Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Lay an egg in Philly

Default Chiefs Lay an egg in Philly

After a week in witch the chiefs lost a game despite domnateing the game there was hope that the Chiefs would be able to compete against the Eagles. That was not the case. The Chiefs did NOT come into this game ready to play at all. That can and I will put that on Chiefs head coach Todd Hailey. That being said I do want to say a few things as i no what is comeing from many fans.

First the playcalling. Bottom line It realy does not matter what play is called if the O line plays like it did today. Weather it was a run or a pass the O line at times seemed like it was not even there. As for the 2nd half I think that Hailey at that point was just trying to live to play anther day. Yes the chiefs settled for many short passes on plays that they needed alot. But does anyone actuly think that the O line could have held up enough to allow the recivers to get down field I dont. In the NFL if you can not run the ball it makes it hard to throw the ball and if you cant throw the ball its hard to run the ball. With the chiefs O line they can do neither. Matt Cassle is not the problem right now either. He did not turn the ball over. He cant outrun the entire front line of any defense. This is a TEAM problem. Not one person or one coach.

On defense the chiefs had a thing that haunted them a year ago MISSED TACKLES. On the long TD pass there was a missed tackle. The Chiefs have got to learn to tackle better. This is still a VERY young team and they are still learning. That being said The Defense clearly took a large step back in this game.

The Chiefs are an 0-3 football team and after the preformace they gave in Philly they have a lot of sole searching to do. But to Blame this loss on Todd Hailey alone is a big time mistake. This is deeper then that. This goes back to the managment that Chiefs were under the past few years. This goes to the players on the field. This is a team that needs to look in the mirror and decide if they are ready to quit for the year or not. I tried to find one thing that The chiefs could take away from this game as a postive and the only thing i could think of is that After fumbling the ball LJ did not toatly quit. Thats not much but its all i could find. This is a LARGE setback for the Kansas City Chiefs. One that as a fan hurts big time. Next week we will see what this team has. This one is going to be hard to bounce back from.

I'm not blaming it solely on Haley, the Eagles are much better than the Chiefs. I'm just mad about how he literally gave up in the 2nd half. If I were playing for him at that time, my respect for him would be out the window.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I liked everything you said but when you said the bit about the defense of the young chiefs having something that haunted them a year ago - missed tackles.

What the chiefs need is to want to win. They have to want to make those tackles. They aren't being very secure in what the team can do so they can either win over a bunch of guys who never worked out ever or they are going to lose and that is what those players see in the team.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

I agree with pretty much everything you said aswell. I think it's hard for hailey to open up the play book. Hailey conceded defeat which i don't know if i'm ok with but what else was he going to do? He couldn't pass, we couldn't run, if we did anything at all it was called back with a penalty. Might as well just concede defeat and keep everyone healthy for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I'm not blaming it solely on Haley, the Eagles are much better than the Chiefs. I'm just mad about how he literally gave up in the 2nd half. If I were playing for him at that time, my respect for him would be out the window.
    Like I said sometimes its better to live to fight anther day. What good would it have done the chiefs to have him trying to throw the ball down the field with the way the eagles ran through the O line. Theres nothing Good that could come out of this game. It would even be worse if the Chiefs had a qb or 2 on the IR.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    After a week in witch the chiefs lost a game despite domnateing the game there was hope that the Chiefs would be able to compete against the Eagles. That was not the case. The Chiefs did NOT come into this game ready to play at all. That can and I will put that on Chiefs head coach Todd Hailey. That being said I do want to say a few things as i no what is comeing from many fans.

First the playcalling. Bottom line It realy does not matter what play is called if the O line plays like it did today. Weather it was a run or a pass the O line at times seemed like it was not even there. As for the 2nd half I think that Hailey at that point was just trying to live to play anther day. Yes the chiefs settled for many short passes on plays that they needed alot. But does anyone actuly think that the O line could have held up enough to allow the recivers to get down field I dont. In the NFL if you can not run the ball it makes it hard to throw the ball and if you cant throw the ball its hard to run the ball. With the chiefs O line they can do neither. Matt Cassle is not the problem right now either. He did not turn the ball over. He cant outrun the entire front line of any defense. This is a TEAM problem. Not one person or one coach.
    We had time in the off season to fix it, every fan of this team seemed smarter than those who are running this team, it was clear to anyone who watched this team last year that we needed work on the O-Line. These guys did nothing to build the line this year except go out and get a couple more marginal players to fill in for the marginal players we already had.

On defense the chiefs had a hing that haunted them a year ago MISSED TACKLES. On the long TD pass there was a missed tackle. The Chiefs have got to learn to tackle better. This is still a VERY young team and they are still learning. That being said The Defense clearly took a large step back in this game.
    I thought we fixed this problem when we released Pollard outright? Where was Brown all game as Philly was completing pass after pass to the tight end over the middle?

The Chiefs are an 0-3 football team and after the preformace they gave in Philly they have a lot of sole searching to do. But to Blame this loss on Todd Hailey alone is a big time mistake. This is deeper then that. This goes back to the managment that Chiefs were under the past few years. This goes to the players on the field. This is a team that needs to look in the mirror and decide if they are ready to quit for the year or not. I tried to find one thing that The chiefs could take away from this game as a postive and the only thing i could think of is that After fumbling the ball LJ did not toatly quit. Thats not much but its all i could find. This is a LARGE setback for the Kansas City Chiefs. One that as a fan hurts big time. Next week we will see what this team has. This one is going to be hard to bounce back from.
    Over half the players that were hear the last couple years are gone. We don't have that many left. Yeah some are here that are not starting, but go through the list of starters and see how many are Edwards/Peterson players?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Our zone coverage over the middle has been suspect since preseason. Our LBs can't cover, so it's gonna keep being exploited.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    We had time in the off season to fix it, every fan of this team seemed smarter than those who are running this team, it was clear to anyone who watched this team last year that we needed work on the O-Line. These guys did nothing to build the line this year except go out and get a couple more marginal players to fill in for the marginal players we already had.

I thought we fixed this problem when we released Pollard outright? Where was Brown all game as Philly was completing pass after pass to the tight end over the middle?

Over half the players that were hear the last couple years are gone. We don't have that many left. Yeah some are here that are not starting, but go through the list of starters and see how many are
    Edwards/Peterson players?
    Starters theres alot new yes but the old saying is that a team in only as good as its weakest player. FACT the Chiefs are the 2nd Youngest team. That was Herm edwards game plan. To go young. That was before Hailey and Pioli got there. The Chiefs can not do a complte team overhaul in less then 1 full year. This team is going to look a lot diffrent. Its far to early for Pioli Haley bashing for the roster.

we spent to much time preparing for Vick. and he wasn't even a factor in this game. still his presence commanded to much of our time.
    I expected them to lose. but this was a set back to "progress". and next week the Giants.
    once again the penalities killed us !!!!! they were using man coverage on us which meant blitz on almost every play. and why not with our O line ????
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

One word....TALENT. The have it and we dont.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast