Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lack of a pass rush...

Default Lack of a pass rush...

Year in and year out. We all know it.

Even in the days of the incomparable DT, we have a problem getting pressur on QBs, unless we have a player tha can flat-out beat blockers.

I have seen our defense when they were blitzing from every position on the defense, and they never seem to surprise the blockers, do they?

If it isn't Jared Allen, Derrick Thomas, or Neil Smith just plain beating a block, then we just won't get any pressure.

I see other teams sneak a blitzer undetected. Why not us?

Is it because we just always have players that don't know how to do it?

Always?

Is it because we always have coaches that don't know how and when to get it to work?

Always?

I have another concept. And many of you are gonna think that it is a joke.

In any situation, when one wants to get someone's attention... Be it someone driving, or making someone aware of danger, there is one color that is used as an attention getter.

RED!!!!!

We are warning blocker and ball-carriers alike, that trouble is coming.

No stealthy black, or camoflged greens here. We want you to see us and know where we are at all times.

Now, I'm dead serious about this. No color catches the eye like a nice bright red.

And I have watched countless sneaky blitzes look as if they had been preannounced, with so few slipping by unnoticed.

Now, if we were to select a second-best warning color, wouldn't that color be yellow? Say, like a penalty flag?

We may as well be screaming at the top of out lungs that we are blitzing from 'positions A & B'. Because our uniforms are doing that already.

Some of you will remember a homemade 'alternate' uniform that one, Darthcarlsatan, shared with us, awhile back.

Not that that guy has any common sense whatsoever. I won't bother commenting to that subject.

But the colors were darker, and had less of "LOUD" feel to them.

I think that Chiefscrowd.com needs to begin some form of a design of our own for the team, with the stealth factor in mind. And start some form of a petition to the team to get our players out of the league's loudest uniforms, and into something that is "quieter".

So...what do we think? Have I crossed over into insanity? Or is there possibly some morsel of merit to what I am thinking here?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Of course they do.

If I happen to get a blitzer coming free, and he is wearing bright red, then, even if the QB is looking downfield, he is gonna know that it's coming sooner than if he were wearing dark red, or any darker color.

The game is all about deception. Play action, Draw plays, blitz packages, pump fakes....

Not that we are incapable of deception. Just that we are put at a distinct disadvantage in those facets.

I want my team to take every advantage that they can get. And eliminate every advantage that our opponents have.
    Don;t we wear white half the season? Then we should at least have a good pass rush for half of the season.

Sorry if this is a repost, i didnt read the whole thread.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I say just get guys who can beat blocks and kick the sh!t outta people.

Wearing Red of course.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Also Red at home kind of blends in with Red in the stands so your vision will be more accustomed to the bright red and the other team would stick out much more especially since its white. So this theory doesn't hold too much water. All that red in the stands makes you see red and anything that is NOT red sticks out is what I am saying. So teams are actually disadvantaged on the road because of white color unless you are wearing white at home (which I find annoying).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234