Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Chiefs workout Ex-Packers RT Mark Tauscher Today

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Chiefs workout Ex-Packers RT Mark Tauscher Today


    0 Not allowed!
    Chiefs sign Pope, try out Mark Tauscher | ProFootballTalk.com

    Yesterday they announced that Ryan O'Callaghan is the new starting RT ahead of Ndukwe and now they are working out Tauscher. Apparently this is not the Chiefs of old, were they just "hope" to get better. Personally, I like the fact that they are constantly looking to get better. Especially when the line is as bad as ours is.


    CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    a little late. but good that they are trying I guess. by the time they even start to gel together(if that even happens) the season is half over. I'm still puzzled that they did not see and react to this in the preseason-ok the draft would have been the better starting point. but better than nothing by all means!
    Last edited by AkChief49; 09-29-2009 at 09:22 PM.


  3. #12
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    a little late. but good that they are trying I guess. by the time they even start to gel together(if that even happens) the season is half over. I'm still puzzled that they did not see and react to this in the preseason-ok the draft would have been the better starting point. but better than nothing by all means!

    I must invoke the phrase "Better late than never" here.

    Even if it takes by the bye week for our O-line to gel, we still have 8 games after that, so I'm good with it.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I guess I expected more from this regime. given the pedigree. We've only been needing a new o-line for what, two plus years?


  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,192
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I guess I expected more from this regime. given the pedigree. We've only been needing a new o-line for what, two plus years?
    Well this regime has been here what 6 months how are the 18 months before any thing to do with them? I know draft, well the players were not right for them and who in FA was worth signing anybody that was worth anything was already gone by the time this regime got their feet wet? You just can not make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. People are complaining that Albert is not a LT well this regime did not draft him. I say write this year off give this regime a full year to mold the team and a second draft I mean Rome was not built in a year. It took HE and CP 3 years to tear the team down so it is going to take over a year to build back up.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,043
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    They are bound and determined to shore up this OL. I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    They are bound and determined to shore up this OL. I love it.
    Agreed on both accounts!


  7. #16
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Well this regime has been here what 6 months how are the 18 months before any thing to do with them? I know draft, well the players were not right for them and who in FA was worth signing anybody that was worth anything was already gone by the time this regime got their feet wet? You just can not make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. People are complaining that Albert is not a LT well this regime did not draft him. I say write this year off give this regime a full year to mold the team and a second draft I mean Rome was not built in a year. It took HE and CP 3 years to tear the team down so it is going to take over a year to build back up.
    you're 100%correct.
    don't get me wrong. I'm a die-hard fan. I'm all for these guys(management) taking it to the next level. It is just an opinion of mine that they could have started with protecting the $60 mil. man. EVERYONE knows our o-line is in dire need of upgrade and has for some time. This is not a new problem. Pioli knew it coming in. If he did not know this then we are in trouble. I cannot bring myself to write off anything. I expect/want to win every week. Maybe deep down I feel we do not have a snowballs chance to win every week. But then again, deep down I believe we will. At least they are bringing people in and kicking the tires. You're right in that maybe the people available at the time did not "fit". It's just frustrating. Our O-line used to be formidable.


  8. #17
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,601
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    my only question about signing thses OL is how old are they and are we going to get young guys behind them to take their place when they decided retirement is the best option..

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    my only question about signing thses OL is how old are they and are we going to get young guys behind them to take their place when they decided retirement is the best option..
    Ideally we at least find some guys that can get us through this season and then draft a couple starters early on next season. If we fail to address the offensive line in the next draft early and often, it's going to be more of the same next year.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,003
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    They are bound and determined to shore up this OL. I love it.
    Better late than never...
    SHUT IT

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    Location
    betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.
    Posts
    1,258
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    stop gaps till next year. Somebody should slap clark,pioli,and haily along the side of the head for thinking our line willbe ok.
    We draft one olineman and spend next to nothing of our cap money on the oline when they saw last year it wasnt that good.
    Is poili not as good as we think judging talant or is our owner just cheap. Alittle bit of both i think.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 8/26 morning workout
    By pbatrucker in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 11:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •