Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Was There......

Unhappy I Was There......

and let me tell you, i saw nothing to change my opinion on cassel, haley, the offensive line, the whole team. haley said he can get 22 guys off the stree to win more than 2 games,....well he had better go get them. the worst part of game, next to losing, was being forced to listen to their hokey fight song "fly eagles fly" after each score, and they scored alot. yes we got boned on a couple pf penalties but with an anemic offense it would have made no differenc. haley apparently has never hear of the roll out or play action pass on first downs to avoid a relentless pass rush, nor cutback plays to take advantage of overpusuing defenders. the only bright spot was the defense actualy looked better than last year, not alot but still better. we did accomplish one thing however, we have replaced the lions as the worst team in the nfl.

Had to be rough to be there. It was truely an ugly game.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If we all thought last week was rough I don't even want to think what it's gonna be like with the leagues premirer pass rushing team coming to town. Thank God for beer!!!!!

Default beer...

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    If we all thought last week was rough I don't even want to think what it's gonna be like with the leagues premirer pass rushing team coming to town. Thank God for beer!!!!!
    Beer???
    I'm moving on to something stronger!
    **ChiefsChick**

yeah, it should look a little better through the bottom of a frosty mug

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    yeah, it should look a little better through the bottom of a frosty mug
    Not even!!! Switched to magarittas at half time! That didn't help either. Every phase of the game sucked, even Colquit was not himself.

Hi chiuefnut. I was there too. How were the Ickle fans in your section? Lot of bad ones near me.

Looked like a good 100-200 Chiefs fans scattered about the stadium, eh? Pretty cool to run into some of them. Heh, maybe you were even one of em' I passed by and/or chatted with briefly without knowing it!

Yeah, it was a rough game because of Philly dominating us, of course. BUT... we got to see THE CHIEFS! And that goes a long way in coping with the pain!

Hey and it was also cool that Len Dawson was near us. :) Too bad I couldn't go to the booth to meet him and get his autograph.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    and let me tell you, i saw nothing to change my opinion on cassel, haley, the offensive line, the whole team. haley said he can get 22 guys off the stree to win more than 2 games,....well he had better go get them. the worst part of game, next to losing, was being forced to listen to their hokey fight song "fly eagles fly" after each score, and they scored alot. yes we got boned on a couple pf penalties but with an anemic offense it would have made no differenc. haley apparently has never hear of the roll out or play action pass on first downs to avoid a relentless pass rush, nor cutback plays to take advantage of overpusuing defenders. the only bright spot was the defense actualy looked better than last year, not alot but still better. we did accomplish one thing however, we have replaced the lions as the worst team in the nfl.
    You touched on something I've been thinking of since pre-season- why has this "offensive wizard" failed to utilize play action on 1st downs, especially early in the game, where it could:

a. Force defenders to play back when you haul off and hurl one down a sideline to begin the game. This isn't even that complicated a concept- DeBerg ate other teams alive with it.

b. Buy time for the QB and loosen things for the running game- if they worry about you throwing long, and you've caught them napping by doing it, other things free up.

c. Creates matchups where they can't rush strange packages of guys, because they have to stay honest with coverage.

Designed roll-outs have some similar effects, but I guess it must take a lot of work to design all those running plays we use on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs.

Luckily, thanks to Colquit, we're AWESOME on 4th down.

I was in Pittsburgh a few years ago when we got drilled by 40+. It was awful. I've had to make that walk of shame way too many times. Feel for ya man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast