the defense. Our zone defense is awful. The slot receiver is always open, and usually for huge yardage. I do think our run defense has improved, but it doesn't matter because our coverage in the middle is awful. What's worse is we can't pick off a pass to save our lives! Of course, there are the obvious things like no pass rush and penalties, but all in all, this is a horrible team. We might win 3 games if we're lucky.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Not disagreeing here, but what also facilitated a number of Cassel's passing problems is that he has a tendency to hang on to the ball much too long and yesterday was no different; that along with receivers inability to get open did not bode well for the passing game. JMHO
    Warner holds on to the ball longer than anyone in the NFL and he's a HOF'r. It's about having the smarts to deal with the situation IMO however when your O line collapses EVERY SINGLE SNAP.......I think anyone would be a bit gun shy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Warner holds on to the ball longer than anyone in the NFL and he's a HOF'r. It's about having the smarts to deal with the situation IMO however when your O line collapses EVERY SINGLE SNAP.......I think anyone would be a bit gun shy!!!
    Well he's not one yet, but I agree with the asessment of the "O" line.

I think Haley started calling runs, for three purposes.

A. you and I knew the game was over.... So did he. The defensive line was killing our offensive so line bad, Cassel was getting hit after his three step drop..Haley was calling runs to preserve Cassel.

B. He was calling run to work on things, and try out new plays. He turned it into a real life practice.

C. He just wanted to ge the game over, as did I.... Keep the game clock going.

the offensive line is just horrible. I thought Haley was creative. The lateral pass to Bradley to Charles. The reverse. Some of the run plays that were called back because of holds. There was good play calling. Just very poor execusion.

Yes the Chiefs are getting lit up right now but did anyone really expect anything different from a 2-14 team that has this kind of first half schedule?

The record of the teams they've played is 6-3. On the 3 loss side of the 6-3, two of them are to 3-0 teams (Denver and New Orleans) and the other is to San Diego. We're going to get tee'd off on for the next 5 games too. I'm hoping to be 2-5 at the bye week but more than likely we'll be 1-6. We do play the Redskins after all...

I'm waiting for the second half of the season where Haley will have had some time to get players up to speed. They'll have some playing time together and we'll have a schedule that will be more realistic instead of looking like a schedule of the playoff teams this year. If they go 5-11 this year I'd be happy, we cut half of the team, we'll have good draft position and we'll know a lot more what we have for talent in the Haley scheme than when we started the year. Oh yeah and we still won't have Herm and Peterson riding this train into the ground.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by OPLookn; 09-28-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Well he's not one yet, but I agree with the asessment of the "O" line.
    Rest assured he will be a first ballot HOF'r!!
    Last edited by chief31; 09-29-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Just fixing the quote. It didn't quite quote like intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

A. you and I knew the game was over.... So did he. The defensive line was killing our offensive so line bad, Cassel was getting hit after his three step drop..Haley was calling runs to preserve Cassel.

B. He was calling run to work on things, and try out new plays. He turned it into a real life practice.

the offensive line is just horrible. I thought Haley was creative. The lateral pass to Bradley to Charles. The reverse. Some of the run plays that were called back because of holds. There was good play calling. Just very poor execusion.
    Good post!

Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

On point!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    is it me or do we need a different kick off/punt return guy. its always run right up the middle.
    Yeah I've been disappointed in this area ever since we lost Dante Hall. Game after game it's always returns for 0-10 yards only. It's so frequent that I expect it to happen now. So sure enough, every single time the Eagles kicked to us we had neglible return yardage.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    What I think is, that we had a Chiefs team today show up expecting defeat, including coaches, so gave up before the game began, more or less. That's what it looked like to me. :(
    I can see how you'd think that. I do think they came into the game expecting htey could win though. I think they had to be encouraged by a 9 point line that became 7 by yesterday. And knowing Philly had been routed 48-22 last week. And without McNabb, Westbrook, and Curtis. Kolb threw 3 INTs last week. I think they had some hope in the beginning that Kolb could throw some more pics again. And when they had that one nice drive that had the touchdown (after 3 punts) they had the score at 14-7. So at least for a brief period there they must have been encouraged that they were back in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dad005 View Post
    I don't think there is a team in the NFL we can beat right now.
    Remember we dominated the Faders last week and had em' 10-6 late in the game. And had Baltimore even at 24-24 late in the game IN Baltimore. I know those were still losses but we clearly COULD have won those. Yes, it was ugly yesterday. But it's one game. Just like Philly had an ugly game the prior week. And I most certainly think we can beat the Browns and Rams for goodness sake! And the Lions! (Just because they beat the deadskins at Detroit by 5 points is no reason to now say they would be a definite loss for us). We only play the Browns of those 3, but you said any team in the NFL so I'm just saying. And there are others too. Tampa Bay looks absolutely horrid this year. Leftwich at QB? No running backs. That team has taken a free fall. Watch for Philly to possibly beat them by a bigger margin in 2 weeks than they did us.

Yesterday was a big setback and our schedule the next few weeks is not encouraging. But we've got some new players and a new coach. It's not determined yet how our quality of play will be later in the season. Sure, after yesterday you have to be concerned that we may be in for another record like the past 2 years. I just don't think it's out of the question we do achieve more though.
    Last edited by chief31; 09-29-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Just fixing a quote again.

I thought we would we only 3 last year, and was wrong. This year I was thinking 5 or 6. WTF do I know. It's just going to take a long time to fill the roster with players. We're starting most guys that might be a back up on other teams. However, we do get to play cleveland and the lions, so there's hope for 2 games.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I can see how you'd think that. I do think they came into the game expecting htey could win though. I think they had to be encouraged by a 9 point line that became 7 by yesterday. And knowing Philly had been routed 48-22 last week. And without McNabb, Westbrook, and Curtis. Kolb threw 3 INTs last week. I think they had some hope in the beginning that Kolb could throw some more pics again. And when they had that one nice drive that had the touchdown (after 3 punts) they had the score at 14-7. So at least for a brief period there they must have been encouraged that they were back in the game.
    I agree, there may have been some thought early in the game of playing to win. They sure lost it after that drive though, more or less.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast