Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley keeps his job..........

Default Haley keeps his job..........

How many wins does Haley need to keep his job?

I gave him an extremely good amount since we hired him to improve this team. And considering the knowledge we have now and the team he inhereted.

I say 3-13. If not that then I say "Sorry Haley, you've dealt your cards not the way."
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 09-29-2009 at 02:19 AM. Reason: i wanted to make a poll with it

I think he needs to win 6 games this year...minimum to keep this team and the FO behind him for another season.

Why 6?

To prove that he was better then the last 2 years of Herm (4-12 and 2-14) by equaling his win total or surpassing it...

7 is probably the goal...

I think he'll be back next season no matter how many wins we get this year. Fans are a LOT quicker with the hook than GM's and owners are.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I think he'll be back next season no matter how many wins we get this year. Fans are a LOT quicker with the hook than GM's and owners are.
    Even with 0-16?! No way!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    I think he needs to win 6 games this year...minimum to keep this team and the FO behind him for another season.

Why 6?

To prove that he was better then the last 2 years of Herm (4-12 and 2-14) by equaling his win total or surpassing it...

7 is probably the goal...
    Longshot..

Pioli and Haley was hired to rebuild this franchise, this isn'y going to happen in 1 year, or 2 years.. Sure there has to be progress made.
    But this talk is way too soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Even with 0-16?! No way!!!!!!

Now... really, would a move like that surprise you with some of the other off season moves made so far since Carl and Herm left town?

Suppose Pioli says "Well, we are rebuilding, and another bad one was expected, but this year you've got to get some wins or you're gone".

All I'm saying is it would not surprise me at all to see us retain Haley for one more year, even after 0-16, to see if his second season could improve us.

But at that point, if we were 0-16 in 2009, and start 0-6 or so in 2010, he may wind up getting the axe during the season.

Who knows?

He HAS to win more than two since he said he could "get 22 guys off the street and win 2 games." I'd say 6 is a good number. If he could win 6 with this currents squad, he deserves to stay.

I HOPE Haley was just a stop-gap until we could bring in Cowher. I still want Cowher at HC and Crennel at DC. I don't really care who the OC is, although I'd bet Haley would stay. If not him, Gailey.

Bill Cowher- the miracle pill for gridiron suckitude!

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    Longshot..

Pioli and Haley was hired to rebuild this franchise, this isn'y going to happen in 1 year, or 2 years.. Sure there has to be progress made.
    But this talk is way too soon!
    I don't think so. If he can snag one or two by week 8 the back half of the schedule is set up nicely to finish the season on a positive note.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    I don't think so. If he can snag one or two by week 8 the back half of the schedule is set up nicely to finish the season on a positive note.

Yep- I think the last half of the schedule is much softer than this first part.

Cleveland may not be as terrible as we are, but dammm it they're sure trying

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast