Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley's Play Calling---

Default Todd Haley's Play Calling---

PATHETIC!?

Running it constantly on 3rd and long? Losing the whole game and taking ZERO shots deep?

He deactivated Charles last week for no reason at all and boy did Jamaal make him (Haley) look stupid today even with his limited touches.

I think it's pretty obvious after 3 games that Haley has bit off way more than he can chew in naming himself Head Coach/Off. Coordinator/QB's/"Offensive Wizard"...yank yank.

Discuss...

They still managed to penetrate our line several times when we were in a singleback, 2 TE formation (BIG I).. So more blockers doesn't always help.
    Some of those run plays you scold, were actually very good runs (Jamaal Charles), but were taken back because of stupid penalties..
    I do agree though, that we should have thrown the ball more. But our recievers didn't get open much, despite being covered man on man alot.
    I had hoped we came out plaing dink n' dunk from shotgun in the second half tbh..
    Cassel played pretty good under really bad terms..

They brought in a couple of guys from Miami to try to help. It has not worked out so far but still a little early to say that was a bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    They still managed to penetrate our line several times when we were in a singleback, 2 TE formation (BIG I).. So more blockers doesn't always help.
    Some of those run plays you scold, were actually very good runs (Jamaal Charles), but were taken back because of stupid penalties..
    I do agree though, that we should have thrown the ball more. But our recievers didn't get open much, despite being covered man on man alot.
    I had hoped we came out plaing dink n' dunk from shotgun in the second half tbh..
    Cassel played pretty good under really bad terms..
    don't get me wrong, i thought that charles had some very nice runs, with 3 of them getting taken back due to penalties. I think he did a pretty good job with the line he had to work with!

But, do I think handing it to him on 3rd and 10+ is the best play call, regardless of much time in the pocket we have or don't have? No, I don't think that is a very good call.

I was impressed with Charles and have always been a fan of him, and was very confused/angry last week when he was made inactive for no good reason.

I didn't get to catch much, but I thought i was pathetic. How the hell can the OL be that bad?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

I think Todd wanted to throw but everyone could see there was more eagles on our side of the ball than chiefs. Not only would have Cassel been put out for the year but so would have Brodie.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

God D*mn, this team is pathetic....

We should have gone shotgun and atleast tried it out.. But I doubt it would have helped..

We made 10 penalties for 90 yards!!! 10!!

I am not a coach, but I think running on 3rd and 25 was a decent call. And I also think passing on 3rd and 1 was a decent call. It's called trying to keep the d-fence guessing, it just didn't work well today. If you always run in short yardage and pass in 3rd and long situations you will never win a game. Let's remember this is only the THIRD GAME in the Pioli/Haley regime, and stop acting they are the worst GM/Coach tandem in the history of football. That distinction, I think belongs to someone else in the GREAT history of the this team

Quote Originally Posted by rustfan76 View Post
    I am not a coach, but I think running on 3rd and 25 was a decent call. And I also think passing on 3rd and 1 was a decent call. It's called trying to keep the d-fence guessing, it just didn't work well today. If you always run in short yardage and pass in 3rd and long situations you will never win a game. Let's remember this is only the THIRD GAME in the Pioli/Haley regime, and stop acting they are the worst GM/Coach tandem in the history of football. That distinction, I think belongs to someone else in the GREAT history of the this team
    Hear hear!!

Haley needs to improve, but Herm had 3 years before he got canned, atleast give haley some time too.

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    Hear hear!!

Haley needs to improve, but Herm had 3 years before he got canned, atleast give haley some time too.
    100% agree. Its far to early for all the bashing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast