Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Moves that can (and should) be made immediately

Default Moves that can (and should) be made immediately

We talk too much about what we should or shouldn't have done in the past. That doesn't help us now. Here's two moves that I think can make us a better football team immediately.

The offensive line needs to be completely blown up. Now.

For whatever reason, Pioli didn't land us a single impact offensive lineman in free agency. No point in harping on it at this point. Let's talk about what he can do now.

I'm pretty convinced that Brandon Albert is not an NFL left tackle. There's a reason that throughout 2008 draft preparation the experts were saying that he could be a pro bowl Guard, and can also play tackle. So let's just move him to Shields old spot and let him go to pro bowls, instead of be a liability at the most important position in football.

Start Alleman over Niswanger at C. Why not? Niswanger hasn't done anything positive.

Sign Jon Runyan and start him at RT within 2 weeks.

Sign Langston Walker to play LT. Hell, the Bills suck but they obviously saw something in him that made them think he'd be a pretty good starter at LT since they traded theirs to the Eagles.

Walker / Waters / Alleman / Albert / Runyan

Alternately, I wouldn't kill myself if we didn't sign Walker and went this route:

Albert / Waters / Alleman / Ndukwe / Runyan

Boom, new offensive line. Can't be any worse than our current one. Do it.

2. Jamaal Charles should be starting over LJ.

I don't care what anyone says. Charles has been a better running back than LJ from the moment he was drafted.

- He had 5.3 yards per carry last season to LJ's 4.5.
    - He has 4.4 yards per carry this year to LJ's 2.5.
    - He's a better pass blocker than LJ.
    - He's a better pass catcher than LJ.
    - He's faster and is a threat to break free.
    - He's younger and will actually be on this team 2 years from now, unlike LJ who will definitely be cut at some point because of his contract versus his production.

Everyone says he has this major fumbling problem. Guess what? LJ had a fumble for every 20 attempts last season. Charles had 1 for every 35.

The other thing I hear is that he's a change of pace back and not a starter. Guess what? In his only significant action last season he had 18 carries for 106 yards (5.9 YPC).

Charles should be our Chris Johnson and LJ should be our LenDale White. Do it.
    Last edited by yashi; 09-28-2009 at 09:48 AM.

KILOBYTS,

Just do the math. LJ is finished. It's not that complicated. Larry had a great run (once upon a time). However, Larry spent the last two years choosing to hit women. Newsflash! The D-Line hits back. As a result, Larry sucks.
    Jackie Battle is our future. Thiggy is our future. Haley is our future. Time will prove or disprove me. Well done, and thank you for your opinion.

Jackie Battle and Tyler Thigpen are the future in KC...

Herm... is that you?

I don't know if Cassel is the future, or really even the present, but our problems really aren't at QB or RB right now- it's the monsters in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Had we a good O-line, both LJ and Jamaal would be doing quite well, and with time, any passer we had back there would be racking up the stats.

It's our lines, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    I agree the QB position should have been a fair fight. Thigpen was impressive last year. Just folded under pressure but that stuff gets better the more experience you have. Plus Thigpen is a better suit for the team right now. Very durable and a good scrambler. The Cassel trade I was furious with. Way too much money for someone who is possibly not any better than what we have.
    Kinda early to tell just yet, but Sanchez is looking damn good so far. But then again, he probably has an OC and QB coach to help him out, not to mention a HC not screaming in his ear all the time...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    the pressure on cassel came off both ends not up the middle, nisewanger has done allright. the problem is at both tackles
    The pressure came from everywhere, including the middle.

ALot of that is that the new O-line needs time to "gel". It almost always happens that way.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Just a thought....but if you want to move Albert into the middle and have a pro bowl Guard, why not give LJ a chance behind a road grader...that's what he needs to break loose is a guy to clear the middle. DEs are ineffective at stopping an up the middle run if the middle is cleared.
    I agree with the theory. But I hink Haley will be he problem then.

He is all pass, and no run. And making it to the Super Bowl with that, has likely convinced him that his offensive scheme is right.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    I agree the QB position should have been a fair fight. Thigpen was impressive last year. Just folded under pressure but that stuff gets better the more experience you have. Plus Thigpen is a better suit for the team right now. Very durable and a good scrambler. The Cassel trade I was furious with. Way too much money for someone who is possibly not any better than what we have.
    I didn't care for the trade. But it was the big contract extension that really drove me nuts.

Anyway, I know a guy who could play ROT for us.

He's no prize, by any means. But he did a decent job in pass protection in '08 at ROT. And he is available.

Damion McIntosh

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234