Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LARRY JOHNSON EXPRESS - 1400yds 15TD's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default LARRY JOHNSON EXPRESS - 1400yds 15TD's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooooo? At what point does LJ pick up the pace? So far this season he's racked up 63 carries for 174 yards(2.7 yards per carry). 4 receptions for 47 yards(11.7 per reception). 221 yards combined over 3 games.

Jamaal Charles has 16 carries for 80 yards(5 yards per carry). 10 receptions for 97 yards(9.7 per reception). 173 yards combined.

Neither have TD's, but Charles seems to be more of the future of KC than LJ is. LJ's 2.7 per carry average against Charles's 5 is evidence enough that LJ should be a 3rd down, goal line back. The O line is terrible and that kind of line needs a shifty, cut back RB like Charles. Not an up the middle back like LJ. I think we all know now that LJ's huge success had more to do with the good O line we had at the time and NOT LJ himself.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

I can't really get my self to judge LJ when our line plays like it did today..
    Charles did look good though, if he can keep holding on to the ball, then he will see more action.

i watched lendale white bust tackles and score a td when needed. lj can only cry about his o-line for so long. he is pu##y footing around the line bottom line trade him he is washed up and has no more drive put his diapers back on because he is doing nothing but crying and making excuses

Actually, just asking because I don't know- has LJ been the one complaining about the O-line? I thought that was just us.

I dont think he has publicy yet. at least directly.

I think its hard to judge with the way the OL plays, but I see him do good one day and do awful the next.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

lol... Whats funny is if you watch when LJ is not touched behind the line of scrimmage he gets about 5 yrds per carry.
    It's the other 95% of runs where he is hit in the backfield and all his momentum stops.

You people seriously need to quit crying about LJ it's getting old. The whole damn team sucks.

Cassel sucks cuz of the line
    LJ sucks cuz of the line
    Bowe sucks cuz of our line not getting time to get it to him.
    It's the damn LINE it has been and always will be.
    Just cuz a shifty speed runner comes in and has some good carries on 4 times as less amount of carries compared to LJ doesn't mean he is the future. Just like someone said earlier Charles is good at what he is, and that's a change of pace back. Not an every down back.

LJ who.

LARRY JOHNSON EXPRESS - 1400yds 15TD's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah - in 3 seasons.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Actually, just asking because I don't know- has LJ been the one complaining about the O-line? I thought that was just us.
    I know that I have a three year soiled diaper over our O-line and have been actively pouting for change.

But I don't think LJ is any different than he was in '05, when he tore NFL defenses to shreds.

The difference is the O-line and the offensive scheme/coaching.

Vermiel knows how to assemble a staff, scheme, gameplan and players to create a strong offense. Both running, and passing.

Herm didn't. And if the Arizona Cardinals are where we are to look for experience from Haley, then he doesn't either.

And the actual O-line players....

Willie Roaf Vs (Young and out of position) Branden Albert
    Willie Roaf Vs Damien Macintosh

Will Shields Vs (New to the offense) Mike Goff
    Will Shields Vs Adrian Jones

This is like going from Joe Motana and Jerry Rice to Elvis Grbac and Snoop Minnis. Except that it has a more directly negative impact on the performance of others.

If Rice/Montana are eating up all the stats, then Roger Craig may get outshined.

With Roaf/Shields collecting no stats, more for Trent Green, Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson to collect.

Now Willie Roafs and Will Shields' don't just grow on trees. So I am not saying that we have to be that good. But we do need to find good players instead of the practice equipment that we have been trotting out onto the field as starters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast