Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Thigpen to the Dolphins.........

Default Thigpen to the Dolphins.........

Tyler Thigpen has been traded to the Miami Dolphins for an undisclosed draft pick. ESPN reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Let me tell you story about Thiggy. Now I don't know if this is true, but I woudn't be suprised. My boss says his cousin coaches baseball at CCU. He told me his cousin called him up said he smoked a joint with Tyler.

Not saying its true, but I believe its the truth. Which would explain why he makes poor reads.

My cousin's uncle's son has a friend who worked with Thiggy's great aunt twice removed on his fathers side who said that she overheard his third cousin talking to his best friend who said that this is true.

j/k

Thiggy has some of the best stuff money can buy.

I got the message from YZILLA earlier today on my cell
    Thigpen was traded...I was disappointed. I know some disagree...but I wanted him to stay, & would've preferred Croyle go. Just my humble opinion. :(

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Let me tell you story about Thiggy. Now I don't know if this is true, but I woudn't be suprised. My boss says his cousin coaches baseball at CCU. He told me his cousin called him up said he smoked a joint with Tyler.

Not saying its true, but I believe its the truth. Which would explain why he makes poor reads.
    I don't know if it's true or not either, but I've heard off & on for many years, that it's not unusual for NFL players to smoke weed as a pain reliever.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Thigpen did look pretty good at times last year. But this year? He has looked pretty poor all through pre-season.
    He did not look that good in the preseason - I can't argue with that. However, considering that he probably didn't get a lot of meaningful practice time, I think his play last year as a starter is a better indicator of what Thigpen can do.

I simply don't like us giving up on wins this season. I suppose time will tell but ...

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    He did not look that good in the preseason - I can't argue with that. However, considering that he probably didn't get a lot of meaningful practice time, I think his play last year as a starter is a better indicator of what Thigpen can do.

I simply don't like us giving up on wins this season. I suppose time will tell but ...
    Trading Thigpen does in no way mean we are giving up on wins, he wasn't going to play, because the other QB's did better than he did.. Period..

I like what he did last year, but unlike Cassel, Thigpen IS infact a system QB.. :)
    He is horrible in a conventional dropback offense, so he should fit in nicely in Miami's wildcat.
    Like I said, I liked what he did last year, so im actually glad that he got traded.. He will get a chance in a system where he fits in better.
    He has way too much talent to be competing for the 3rd QB spot on any team. :)

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    Trading Thigpen does in no way mean we are giving up on wins, he wasn't going to play, because the other QB's did better than he did.. Period..

I like what he did last year, but unlike Cassel, Thigpen IS infact a system QB.. :)
    He is horrible in a conventional dropback offense, so he should fit in nicely in Miami's wildcat.
    Like I said, I liked what he did last year, so im actually glad that he got traded.. He will get a chance in a system where he fits in better.
    He has way too much talent to be competing for the 3rd QB spot on any team. :)
    I really hope you're right ... that our 3rd string quarterback won't see any playing time.

I really like Cassel. If he can stay healthy he will be great for us. Croyle has a history of getting injured though.

I love Thigpen and it's amazing what he did last season.

But come on guys, he doesn't fit into this offensive scheme. I think the Dolphins will quickly realize if they ever have to use him that he really struggles when he has to drop back and deliver, and I may be wrong but I don't think that team uses the shotgun very often.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post

I dont think this moves gives up any wins. It gets anther draft pick for the 3rd string qb how many teams can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I dont think this moves gives up any wins. It gets anther draft pick for the 3rd string qb how many teams can do that.
    That's a pretty good argument ... if both Cassel and Croyle don't go down at the same time for an extended period.

I can see it now ... we'll bring in Vinny Testaverde.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast