Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LARRY JOHNSON EXPRESS - 1400yds 15TD's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default LARRY JOHNSON EXPRESS - 1400yds 15TD's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooooo? At what point does LJ pick up the pace? So far this season he's racked up 63 carries for 174 yards(2.7 yards per carry). 4 receptions for 47 yards(11.7 per reception). 221 yards combined over 3 games.

Jamaal Charles has 16 carries for 80 yards(5 yards per carry). 10 receptions for 97 yards(9.7 per reception). 173 yards combined.

Neither have TD's, but Charles seems to be more of the future of KC than LJ is. LJ's 2.7 per carry average against Charles's 5 is evidence enough that LJ should be a 3rd down, goal line back. The O line is terrible and that kind of line needs a shifty, cut back RB like Charles. Not an up the middle back like LJ. I think we all know now that LJ's huge success had more to do with the good O line we had at the time and NOT LJ himself.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

From what i saw in the game (before the network switched it to NYJ vs TENN.) there was always a guy from the eagles in our backfield. Our line sucks....its pathetic to watch....the chiefs are the laughing stock at the bar i watch the games at. LJ can be a great running back...he has shown it....i can only name 1 running back who played great with a ****ty line and thats barry sanders and larry johnson and no buddy (maybe Adrian Peterson) will be THAT GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    From what i saw in the game (before the network switched it to NYJ vs TENN.) there was always a guy from the eagles in our backfield. Our line sucks....its pathetic to watch....the chiefs are the laughing stock at the bar i watch the games at. LJ can be a great running back...he has shown it....i can only name 1 running back who played great with a ****ty line and thats barry sanders and larry johnson and no buddy (maybe Adrian Peterson) will be THAT GOOD
    Adrian Peterson is alright. But VASTLY overrated, IMO.

He has the best run-blocking O-line in the league. And therefore, he gets the best rushing stats in the league.

But that one run that they keep showing on NFL Network is pretty damn amazing. I can't take that away.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    But I don't think LJ is any different than he was in '05, when he tore NFL defenses to shreds.
    Well, he is 4 years older. Quite a bit if measured in runningback years.
    And he has lost speed, drive, quickness, and attitude. These traits are clearly visible imo no matter the ol. Its obvious to me he is not the same back.
    SHUT IT

Adrian Peterson is alright. But VASTLY overrated, IMO.
    Got to disagree again. Speed, power, youth, instinct, strength. The best back in the game today.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Well, he is 4 years older. Quite a bit if measured in runningback years.
    And he has lost speed, drive, quickness, and attitude. These traits are clearly visible imo no matter the ol. Its obvious to me he is not the same back.
    How can ya tell if he's lost a step? I never see him get a chance to get the wheels spinning.

I mean, I'm sure that age and the injury have slowed him some. But I can't possibly imagine that it would be noticable, if he were getting the five yard headstart, from the LOS, that he was geting in '05.

How can ya tell if he's lost a step? I never see him get a chance to get the wheels spinning.

I mean, I'm sure that age and the injury have slowed him some. But I can't possibly imagine that it would be noticable, if he were getting the five yard headstart, from the LOS, that he was geting in '05.
    Its just my opinion on what I see. I'm not saying I'm a talant evaluater or anything...
    SHUT IT

Got to disagree again. Speed, power, youth, instinct, strength. The best back in the game today.

and i agree with you.....just watch the man run..its sick...

Its just my opinion on what I see. I'm not saying I'm a talant evaluater or anything...
    I'm not trying to shoot anyone down.

and i agree with you.....just watch the man run..its sick...
    I just don't understand how anyone can compare the two LJs.

We say that he isn't "Hitting the holes" the same.

What holes?

There were holes in '05. And he was certainly hitting them very well.

But I haven't seen a rushing lane since '06.

We say "He's not as quick".

Well, it is a really bad idea to slam into your O-linemans' backs "quick".

We say "He isn't giving the same effort".

Sure he is. I see him giving a half-assed effort, at least. That's all he did in '05. Anytime a run was called to the outside, he would just drop his arms to his side, similar to a child pouting about having to do a chore, and just "stomp" his way out of bounds.

Hell he gives alot more effort these day, it seems.

We say "He just doesn't run as fast anymore".

I never get to see him run. I get to see him stutter-step, looking for a hole. But never gets to run.

In '05, he got to play with Roaf, Shields and T-Rich plowing paths for him, in a Vermeil proven system. And he got mad stats, in just over half a season.

In '06, he lost Roaf and T-Rich, as well as alot of the constructs of the Vermeil offense. He got some good numbers. But had to play all season, and get more chances to pad those stats than any other RB has gotten in a season to do it.

Since then... basically nothing. Not disgustingly bad in '08, but most of that came from a 3rd down back kind of situation, with that spread offense.

And he has no Roaf, no Shields, no T-Rich, No Weigmann and not so much as a shadow of the Vermiel offense that helped Marshall Faulk and Priest Holmes become Fantasy Football gods.

Now, as most of those on the "LJ Bandwagon" can tell you, I am far from a Larry Johnson supporter.

I didn't want him from the beginning. Since the moment Dick Vermiel said that that wasn't his pick, to the diapers comment, to the holdout for big money, to the racial remarks on ESPN, to all of the pouting, to the jealous 'rap' about Priest holmes, to the multiple problems he has had with women, to the dwindling numbers over the past three seasons.

But If Roaf, Shields, T-Rich, and that Vermiel system were here now, I would bet heavily on he Chiefs to beat the Giants, beat he Plowboys, beat everyone, and for LJ to put up massive numbers.

It isn't that LJ has lost a step. It's that he has lost of the people who made him shine so brightly.

I'm not trying to shoot anyone down.

I just don't understand how anyone can compare the two LJs.

We say that he isn't "Hitting the holes" the same.

What holes?

There were holes in '05. And he was certainly hitting them very well.

But I haven't seen a rushing lane since '06.

We say "He's not as quick".

Well, it is a really bad idea to slam into your O-linemans' backs "quick".

We say "He isn't giving the same effort".

Sure he is. I see him giving a half-assed effort, at least. That's all he did in '05. Anytime a run was called to the outside, he would just drop his arms to his side, similar to a child pouting about having to do a chore, and just "stomp" his way out of bounds.

Hell he gives alot more effort these day, it seems.

We say "He just doesn't run as fast anymore".

I never get to see him run. I get to see him stutter-step, looking for a hole. But never gets to run.

In '05, he got to play with Roaf, Shields and T-Rich plowing paths for him, in a Vermeil proven system. And he got mad stats, in just over half a season.

In '06, he lost Roaf and T-Rich, as well as alot of the constructs of the Vermeil offense. He got some good numbers. But had to play all season, and get more chances to pad those stats than any other RB has gotten in a season to do it.

Since then... basically nothing. Not disgustingly bad in '08, but most of that came from a 3rd down back kind of situation, with that spread offense.

And he has no Roaf, no Shields, no T-Rich, No Weigmann and not so much as a shadow of the Vermiel offense that helped Marshall Faulk and Priest Holmes become Fantasy Football gods.

Now, as most of those on the "LJ Bandwagon" can tell you, I am far from a Larry Johnson supporter.

I didn't want him from the beginning. Since the moment Dick Vermiel said that that wasn't his pick, to the diapers comment, to the holdout for big money, to the racial remarks on ESPN, to all of the pouting, to the jealous 'rap' about Priest holmes, to the multiple problems he has had with women, to the dwindling numbers over the past three seasons.

But If Roaf, Shields, T-Rich, and that Vermiel system were here now, I would bet heavily on he Chiefs to beat the Giants, beat he Plowboys, beat everyone, and for LJ to put up massive numbers.

It isn't that LJ has lost a step. It's that he has lost of the people who made him shine so brightly.
    I can understand with the vikings line making Adrian look good but its after he gets past the line and what he does is amazing.

I totally agree with your statement about LJ and if we did have the Vermiel system still and the players to block we could be a dangerous team (if our D stepped it up) but i guess barry sanders is the only player to play great with no line.

but that gets me to thinking about Jim brown, OJ Simpson and the old time backs...did they have a line...cuz i know oj played on some bad bills teams

I can understand with the vikings line making Adrian look good but its after he gets past the line and what he does is amazing.

I totally agree with your statement about LJ and if we did have the Vermiel system still and the players to block we could be a dangerous team (if our D stepped it up) but i guess barry sanders is the only player to play great with no line.

but that gets me to thinking about Jim brown, OJ Simpson and the old time backs...did they have a line...cuz i know oj played on some bad bills teams
    OJ did alot with litle. But not on the same level as Barry.

Jim Brown was the offensive line, and the RB.

But I'll sdd to the very short list.... Gale Sayers. Alot of wht he did came on he return team. But he had very similar shifting abilities to Barry.

Oh. One more, that I can think of. And most won't like this, but Bo Jackson was amazing as RB. Pretty good at baseball. But far better at football.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast