Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is haley really that good??

Default Is haley really that good??

IMO Todd Haley isn't all what he's cracked up to be. I'm sure a lot have people have realised that he's not calling the right plays at the right times enough to make the Chiefs win a game! Before the pre-season started I had a lot of hope for the Pioli-Haley franchise but now I'm not so sure!

I mean Todd Haley is choosing to run the ball even when it's obvious he should throw the ball to try and gain a first down. He's choosing to run the ball when the chiefs are 3rd and 25 on their own 10 yard line when they were losing 7 - 24! So I don't think it's just me that realises that Todd Haley isn't as good of a Head Coach that we had hoped for him to be.

I mean maybe we should give him a few more chances or until the end of the year to judge his coaching ability but I would have thought that he would have won atleast 1 game this year! HE HASN'T! 7 games this year (including preseason game) and 7 losses with all the same frustration to it! We even lost to the raiders, 10 - 13, when in the 4th quarter the CB could have made an interception TD return easily if he had only caught the interception instead of dropping it. The outcome of the raiders game would have been 17 - 13 with the chiefs the winners! And the raiders aren't exactly having the best season either, they were actually probably playing worse than the chiefs but the chiefs caused so many more penalties, whioch added upto a total of 7 penalties for 50 yards penlised against the chiefs. And in those 50 yards somehwere quite possibly could have been a touchdown or atleast a field goal!

That win would not only have given us a record of 1-1 but after the loss to Philadelphia, which was a pretty disappointing game, the record would have still given the chiefs a record of 1 - 2 which doesn't actually look that bad, I mean even the lions have a better record than us, 1 - 2!

So you have to ask yourself;

Is Todd Haley really going to last that long if he carries on like this?
    Last edited by AussieChiefsFan; 09-29-2009 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Good point I mean the Panthers, Browns, Titans, Dolphins, Rams and Buccaneers are 0-3 aswell as us, the chiefs!

So you see the glass is half empty and half full.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    So you see the glass is half empty and half full.
    Ill just say Half 'Full'!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Ill just say Half 'Full'!

Good enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Good enough!

I believe Hailey is arrogant and until he looses that he wont be a successsfull HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I believe Hailey is arrogant and until he looses that he wont be a successsfull HC.
    Yeah I'm growing tired of the 'my team' crap. And so are the players imo. This is our team.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Yeah I'm growing tired of the 'my team' crap. And so are the players imo. This is our team.
    I can't recall Haley saying "My Team". It's always "The way we want it".
    Again, IMO Haley is doing a lot of things the way Scott Pioli wants them.

Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    i think we have a great coach and gm. i think we lack talent in most aspects of all personel! mainly the OL!
    Well, they had thier hands in assembling this team.

Not like they didn't make any off-season changes.

The thing is look at the Titans does anyone doubt Jeff Fischer is a good coach ? When your talent around you needs work then it doesnt mater how good of a coach you arte. Has Haley made some bad calls yeah he needs to get a offensive coordinator in there so he can concentrate on yelling at people messing up and not calling the plays. Just give him some time though he is no Herm edwards he will come along but he needs to take some pressure off himself IMO

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    The thing is look at the Titans does anyone doubt Jeff Fischer is a good coach ? When your talent around you needs work then it doesnt mater how good of a coach you arte. Has Haley made some bad calls yeah he needs to get a offensive coordinator in there so he can concentrate on yelling at people messing up and not calling the plays. Just give him some time though he is no Herm edwards he will come along but he needs to take some pressure off himself IMO
    AGREED!

Herm would've done nothing and blamed everyone else. Atleast Haley tries to fix things..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234