Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought....

Default Just a thought....

Since we are having problems with the OL and Cassel's protection...a somewhat easy solution would be throwing quick outs and quick slants. Easy throws for short quick gains.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

That would make us even more one dimensional than we are now!

Those types of plays would be nice, but we need to throw some play action passes and get those defenses stretched out- back out of the box.

I would also say we need to be running some screens, since those require letting the defense into the backfield.

Well, last year our OC adjusted our offense to cater to our talent pool (Tyler Thigpen)... the 'pistol' offense.
    So I'm sure we'll have no problem adjusting again to.... oh wait... that OC isn't here anymore.
    And either is that mobile QB.

Oh well, I guess we'll move forward with the same offensive line and an immobile QB.... I'm sure the opposing defenses won't pick up on the fact that Cassel can't scramble and bring the heat every single play.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Those types of plays would be nice, but we need to throw some play action passes and get those defenses stretched out- back out of the box.

I would also say we need to be running some screens, since those require letting the defense into the backfield.
    Our screens this year look like dog s**t, Priest is embarrassed.

Anyways, I say find something that works and stay consistence. Thats been our problem, we find something that works and move on to try something else.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplifter View Post
    Well, last year our OC adjusted our offense to cater to our talent pool (Tyler Thigpen)... the 'pistol' offense.
    So I'm sure we'll have no problem adjusting again to.... oh wait... that OC isn't here anymore.
    And either is that mobile QB.

Oh well, I guess we'll move forward with the same offensive line and an immobile QB.... I'm sure the opposing defenses won't pick up on the fact that Cassel can't scramble and bring the heat every single play.
    How is Cassel not moblie? You do realize that he had the most rush yards for a QB besides our thiggy last year right. Of course on that knee its probably slowing him down.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Since we are having problems with the OL and Cassel's protection...a somewhat easy solution would be throwing quick outs and quick slants. Easy throws for short quick gains.
    That is what we are trying to do now... Since most defenses know we cannot go deep, they cover those sorts of plays.

AS I said, the same as last year, you put nine men in the box, you stop the run dead and you easily shut down out offense. We have to get some protection for the QB before we go any further.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    How is Cassel not moblie? You do realize that he had the most rush yards for a QB besides our thiggy last year right. Of course on that knee its probably slowing him down.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Guy ran his a$$ off on a bum knee. He's got wheels, I'm no worried about that. Just needs some time to set up and throw, and we're a long way from that right now.

We need to throw more short passes on first down, no doubt about it. 3rd and 9 is impossible to convert consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post

You do know that in order for play action passes to work defenses have to actually respect the teams running game, right? I may be going out on a limb here, but I think it's safe to say that LJ's amazing 2.5 yards per carry average doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of defenders. Also in order for screen passes to work you have to actually have a competent O-line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast