Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lack of a pass rush...

Default Lack of a pass rush...

Year in and year out. We all know it.

Even in the days of the incomparable DT, we have a problem getting pressur on QBs, unless we have a player tha can flat-out beat blockers.

I have seen our defense when they were blitzing from every position on the defense, and they never seem to surprise the blockers, do they?

If it isn't Jared Allen, Derrick Thomas, or Neil Smith just plain beating a block, then we just won't get any pressure.

I see other teams sneak a blitzer undetected. Why not us?

Is it because we just always have players that don't know how to do it?

Always?

Is it because we always have coaches that don't know how and when to get it to work?

Always?

I have another concept. And many of you are gonna think that it is a joke.

In any situation, when one wants to get someone's attention... Be it someone driving, or making someone aware of danger, there is one color that is used as an attention getter.

RED!!!!!

We are warning blocker and ball-carriers alike, that trouble is coming.

No stealthy black, or camoflged greens here. We want you to see us and know where we are at all times.

Now, I'm dead serious about this. No color catches the eye like a nice bright red.

And I have watched countless sneaky blitzes look as if they had been preannounced, with so few slipping by unnoticed.

Now, if we were to select a second-best warning color, wouldn't that color be yellow? Say, like a penalty flag?

We may as well be screaming at the top of out lungs that we are blitzing from 'positions A & B'. Because our uniforms are doing that already.

Some of you will remember a homemade 'alternate' uniform that one, Darthcarlsatan, shared with us, awhile back.

Not that that guy has any common sense whatsoever. I won't bother commenting to that subject.

But the colors were darker, and had less of "LOUD" feel to them.

I think that Chiefscrowd.com needs to begin some form of a design of our own for the team, with the stealth factor in mind. And start some form of a petition to the team to get our players out of the league's loudest uniforms, and into something that is "quieter".

So...what do we think? Have I crossed over into insanity? Or is there possibly some morsel of merit to what I am thinking here?

Really????? It has come to this now huh? If this thread alone doesn't say "PATHETIC", I don't know what will!!!!

I can see your point, not sure if it's is entirely valid but still interesting. Seattle's awful lime green jerseys are much more obvious though.

Quote Originally Posted by Everest View Post
    I can see your point, not sure if it's is entirely valid but still interesting. Seattle's awful lime green jerseys are much more obvious though.
    Yeah the chiefs red is NOT THE LOUDEST color really. The Broncos and Bears orange home jerseys are quite loud and their defense has been spectacular. I like the Seahawks lime green actually. So it may make you more aware if you are a QB but red is a pretty intimidating color and blends at home especially.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Yeah the chiefs red is NOT THE LOUDEST color really. The Broncos and Bears orange home jerseys are quite loud and their defense has been spectacular. I like the Seahawks lime green actually. So it may make you more aware if you are a QB but red is a pretty intimidating color and blends at home especially.
    I'll grant you that those oranges are pretty noticable. The dark blues that they have used are far more advantageous.

But things like the green of the Seahawks, and Packers (as mentioned above) are ugly. And the blue of The Colts is not very loud against a green background. They blend far better with the color of a football field.

But, as far as detecting the colors with peripherals, Line-up all 32 NFL teams' helmets on your lawn, climb up on the roof, and look away. Most of the rest will, all-but, disapear.

But that red one will shine like a beacon. (White will too.)

And again, I am not saying that a team cannot win wearing hunter's orange, penalty flag yellow, or emergency red.

Just saying that those colors put us at some slight disadvantages. And I would rather take the advantage, than to give it.

You know times are desperate when you start considering team colors for your poor play.

Fact of the matter is, IMO, we wore the same colors in the 90s when we were a defensive machine that no one wanted to imagine facing.

how sad was it to see Jared Allen sacking the QB all night last night I MISS JARED

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    how sad was it to see Jared Allen sacking the QB all night last night I MISS JARED
    amen to that. It was depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    he now has more sacks than our team

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    You know times are desperate when you start considering team colors for your poor play.

Fact of the matter is, IMO, we wore the same colors in the 90s when we were a defensive machine that no one wanted to imagine facing.
    Nothing of the sort. You missed the point.

This is something that I have seen with this team for twenty years. Through good time and bad. An inability
    to disguise the intent of the defense.

This is far from any attempt to excuse our poor play... ever.

Try this....

Buy a few dozen baseballs, and paint a dozen in each color. Then go hit all of them into the outfield.

Now, how many of them do you see from the plate? Can you see all twelve green ones? Black ones? What about the orange, yellow red and white ones?

It's real simple. Some colors are just far more obvious against that background, than others.

Fire engine red is one of the most evident.

Ther just has to be something better to argue about.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast