Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is our Chiefs in disarray?

Default Is our Chiefs in disarray?

D.Bowe with a 'hammy' during wednesdays practice.
    DJ with a 'groin' injury - and doesn't even make the trip to Philly.
    A total team meltdown in Philly.
    Are DBowe and DJ having 'personality conflicts' with Haley and being shopped?
    Is Haley losing - or already lost - this team?
    Whatever is going on, it aint looking good at this point...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Plus if someone was calling you out, wouldn't you want to prove them wrong?

I just don't get it.

When is the last time an OL with a red and gold jeresy on got up and hit a man!?>
    Vick got smashed. As did that TE.

But again, lack of talent. Some of these guys are being awarded starting jobs because the more talented player got in Haley's "Dog House". Others are being played in positions that they just don't have the skill to play.

If someone calls me out as a far inferior basketball player to Kobe Bryant, it doesn't matter how bad I want to "prove them wrong".

You can say anything you want to motivate Corky. But he will never be able to cover Randy Moss.

And if the coach's directions are not really going to work, like Herm's defense, you can't prove that you are capable of doing the job. Because it is structurally wrong.

I don't trust this coaching staff. There is no product that they have ever shown that convinces me that they can do the job.

Oops. Didn't notice that you were asking about the OL hitting someone. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    D.Bowe with a 'hammy' during wednesdays practice.
    DJ with a 'groin' injury - and doesn't even make the trip to Philly.
    A total team meltdown in Philly.
    Are DBowe and DJ having 'personality conflicts' with Haley and being shopped?
    Is Haley losing - or already lost - this team?
    Whatever is going on, it aint looking good at this point...
    Ok 538 post to look at and I start here with Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Vick got smashed. As did that TE.

But again, lack of talent. Some of these guys are being awarded starting jobs because the more talented player got in Haley's "Dog House". Others are being played in positions that they just don't have the skill to play.
    This is something with Haley that I'm growing increasingly tired of as well. He keeps talking about putting the best guys on the field to give us a chance to win- but it doesn't seem like he's doing that. DJ and Jamaal Charles, regardless of the week, seem to have given us a better chance to win, and for some reason, they keep getting shatted upon. Meanwhile, Mr. #1 draft pick has ONE tackle in 3 games.

I don't know about you guys as coaches, but my doghouse would certainly have a room for a guy who has been that effective. But I don't think you bench guys just to make a point- that's bad juju. That KEEPS us from winning games.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I don't trust this coaching staff. There is no product that they have ever shown that convinces me that they can do the job.
    Haley I was happy to see- the mysterious "look what my left hand is doing!" way in which we assembled our assistants was just plain strange. Haley/Pioli seemed reluctant to actually name a D-coordinator for a while, didn't they? Then it was some dude that is so completely underwhelming.

I hope things pick up soon.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Ok 538 post to look at and I start here with Yes!
    Man you've got a lot of catching up to do. Put on your reading glasses!!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Man you've got a lot of catching up to do. Put on your reading glasses!!

Well then dammit stop giving me more post to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Well then dammit stop giving me more post to look at.
    Jeez, you don't have to be such a Haley about it...
    SHUT IT

Its true the team needs to pick it up a bit, but what I see as a major problem is Todd Haleys play calling and game management.
    For example today he went 0/11 on third down and many of those were 3rd and 1, and the others were 3 and long and he called passes to the flat and 5 yarders.
    There is not much the team can do if the HC calls bone head plays, and miss manages game this bad.
    If anyone should be in the dog house it should be Todd Haley.

Does anyone else agree?

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    This is something with Haley that I'm growing increasingly tired of as well. He keeps talking about putting the best guys on the field to give us a chance to win- but it doesn't seem like he's doing that. DJ and Jamaal Charles, regardless of the week, seem to have given us a better chance to win, and for some reason, they keep getting shatted upon. Meanwhile, Mr. #1 draft pick has ONE tackle in 3 games.

I don't know about you guys as coaches, but my doghouse would certainly have a room for a guy who has been that effective. But I don't think you bench guys just to make a point- that's bad juju. That KEEPS us from winning games.

Haley I was happy to see- the mysterious "look what my left hand is doing!" way in which we assembled our assistants was just plain strange. Haley/Pioli seemed reluctant to actually name a D-coordinator for a while, didn't they? Then it was some dude that is so completely underwhelming.

I hope things pick up soon.

jb
    Big rep for that "left hand" part in there.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
    Its true the team needs to pick it up a bit, but what I see as a major problem is Todd Haleys play calling and game management.
    For example today he went 0/11 on third down and many of those were 3rd and 1, and the others were 3 and long and he called passes to the flat and 5 yarders.
    There is not much the team can do if the HC calls bone head plays, and miss manages game this bad.
    If anyone should be in the dog house it should be Todd Haley.

Does anyone else agree?
    A HC is a manager. And all Haley has managed to do so far is lose 4 pre-season games and 3 regular season games - the last one a complete team meltdown. So, yes, I agree.
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast