Thread: Too close to home...

Default Too close to home...

This is the sad story from a middle school in our area. Our son Chance has friends at this school....It just happend so quickly!!
    My heart goes out to her family!!!

Swine Flu Kills Teen, Parents Say

Published : Monday, 28 Sep 2009, 6:16 PM CDT
    As North Texas dealt with several swine flu concerns on Monday , the Tarrant County Health Department was investigating whether the death of a 14-year-old student is related to the flu.
    Chloe Lindsey's parents said doctors told them the Leonard Middle School student had swine flu and pneumonia.
    They said on Saturday medical experts told them her symptons were not serious enough to warrant Tamiflu. But on Sunday morning she was admitted to the hospital and later that evening she died.
    "This just makes no sense, and I don't know if I'll ever make sense of this," said Chloe's father Tom Ozborne.
    The Fort Worth Independent School District sent letters to middle school parents on Monday informing them that the 8th grader died over the weekend.
    According to the district, the notice was a precaution, as was the disinfection of the school before the campus opened Monday morning. Grief councelors were also on hand to help students deal with the loss of a classmate.
    Chloe's parents said she was an honor student who was on the track team and in band.
    They now hope other parents will pay close attention to their own childrens' symptoms. And when it comes to treating the swine flu, ask questions and get answers, they said.
    "I couldn't protect her. There was nothing I could do," Ozborne said. "That's my job. That's my job to keep them safe and to keep them well and keep them fed, and I couldn't do that. I just couldn't. It happened so fast. I had no time. I had no time."
    Chloe's death is not the first youth flu-related death in North Texas. In fact, a 3-year-old died two weeks ago . A week prior, an 11-year-old girl died from swine flu .
    **ChiefsChick**

Please Move This To The Locker Room~i Posted Here By Mistake~sorry~
    **ChiefsChick**

Yep. Hate to read those kind of things.

Too sad; a parent should never have to bury their children.