Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How the Chiefs can beat the GIANTS

Default How the Chiefs can beat the GIANTS

Its going to be hard for the Chiefs to walk out with a W this sunday but that being said there are ways that the Chiefs can do it. There is always the saying any given sunday.

First Controll the Giants Running game. Make the Giants passing game beat you. Yes the Giants have Eli Manning but to me the reciveing core is not proven yet. They have had a good season so far but its for to early to say that Manningham or the Giants Steve Smith are great recivers. Make them beat you. Dont let the Giants get there ball control offense going.

Secound on the offensive side of the ball the O line has got to show up. Simply put if the O line does not show like they didnt last week the Chiefs have no way to win. I think with the Giants D that the Chiefs have to come out and be aggersive to open some things up in the running game. If the Chiefs can get a ball controll offense going then they have a solid chance to win.

Third most important STOP THE DUMB PENALTIES. Todd Hailey said in the Q&A today that in that part they went back to traing camp mode. That is probley the best thing to do. You have to cut out the mistakes you make. Dont beat yourselfs.

While it will be a tough game for the Chiefs if they cut out there mistakes and show up as a TEAM then there is no reason that the Chiefs can not be in the game and maybe even have a shot to win it in the end. I see the Gaints being Kind of like The Ravens and it could be a simular game. The Giants I think Right now have a little better D but there close. The Chiefs were tied with the Raves at 24 near the end. If they can learn from that game the chiefs could get win number 1. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    If Thig was here at least he could get away from the Giants front 7 which is going to be painful

Not sure- based on what happened in pre-season, it looked to me like Thig would have panicked as soon as he got the snap, got happy feet, and then thrown a lawn dart or a pick.

jb

Giant fan here. Excited for this weeks game. Havent played in KC for like a decade. We're expecting some of our injured players back but our 2ndary depth will be tested again. We're starting a 2nd year guy at corner 2, (Thomas) and an undrafted FA Bruce Johnson as our nickel. Hopefully Dockery is available. Ross is out for sure. No Phillips... Big loss.

My expectations of the game:

On Offense: Giants should have a field day moving the ball. Jacobs looks like a guy coming off a big contract and isnt playing with the same intensity as he has in the past. He vowed to change that this week and I expect him to be step up his game this weekend to quiet the doubters. Bradshaw is a home run threat every time he touches the ball. Hes quick and strong... An ideal compliment to the bruising Jacobs. Manning looks so poised and comfortable. He still is a bit inconsistent with his accuracy, and struggles in the red zone. Giants need to finish drives better.

On Defense: Giants dont blitz often. Dont really have to with their stacked DLine. Canty hasnt even played yet this season and even though their sack numbers are just fair, they disrupt the flow for the opposing offense. Tuck should be out there for us at almostr full strength and Kiwi and Osi are dangerous pass rushers. Robbins, Cofield and Bernard more then hold their own in the middle. Pierce, clark and Bloey are solid lbs. Pierce has lost a step but is the general of our defense and spends alot of time in the film room. The downside of this unit is they often overpursue and are very vulnerable to counters and cutbacks. Misdirection plays kill us. Webster is shutdown and should make the probowl this year.

I dont think the Cheifs talent matches up and Coughlin always gets us ready. So I dont expect a let down. My prediction. 27 - 13 GMEN.

Good luck this weekend and lets hope both teams stay injury free!

Quote Originally Posted by schottyb View Post
    Giant fan here. Excited for this weeks game. Havent played in KC for like a decade. We're expecting some of our injured players back but our 2ndary depth will be tested again. We're starting a 2nd year guy at corner 2, (Thomas) and an undrafted FA Bruce Johnson as our nickel. Hopefully Dockery is available. Ross is out for sure. No Phillips... Big loss.

On Offense: Giants should have a field day moving the ball. Jacobs looks like a guy coming off a big contract and isnt playing with the same intensity as he has in the past. He vowed to change that this week and I expect him to be step up his game this weekend to quiet the doubters. Bradshaw is a home run threat every time he touches the ball. Hes quick and strong... An ideal compliment to the bruising Jacobs. Manning looks so poised and comfortable. He still is a bit inconsistent with his accuracy, and struggles in the red zone. Giants need to finish drives better.

On Defense: Giants dont blitz often. Dont really have to with their stacked DLine. Canty hasnt even played yet this season and even though their sack numbers are just fair, they disrupt the flow for the opposing offense. Tuck should be out there for us at almostr full strength and Kiwi and Osi are dangerous pass rushers. Robbins, Cofield and Bernard more then hold their own in the middle. Pierce, clark and Bloey are solid lbs. Pierce has lost a step but is the general of our defense and spends alot of time in the film room. The downside of this unit is they often overpursue and are very vulnerable to counters and cutbacks. Misdirection plays kill us. Webster is shutdown and should make the probowl this year.

I dont think the Cheifs talent matches up and Coughlin always gets us ready. So I dont expect a let down. My prediction. 27 - 13 GMEN.

Very respectible nice post!! Thanks, and good luck to your team as well. :)

I have to admit it was hard to wish you luck though, haha...considering we REALLY are desperate for a win here!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Well, I suppose I should just post out my first thought, when reading the title, "How can the Chiefs beat the Giants"...that first thought being...PRAY!!
    its ok Connie... my first thought is that we go for lil eli and tickle him till he pees his pants! Thats what Peyton used to do to him!

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    its ok Connie... my first thought is that we go for lil eli and tickle him till he pees his pants! Thats what Peyton used to do to him!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Giants need to finish drives better.
    Yeah at kcchiefs.com they said that's one weakness of the Giants - they are 0 for 8 at scoring touchdowns when in the red zone. And the Chiefs defense has looked pretty good this year the closer teams get to scoring. Like even last week against the Eagles, the Eagles got 2 tds that were 35 and 64 yd pass plays. 2 other times when they had good drives the Chiefs held them to field goals. And then there was that 4th and 1 in Chiefs territory that the Eagles failed to convert.

We've had trouble against you guys, as Honda pointed out in another thread our lifetime record is 2-9 against you. But 2-3 at KC (0-6 at NY). But as honda also pointed out, numbers don't really mean too much. Like the Herm era kind of put a lot of encouraging numbers on hold for now. Like us being the only team Favre never beat. Like us never losing at Baltimore and Philadelphia. Like us winning 9 in a row against Jokeland. Like us being one of the toughest teams to beat at home (now on a 7 game home losing streak).

Here's to a great game tomorrow!

Good post even if you are a giants fan The giants probley wont have to blitz at all to get pressure on Cassel with the current chiefs O line. Hopeing the chiefs can take advantage of the young guy at corner that would at least give them a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Run the ball well.
    Stop the run.
    Win the turnover battle.

The same things coaches say every week, but they are so true.
    this needs to happen! we do not have a rushing TD yet this year!

All this week I've been getting this feeling!!!! Feels like the Chiefs are going to play very well this Sunday!!!! Time to reve up the energy this is going to be the week for that first win!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    If our lines show up, we could win every game. Point is they won't.
    I think our best chance at survival in this one is to have the defense carry us.

Avoid the big play. Play strong in the red zone. And a turnover, or two couldn't hurt.

I don't trust Haley to be able to get a running game going. And I don't trust our O-line to protect long enough, often enough, for our passing game to be terribly effective.

If we do win, I think it will be from a few big plays, (Offense, defense and STs.) and keeping The Giants out of the endzone. Something like...24-19.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234