Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moves that can (and should) be made immediately

Default Moves that can (and should) be made immediately

We talk too much about what we should or shouldn't have done in the past. That doesn't help us now. Here's two moves that I think can make us a better football team immediately.

The offensive line needs to be completely blown up. Now.

For whatever reason, Pioli didn't land us a single impact offensive lineman in free agency. No point in harping on it at this point. Let's talk about what he can do now.

I'm pretty convinced that Brandon Albert is not an NFL left tackle. There's a reason that throughout 2008 draft preparation the experts were saying that he could be a pro bowl Guard, and can also play tackle. So let's just move him to Shields old spot and let him go to pro bowls, instead of be a liability at the most important position in football.

Start Alleman over Niswanger at C. Why not? Niswanger hasn't done anything positive.

Sign Jon Runyan and start him at RT within 2 weeks.

Sign Langston Walker to play LT. Hell, the Bills suck but they obviously saw something in him that made them think he'd be a pretty good starter at LT since they traded theirs to the Eagles.

Walker / Waters / Alleman / Albert / Runyan

Alternately, I wouldn't kill myself if we didn't sign Walker and went this route:

Albert / Waters / Alleman / Ndukwe / Runyan

Boom, new offensive line. Can't be any worse than our current one. Do it.

2. Jamaal Charles should be starting over LJ.

I don't care what anyone says. Charles has been a better running back than LJ from the moment he was drafted.

- He had 5.3 yards per carry last season to LJ's 4.5.
    - He has 4.4 yards per carry this year to LJ's 2.5.
    - He's a better pass blocker than LJ.
    - He's a better pass catcher than LJ.
    - He's faster and is a threat to break free.
    - He's younger and will actually be on this team 2 years from now, unlike LJ who will definitely be cut at some point because of his contract versus his production.

Everyone says he has this major fumbling problem. Guess what? LJ had a fumble for every 20 attempts last season. Charles had 1 for every 35.

The other thing I hear is that he's a change of pace back and not a starter. Guess what? In his only significant action last season he had 18 carries for 106 yards (5.9 YPC).

Charles should be our Chris Johnson and LJ should be our LenDale White. Do it.
    Last edited by yashi; 09-28-2009 at 09:48 AM.

I totally have to agree with you. LJ does not have the speed or hip swerve to get out of the backfield AT ALL. These third and long attempts are kiling us. We are 7 of 36 this season converting third down attempts. HAHA. Watching LJ fall down in the backfield for a loss is not cutting it. He should be traded for a draft pick immdiately... Even if its a sixth or seventh. He is done in KC. By the time we have an o line that is better than a college level he will be done anyway. He could still have some success with a new start somewhere else.

I got one better that doesnt include anyone being added or leaving... How about this team proving they are really professional football players and stop getting so many ****ing penalties!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially when they move the chains. Drive killers, and we seem to be really really good at that right now... We have no discipline and its killing us in games....

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    I got one better that doesnt include anyone being added or leaving... How about this team proving they are really professional football players and stop getting so many ****ing penalties!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially when they move the chains. Drive killers, and we seem to be really really good at that right now... We have no discipline and its killing us in games....
    That doesn't change the fact that the OL can't block whatsoever and LJ can't run the ball.

I agree with the o line statements. Something needs to be done NOW. Cassel is getting slammed around back there and has no time to make decent throws to any receivers at all. We paid him so much money, now let's PROTECT him. Alleman needs to be in at C NOW. Give it a shot, Niswanger is getting beat and he needs to know its not a given for him to start.
    LJ is DONE. I think we could run a Charles/Savage or Battle combo that would work well. LJ isn't trying out there.
    Seriously, its time to explore other options. Our schedule is ROUGH this year, and if something isn't done I don't see us winning any games. I missed the game yesterday, but when I checked my phone the first thing I saw was we were 0-10 for 3rd down conversions. We have to change something, and it has to start with the O line.
    "The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
    -John Madden

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    I totally have to agree with you. LJ does not have the speed or hip swerve to get out of the backfield AT ALL. These third and long attempts are kiling us. We are 7 of 36 this season converting third down attempts. HAHA. Watching LJ fall down in the backfield for a loss is not cutting it. He should be traded for a draft pick immdiately... Even if its a sixth or seventh. He is done in KC. By the time we have an o line that is better than a college level he will be done anyway. He could still have some success with a new start somewhere else.
    If LJ has any trade value then we obviously should, but I don't know that he does. But like I said, he can still be our LenDale White for running between the tackles and short yardage situations. Not that Jackie Battle isn't necessarily just as good, not to mention he's actually bigger than LJ.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that the OL can't block whatsoever and LJ can't run the ball.
    Sure it does... Think about the raider game and yesterday, **** all 3 games.. How many penalties after good first down pick ups.. 2nd and 25's??? The times that we are getting first downs are being negated by penalties.. It makes me sick to my stomach

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra70O9nps6E"]YouTube - DO IT, DO IT - full, perfect quality[/ame]

After watching that clip for a bit I notice that Ben Stiller's character looks like Carl Peterson back in the day....even dresses like him!

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Good post Yashi, you are definately right, that something has to be done.

Pioli / Haley elected to fix the defense this offseason, I won't say that Jackson has made much of an impact.. Yet..

I never understood why Alleman wasn't given any time at center, but they must have their reasons. Im just annoyed that i don't know anything about the guy.. Because i know Niswanger isn't getting it done..

I would definately like to see more of the other runningbacks, with our line we need a back that can at the very least get to the LoS before the blocking breaks down. LJ has lost a step..
    I think LJ has had his chance, and that we should give more snaps to the other backs.

Does anyone know whats up with Kolby Smith? He has been injured forever..!

Also the horrible coverage over the middle has to be fixed!! Same with the rush.. I can't believe we can't manage to slip a single rusher in there, when we send the house..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast