Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Haley keeps his job..........

Default Haley keeps his job..........

How many wins does Haley need to keep his job?

I gave him an extremely good amount since we hired him to improve this team. And considering the knowledge we have now and the team he inhereted.

I say 3-13. If not that then I say "Sorry Haley, you've dealt your cards not the way."
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 09-29-2009 at 02:19 AM. Reason: i wanted to make a poll with it

I honestly think we could go 0-16 THIS season and Haley would still be back next season. Reason being that Pioli has stated many times this will not be a 1 year job. We weren't supposed to be good this year.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Now... really, would a move like that surprise you with some of the other off season moves made so far since Carl and Herm left town?

Suppose Pioli says "Well, we are rebuilding, and another bad one was expected, but this year you've got to get some wins or you're gone".

All I'm saying is it would not surprise me at all to see us retain Haley for one more year, even after 0-16, to see if his second season could improve us.

But at that point, if we were 0-16 in 2009, and start 0-6 or so in 2010, he may wind up getting the axe during the season.

Who knows?
    So 0-38? Really?

0-16 gets you fire. Period. Most of the biggest failures of all-time have not done that poorly.

I don't think we will have to worry about that, though.

I'd say, bare minnimum, Haley has to win two games. As long as he wins two games, then he hasn't screwed himself with that "Guys off the street" comment.

However, if he only wins two games, then he needs to go back out onto the street and find a new bunch of "guys off the street".

If it were me? I would fire 2-14. Anything under 5-11 would be on the hotseat.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Well, if Haley continues this ridiculously disasterous year, i think HE should be held to his own harsh philosophy....you don't perform immediately, you're gone.....
    Very good point. Rep

I don't think he was get fired this year. Why the hell are we talking about firing a guy after 3 games? There is still 13 games for improvement.

Anyways, he will be the coach next year...unless he quits. Then if we still don't win he might get his head chopped off midseason.

I still believe we can turn around and get us a good healthy dose of 7-9 wins this year.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I don't think he was get fired this year. Why the hell are we talking about firing a guy after 3 games? There is still 13 games for improvement.

Anyways, he will be the coach next year...unless he quits. Then if we still don't win he might get his head chopped off midseason.

I still believe we can turn around and get us a good healthy dose of 7-9 wins this year.
    its not THAT he's losing... it's HOW he's losing. We've seen an EXTREMELY OBVIOUS regression from the 2-14 team from last year... how pathetic is that?

i agree with the poster above. 0-3 isn't going to get him canned.....YET. But, its the complete incompetency on the field, be it mistakes by inferior player personnel that he was part of bringing in or just lousy play calling by the coaching staff. This team seems like the only way they can win is by luck, not skill.....and that is disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    its not THAT he's losing... it's HOW he's losing. We've seen an EXTREMELY OBVIOUS regression from the 2-14 team from last year... how pathetic is that?
    Do you realize that last year, we didn't have an offensive TD for like 4 or 5 striaght weeks.
    The players dont seem to give a s**t so maybe he is try to send a message to them IDK. but it will change soon.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    There's not an extremely obvious regression.... we would have never been in a competitive game with the Ravens last year. No chance whatsoever.

I'm all for giving haley a shot i did herm BUT!!!!! when you make the same play call's as the last coach 3and24 and run it when your run game is not working then if the shoe fit's wear it TODD EDWARDS!!!! amazing the 14 points that got was off of pass plays..My down the may not work but a leat you have to try it '' What ever happed to Koby Smith anyway's he had more heart than LJ..

I ment to say maybe down fiield

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Do you realize that last year, we didn't have an offensive TD for like 4 or 5 striaght weeks.
    The players dont seem to give a s**t so maybe he is try to send a message to them IDK. but it will change soon.
    No... when was that? Because in actuality, the ONLY weeks the Chiefs didn't score an offensive TD were weeks 5 (Panthers) and 6 (bye).

Call last season's offense gimmick or whatever you want, but they had the 16th best rushing offense and the 20th best passing offense. We're now 22nd and 30th respectively... and look much worse.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast