Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Haley keeps his job..........

Default Haley keeps his job..........

How many wins does Haley need to keep his job?

I gave him an extremely good amount since we hired him to improve this team. And considering the knowledge we have now and the team he inhereted.

I say 3-13. If not that then I say "Sorry Haley, you've dealt your cards not the way."
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 09-29-2009 at 02:19 AM. Reason: i wanted to make a poll with it

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Unless he really shows consistent notable mistakes...I tend to think we should be a bit more empathetic to this being Haley's first year as a Head Coach. He's trying to adjust to all the extra responsibilties as a Head Coach, the pressures of proving himself to fans & peers are there, and he's trying to rebuild a losing team from ground up. He has much on his shoulders the first year.

I think if he fails miserably a second year...then eyebrows need to be raised as to if Haley bit off more than he can chew with accepting a Head Coach position.

I know what sometimes appears on the surface to be a bad play call isn't always the case. Coaches have information we as fans don't...& he could have justified reasons for making a call that looks bad to us fans.
    How much empathy is Haley to be rewarded, considering how much empathy he awards these players?

How many years did he give Damien Macintosh, Dwayne Bowe, Derrick Johnson, Bernard Pollard and others?

He has set a tone at "just a couple mistakes gets you demoted, or even fired".

If Haley fails to get two wins from this team, this season, then he should resign. If not, then he should be fired.

I agree. He should practice what he preaches.
    Man, Josh McDaniels is sure making his mark....F***

Quote Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
    Wow, a lot of you would have fired Jimmy Johnson in Dallas after his first year. There's some ridiculousness in this thread.
    You see, this is the kind of BS statement that gets people like me all riled up.

First, Jimmy Johnson had already established himself as a very good college coach who had shown he had the ability to win games. Out of 8 years of college head coaching he had losing seasons only twice and when he was in Miami he had three years where his team was ranked in the top 3 and one year played in a National Championship.

He clearly knew how to put together a winning team and knew how to coach football.

By comparison, Haley has NEVER been a head coach, he was a Wide Receiver coach for 11 years and an offensive coordinator for one. He has never had to control a football team, win over the players, motivate the players, get their heads in the game. He has never proven that he can win games. He suffers from the same problem that Herm had, inexperience.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Hailey unfortunetely has about a 3 year free ride no matter what cause Pioli doesnt want to look the fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    You see, this is the kind of BS statement that gets people like me all riled up...
    All of that is good in retrospect but it doesn't change the fact that people were literally calling for his (Jimmy's) head after that season. Track record or no track record in college it didn't matter he wasn't winning and people wanted him ousted and calling for Tom Landry to come back.

So in essence what that guy said is true...people still react the same way to losses.

Whether the results are equivalent remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Now... really, would a move like that surprise you with some of the other off season moves made so far since Carl and Herm left town?

Suppose Pioli says "Well, we are rebuilding, and another bad one was expected, but this year you've got to get some wins or you're gone".

All I'm saying is it would not surprise me at all to see us retain Haley for one more year, even after 0-16, to see if his second season could improve us.

But at that point, if we were 0-16 in 2009, and start 0-6 or so in 2010, he may wind up getting the axe during the season.

Who knows?
    Kind of what I was thinking.

You see, this is the kind of BS statement that gets people like me all riled up.

First, Jimmy Johnson had already established himself as a very good college coach who had shown he had the ability to win games. Out of 8 years of college head coaching he had losing seasons only twice and when he was in Miami he had three years where his team was ranked in the top 3 and one year played in a National Championship.

He clearly knew how to put together a winning team and knew how to coach football.

By comparison, Haley has NEVER been a head coach, he was a Wide Receiver coach for 11 years and an offensive coordinator for one. He has never had to control a football team, win over the players, motivate the players, get their heads in the game. He has never proven that he can win games. He suffers from the same problem that Herm had, inexperience.
    Well, except the Chiefs was not Herm's first head coach rodeo; so to speak.

Just sayin.

Well then, if that's how you're gonna play it, Haley should be given even more leeway than JJ was because he's still new to being a head coach. If all Jimmy had done in college proved he was a sure thing, then he should be held to an even higher standard, and 1-15 for college coach with all those accolades looks worse than it would for someone who is a first time head coach.

Nobody, including the great Bill Cowher could do much better with this squad. Nobody will ever know exactly what Herm/Carl were building towards, but it wasn't the kind of players that these guys want. And until they get the players they want, we're in for a lot of the same. Way too many holes to fill. and some of those holes are currently filled with guys that don't have enough years left to help. So those holes will open up again. we will not be a winning team for another 3 years. Had we hired a decent coach 3 years ago, we'd be looking at a much better team right now. So we better just suck it up, drink till the pain stops, and look to the future, cuz the present blows.

Quote Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
    Well then, if that's how you're gonna play it, Haley should be given even more leeway than JJ was because he's still new to being a head coach. If all Jimmy had done in college proved he was a sure thing, then he should be held to an even higher standard, and 1-15 for college coach with all those accolades looks worse than it would for someone who is a first time head coach.
    So to put it in your line of thinking.

Let's say you want your house remodeled. You know it is really bad inside and out and you want to have it gutted and rebuilt.

Who do you give more time to get the job done before replacing him. A contractor that has done the work many times before and has shown his knowledge and ability, or a guy that watches This Old House every weekend, but has never been in charge of a house like this before?

I guess it comes down to how well you love your house and how long you are willing to have it be in shambles before you bring in someone who knows what they are doing to fix it right.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast