Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's The Cuts That Everybody Was Wondering About

Default Here's The Cuts That Everybody Was Wondering About

Kansas City Chiefs Sign Two, Release*Three - Arrowhead Pride

Kansas City Chiefs Sign Two, Release Three

by Joel Thorman on Sep 29, 2009 5:56 PM CDT in 2009 Campaign

There's been a lot of movement in the last hour so scan the front page to get caught up but here we go...
    The Kansas City Chiefs officially announced the arrival of former Arizona Cardinals tight end Leonard Pope. They also announced that the team has added T Chris Patrick to the practice squad.
    Here is our story on the Pope signing.
    Patrick was signed by the Giants as an undrafted free agent in 2007. He's had stints with the New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions, San Francisco 49ers and Philadelphia Eagles.
    The Chiefs also announced that the club has released LB Monty Beisel and CB Ricardo Colclough.
    Beisel is a bit of a surprise considering the team brought him on this offseason. He was behind Demorrio Williams and Derrick Johnson on the depth chart.
    The Chiefs have tried Ricardo Colclough out as a punt returner at times but he hasn't seen much game action in that capacity. The team has worked out multiple defensive backs in recent weeks so the writing may have been on the wall for Colclough.
    We're not done yet: The team also announced that Tom Crabtree has been released from the practice squad.
    Make the jump to walk through all of today's roster moves with me and see how many roster spots we have open.

Subtractions
    Additions
    • Leonard Pope
    • Chris Patrick (PS)
    By my count that leaves two spots open on the 53 man roster. Folks, we've still got some moves to be made!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I love the fact that our management is willing to make changes to address glaring needs. They may not all work, but some will. Bobby Wade has been the best mid-season move so far.

PS? Whats that mean?

Too bad Biesl is gone.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    PS? Whats that mean?

Too bad Biesl is gone.
    Practice Squad

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Practice Squad
    Oh right, I shouldn't skim
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I agree that Bobby Wade has been the best addition to the team. Hopefully Pope will be a good pickup as well, but enough with the receivers already.

We need to work on the wall to keep the never-ending stream of top ten defenses off our QB and out of our rushing lanes!

Runyon and Jones are probably out of the question, they must be physically unfit or they would be signed by now. I know Pio;i has been studing players who have been cut or are on practice squads. He probably has someone in mind.

Mark Tauscher, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Runyon and Jones are probably out of the question, they must be physically unfit or they would be signed by now. I know Pio;i has been studing players who have been cut or are on practice squads. He probably has someone in mind.
    Runyan is either asking for way too much guaranteed cash or he has not recovered well from his off-season surgery. He should have been picked up by somebody a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Mark Tauscher, perhaps.
    maybe, they worked him out today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast