Thread: No Respect

Default No Respect

http://www.gambling911.com/AFC-West-...07-081807.html

AFC West, Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders Betting Odds - 2007
    AFC West, Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders betting odds for 2007 and 2008 are now available along with betting odds on the favored San Diego Chargers.
    The good news for both Denver Broncos fans and San Diego Chargers fans is that the two teams cut into each other's "favorite" status just enough to offer a substantial payout potential. The Broncos were listed with +200 odds to win the AFC West while the Chargers had odds of -200. What this means is that a Broncos bet can pay $200 for every $100 put into action whereas one would have to bet $200 to win $100 (plus their initial $200 back) with the Chargers.
    Likewise, the Broncos odds to win the 2007 AFC Championship promise a potential payout of $1300 for every $100 bet. The Broncos going to the Super Bowl and walking off with the title: That one pays $2300 for every $100 bet. All Odds courtesy of Betmaker.com here
    These are great odds for the Denver Broncos if you consider MileHighReport's bold prediction that the Broncos will edge out the Chargers in 2007 (perhaps a little biased based on the "local perspective"):
    The Winds of change began to swirl in Denver way back on Draft Day 2006 when the Broncos made the bold move to trade up for Jay Cutler, their Quarterback of the Future. From that moment on incumbent Jake Plummer, who had won over 70% of his games as the Broncos starter, knew he was a lame duck quarterback and he proceeded to play like it in 2007. Plummer's play coupled with a deterioration in results from the defense led to a quarterback change being made to begin Week 13. The Jay Cutler Era began, and after a 2-3 finish to the season, which included missing out on the playoffs, the Broncos set out to address as many of their weaknesses as possible. Only time will tell if it was enough.
    The only caution regarding the Broncos is how fast Jay Cutler will pick up the nuances of the Mike Shanahan offense. In my humble opinion not long at all. The Broncos addressed nearly every glaring weakness, and while there are still some concerns at Wide Receiver and Safety, the additions of Henry, along with Daniel Graham, should provide the Broncos with enough veteran leadership to help carry Cutler through the early part of the season. The departure of longtime team captain Al Wilson will be a tough pill to swallow but Shanahan has always done a good job bringing in vets to help lead the younger players. The AFC West looks to be a 2 horse race between San Diego and Denver. While the Chargers are the most talented team in the division, the turnover on their coaching staff compared to the stability in Denver gives the Broncos a slight edge. The Broncos will edge out the Chargers, though both teams will head on to the Playoffs.
    Meanwhile the Kansas City Chiefs betting odds for 2007 offer some of the longest odds for a team that's expected to be fairly descent. This is a result of being in the AFC West division by default.
    Winning this division would result in a $1750 payout on every $100 bet. Winning the conference pays $3500 for every $100 bet.
    The concerns here are that the Chiefs will be relying on new quarterbacks to charge their way past the Broncos and Chargers (then again, in theory, the later two teams are in a similar position).
    Andrew Crocker of ArrowheadPride.com:
    It will be a year of promise, a year of mistakes, and a year of transition. A relatively manageable schedule doesn't hurt. It's entirely likely that the Chiefs head into the last game of the season, a trip to New York to play Mangini's Jets, to determine not only the playoff hopes for this year, but the potential for the future. Croyle will have endured 15 games at that point, all the rookies and second-year players will have the season behind them, and Herm Edwards and a Chiefs team that has historically been awful on the road in December will have a chance to prove themselves to be a completely new brand of Red and Gold, and a force to be reckoned with in the not-so-distant future.
    Sorry Raiders fans but we got to focus more on a "value" bet specific to Oakland, that being the OVER/UNDER regular season total wins. You'll be thrilled to learn that the oddsmakers at Betmaker.com do have the Raiders a -130 favorite to win OVER 5 games in 2007. The payout is reduced slightly compared to even odds on the UNDER 5 games.
    Odds to Win the AFC West 2007 Courtesy of Betmaker.com

DENVER BRONCOS

+200

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

+1750

OAKLAND RAIDERS

+1900

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

-205 ---

Are you kidding me? Who finished 3rd in the division last year? I think it was a jack-***-type animal in Denver. Who finished 2nd? The Chiefs. But look at the "odds" difference. AMAZING.

This will be a fun season just watching all of the spinsters and experts back-pedal from the Broncos / Chargers toss-up. Cutler finishes 2-3. Numerous losses in Denver in personnel and the only question is by how many games they'll win the AFC West by.

Someone is smoking crack before making odds....
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

The Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL.

We have just marginally better odds than the Raiders who were the worst team in the NFL. I think whomever set these odds needs their head checked. Let's not forget that half of those games will be in Arrowhead. I don't think they'll win the division, but I wouldn't bet 18-1 against it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    We have just marginally better odds than the Raiders who were the worst team in the NFL. I think whomever set these odds needs their head checked. Let's not forget that half of those games will be in Arrowhead. I don't think they'll win the division, but I wouldn't bet 18-1 against it happening.

That would be a heck of a payday though.

I'm sick of all these so called no it alls picking Denver,and anyone else for that matter to win at arrowhead. Denver even knows those games are never a pushover, you cant come into to arrowhead and roll over the chiefs. Where do these guys get there education?

Quote Originally Posted by swmochiefsfan View Post
    I'm sick of all these so called no it alls picking Denver,and anyone else for that matter to win at arrowhead. Denver even knows those games are never a pushover, you cant come into to arrowhead and roll over the chiefs. Where do these guys get there education?
    Every year we always hear about how awesome the donks will be. I honestly think it's because like half of the commentators/analysts out there used to play (or work) for them. Higher turnover rates in a company is usually not good.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Every year we always hear about how awesome the donks will be. I honestly think it's because like half of the commentators/analysts out there used to play (or work) for them. Higher turnover rates in a company is usually not good.
    the donks, thats great never heard that before.

We got the strongest 12th man presence in the league! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    We got the strongest 12th man presence in the league! :)
    absofrekinlutey.

absofrekinlutey.
    ...Could not have expressed it any better.