Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is haley really that good??

Default Is haley really that good??

IMO Todd Haley isn't all what he's cracked up to be. I'm sure a lot have people have realised that he's not calling the right plays at the right times enough to make the Chiefs win a game! Before the pre-season started I had a lot of hope for the Pioli-Haley franchise but now I'm not so sure!

I mean Todd Haley is choosing to run the ball even when it's obvious he should throw the ball to try and gain a first down. He's choosing to run the ball when the chiefs are 3rd and 25 on their own 10 yard line when they were losing 7 - 24! So I don't think it's just me that realises that Todd Haley isn't as good of a Head Coach that we had hoped for him to be.

I mean maybe we should give him a few more chances or until the end of the year to judge his coaching ability but I would have thought that he would have won atleast 1 game this year! HE HASN'T! 7 games this year (including preseason game) and 7 losses with all the same frustration to it! We even lost to the raiders, 10 - 13, when in the 4th quarter the CB could have made an interception TD return easily if he had only caught the interception instead of dropping it. The outcome of the raiders game would have been 17 - 13 with the chiefs the winners! And the raiders aren't exactly having the best season either, they were actually probably playing worse than the chiefs but the chiefs caused so many more penalties, whioch added upto a total of 7 penalties for 50 yards penlised against the chiefs. And in those 50 yards somehwere quite possibly could have been a touchdown or atleast a field goal!

That win would not only have given us a record of 1-1 but after the loss to Philadelphia, which was a pretty disappointing game, the record would have still given the chiefs a record of 1 - 2 which doesn't actually look that bad, I mean even the lions have a better record than us, 1 - 2!

So you have to ask yourself;

Is Todd Haley really going to last that long if he carries on like this?
    Last edited by AussieChiefsFan; 09-29-2009 at 04:40 AM.

I don't completly agree with the play calling, but it is hard too call pass plays when the OL isn't blocking and the WR's can't get open.
    Galley's spread offense is loooking good at this point.

3rd and 25 on their own 10 yard line when they were losing 7 - 24!
    In that case it might not be the worst of ideas.. We could have taken a sack in the endzone for a safety, with the amoun of penetration Philly got..

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    In that case it might not be the worst of ideas.. We could have taken a sack in the endzone for a safety, with the amoun of penetration Philly got..
    Or run the ball, got nothing, punted and lose 34-7. whats the difference. I don't mind conservative play calling if u r trying to give yourself a chance to win, but right now...I am all for just throwing the ball up in the air and seeing what happens. Not like its gonna get any worse.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Haley has bit off a little more than what he can chew. Hopefully he will be smart enough to give the QB coaching to someone else and then get a new play caller in.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

An OC I think would help Hailey has just got to find someone that would fit what he wants to do. Dont think that will happen during this season.

I don't think any coach could turn this team around...

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Haley has bit off a little more than what he can chew. Hopefully he will be smart enough to give the QB coaching to someone else and then get a new play caller in.
    See, this is something else i don't get... NOWHERE in his past has he been the QBs coach... why in the hell is he deciding to not only be the head coach, not only be the head coach AND offensive coordinator, but the head coach, offensive coordinator AND QBs coach!

His 10 years as a scout and WR coach and 1/2 season as offensive coordinator has suddenly made him qualified in his mind to be ALL THREE coaches? I mean, why isn't he the offensive line coach as well. If he's such a great coach, wouldn't he lend his expertise to the weakest area of the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I don't think any coach could turn this team around...
    Perhaps, but knowing the condition this team is in, if you were the GM, wouldn't you want someone coaching your team with a proven track record of building and winning instead of some experimental OC?

There have been 4 extremely questionable moves made by Pioli and the hiring of Haley is at the top of that list followed closely by selecting T. Jackson at #3.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Perhaps, but knowing the condition this team is in, if you were the GM, wouldn't you want someone coaching your team with a proven track record of building and winning instead of some experimental OC?

There have been 4 extremely questionable moves made by Pioli and the hiring of Haley is at the top of that list followed closely by selecting T. Jackson at #3.
    I have said this before, Haley's problem is that he has his mind set on how this team is going to play and be damned whether the tools he have available can play that way.

That is why Gailey was let go to begin with. I am sure Gailey was trying to tell Haley that he needed to capitalize on what strengths these guys have, but Haley refused to go down that road. It is his ego that is killing him here.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast